PICS of YOUR COLLECTION and/or A WEIRD Ex-COWORKER

high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
**salsa record 14 not approved by Raj Mahal of "website about beats" fame.

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i think you made a mistake and put one of those records in there twice. good photoshop skills.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    plaese to send that far fuckin out "quinto sol" and that ill-ass "sola" to memphis plaese

here is half of my collection laying on the pool table as I try and organize the sumbitches

here is a weird co-worker, I say weird because he lies about his age, you gotta be a putz to lie about your age. He told me he was 34, but the manager at one of his other jobs about 5 years ago told me he put "34" on his application then, so dude is like 40 or some shit...but that is prolly the average age of the modern american garage rocker

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Dude, I don't think thats the weirdo... Who's dude in the spiderman outfit???

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

There is a lot wrong with this picture. Why is he wearing 2 hats would be another question to ask.

Hookup, you used to work with Trent Reznor?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Why is he wearing 2 hats would be another question to ask.

MEATYOGRE WANNABE

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/Sebbqq/PICT0029.jpg[/img]

Some Danish joints.

Some soul joints.

Herb Geller joint.

Brian Bennett joints.

I took the pictures at night and there was very bad light in the room, so sometimes they aren't that good. So I owe you 2 more.

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts

I'd most def Tap...

shit I would buy this for the cover alone, how is this ?

-B-

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I'd most def Tap...

shit I would by this for the cover alone, how is this ?

I don't have that one, but I have this one:

What you don't see is that the cover is a gatefold. Imagine an additional bottom half of that picture. Nekkid.

Musicwise it's nonfunky early 70s cocktail Euro-jazz with scat-type vocals by Birgit, kinda like Gilles Peterson might play if he was feeling mellow. The titletrack is the best one IMO, all breezylike, settling into a groove here and there as Birgit giggles some cutesy "I'll bring an umbrella, pack a package, tye his laces" lyrics about her boyfriend or son, I can't tell which.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

man of many hats?

nice pink shirt w/ the wife beater underneath... he seems to be faaaaaaded.

i too would like to inquire about spiderman dude... what kind of co-workers yo got yo!

-rich

This is what dustygroove have to say about it.

A very groovy singer -- with a really wonderful feel! Birgit hails from Denmark, and has the icy Scandinavian jazz vocal approach of singers like Monica Zetterlund or Karin Krog -- equally well suited to standard jazz material, as it is to electric oriented tunes or bossa nova, both of which appear on this set! The overall style is almost in a Sergio Mendes Brasil 66 style -- light poppy touches at times, bubbling with a bit of bossa and some cool grooves laid out on organ and piano, with some occasional backing vocals on a few tracks. Groovy sunshine pop from the Baltic scene of the early 70s -- with tracks that include versions of "Sunny", "Pretty World", "Fool On The Hill", "Melting Pot", "Make It With You", "Gimme Little Sign", and "Sometimes".

The track that does it for me is "Birger" aka "Sunny". Some might some of the other lighter tunes but they don't move me that much.

Close-up of this one.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    This is not my entire collection, but could easily have gone in a recent weekend digs thread. The Thin Mints box is mostly Thin VG+.

could easily have gone in a recent weekend digs thread.

bought a collection? how's it lookin? can I have your Freddy Wilson "Top Goin Down" yet?

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

I remember watching this auction... I like that beat...

those sheets were just recently laid down to rest. RIP. I hate that fukin eminiem record.

• NutsNuts 44 Posts

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    so unfocused right now

Nice record shelves, though, are they custom?

• Options
    Here is a collection of roughly 75 pairs of socks sitting on some records shot with an LG camera phone. Custom shelving by Unglo Lungharden.

Here is a picture of me doing a kegstand with three friends holding me up. I used to work at Subway with the two guys on the left, and then at TGI Fridays with the second guy from the left. They're both pretty wierd. Kegstands cause me to come up with names like Unglo Lungharden.

MAN THE FUCK UP BITCHES

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Dees fotos ees geefing me pukos. P-L ease sto P-P-P-PIT!

I want some Atlantic promos, pronto.

• FUCKING ASSHOLES

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

Some Danish joints.

nice iron office ! who could have a danish collection without iron office ? but the real question is do you have their first one ?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    here ya go

Soundwave protecting the wax!

My girl did the art on the trains!

nice iron office ! who could have a danish collection without iron office ? but the real question is do you have their first one ?

Yea, I do. Just don't have on a picture. It's been long since I listened to them but I think I liked this one better than the first last time. Have you heard them or just one of them and what do you think?

and who could have a Danish collection without cox orange? I also got shubidua 6 with the break, just not on picture. I actually got a few copies if anybody would be interested.

another danish female singer.

Library.

drumbreaks.

modern soul. Anyone have the solaris? Isn't it quite nice?

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    i like that secret oyster record too. i didn't know they were from denmark.
    the iron office is a bit fusiony but i've heard those guys are heavy weights of the denmark jazz scene.

• Options
    You've all seen pics of my collections...and since I work for myself, I don't have any co-workers. So here's a pic of my dad with his big ole head and bushy eyebrows..and a fellow student at my alam mater.

http://www.interaction-design.org/references/authors/william_laverty.html

Ha, K.

i like that secret oyster record too. i didn't know they were from denmark.

the iron office is a bit fusiony but i've heard those guys are heavy weights of the denmark jazz scene.

That's true and some of the jazz records is going for big bucks. Niels-Henning ??rsted Pedersen also recorded for blue note. Palle Mikkelborg that's on the first iron office lp is also playing on "vidunderlige k??lling". It's a Danish record. Did you know the record was made for some musical? on the bottom of the cover it says "musik fra opf??relsen p??......." which means "Music from the performance at The New Theater". Maybe you got it confused because they were only pressed in Holland. I don't think there were anywhere to get vinyl pressed in Denmark back in the day. I'm not sure. I've also seen a Danish record listed at recordkingz as being Dutch, because it was pressed on Holland.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Anyone have the solaris? Isn't it quite nice?

It's not bad. But not the best. If you can find an LP by a group called Seaquence; same vibe but a bit better.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I hate you euro dudes

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Hi, can you spare a Cox Orange? Thanks