larry t and the family

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited May 2005 in Music Talk
First off, how many fuggin sealed copies are there floating around ?Secondly, is this record any good ? does anyone have any sound files of it ? it's from 1980 so i'm afraid it's some modern soul junk. dave

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I heard it once at AP's house.
    good instrumental soul jazz lp with a very dfinite late 70's early 80's sound. I like it but I'm not sure if you would

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    I heard it once at AP's house.
    good instrumental soul jazz lp with a very dfinite late 70's early 80's sound. I like it but I'm not sure if you would

do it be funky ?

• I heard it once at AP's house.

It would be an awesome record if it were indeed instrumental; Larry's vocal intonation proved (to me) to be far less than stellar...aside from that it's damn good.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    whoa, it ain't instrumetnal? man I guess I do smoke a lotta weed.

anyways I still want a copy of this and I'm loving the sealed copies that are making the rounds...prices steadily gettin lower and lower

• To reiterate Dave's question, anyone got MP3s? Also, I might make a trade offer to someone who's got sealed copies - is the market value currently seeing this at around $200?

To reiterate Dave's question, anyone got MP3s? Also, I might make a trade offer to someone who's got sealed copies - is the market value currently seeing this at around $200?

Try $90

I remember when this thing was going for 400.

dave

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    reserve not met though

I've always been curious bout this record myself. I'd love to hear some soundclips. Isn't Calvin Keys on this record?

• You are correct... showandtellmusic has some info about it on his site....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    To reiterate Dave's question, anyone got MP3s? Also, I might make a trade offer to someone who's got sealed copies - is the market value currently seeing this at around $200?

Try $90

I remember when this thing was going for 400.

dave

Here's a couple prices I've seen it go for on eBay:

$300

$224.50

$328.99

$286

$328.99

$157.50

$192.50

$227.50 May, 2005

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This is a great record. It will dip in price and then it will go back up.

The market is being flushed by idiots who don't know how to deal.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    The market is being flushed by idiots who don't know how to make a deal in the real world.

• I've got it. There are heaps of sealed copies around by the sound of it. I reckon its a great album though, larry's voice is slightly strange, but instrumentally the album is solid. I can post up some soundclips if people are keen.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Pleez to post up some soundclips.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that shits pretty fuggin dope! sounds more soul-jazzish than funkish to me

• it's a real solid album. There's a mix of instrumental and vocal tracks. His voice is unusual, but that makes it different I reckon. It doesnt get caught up in early 80's modern soul either. Anyone know what that quinn harris masterminds lp is like? got a mean cover.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    the quinn harris is fuckin MEAN!

• quinn harris sounclips anyone?

Quinn Harris title track

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=226LPH1NPPFAQ0YHQ0V7O90N6Y

Sorry for the bass being too hot, I recorded it a while ago and have been too lazy to re-do it.

I think groove merchant has copies. Not cheap but worth it. half of the tracks are just killer.

• that flute kills. how much are they selling it for?

that flute kills. how much are they selling it for?

Dunno. I bought mine elsewhere. But I know it won't be cheap! Maybe 150? Just a guess.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    thanks for posting up those Larry T clips man. I liked the third track best. His vocals probably would take a lil gettin used to for me.

I like that Quinn Harris ish a lot more, that shit sounds dope.

• That first Larry T clip is my favourite... does it stay instrumental the whole way through, this clip?

sounds files to quinn harris and larry t right at your doorstep. that is one reason why i love soulstrut.

now all i have to hear is 47 times it's own weight and starcrost. anybody got files to those ?

sounds files to quinn harris and larry t right at your doorstep. that is one reason why i love soulstrut.

now all i have to hear is 47 times it's own weight and starcrost. anybody got files to those ?

47 times:

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1L61EM7Z3T6FX3949N406P5VOW

• the first track is a full instrumental. Is the Quinn Haris a one tracker? I can put up full mp3's if people want files to keep - the quinn is rockin' in my ipod.

• I would love a full clip of that first instrumental Larry T track, in case a trade doesn't work out for me.... this track has almost a slight shuffling brazilian feel, imo... btw, Dave, I have an Mp3 of the Starcrost track "False Paradise". You can find in my soulseek files, if you're online there, username "beat-clover". I think it's in my funk-jazz folder.

• sorry for the delay alcindor....here's an mp3 of larry t's patty.

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0LETJY9EFWKOT070GN1Y52OEWH

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    it's from 1980 so i'm afraid it's some modern soul junk.

ha! I thought the same thing. Quite the contrary. Almost Brasilian sounding - chords and singing...and you know the singing on some brasilian albums can take "a little getting used to." hot & consistant album tho..not what I was expcting.