eBay question: 45 ok, but fake pic sleeve!

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
So I won an $18 German pic sleeve 45. Sleeve & 45 are in great shape, but the pic sleeve isn't a real sleeve; it's a color copy cut & taped to make a fake sleeve. This was not specified in the auction; the sleeve was graded as if it were the real thing in the description.What would Soulstrut do about this? I'd like to keep the record and get a $5 discount but I know some of you sellers aren't keen on the "discount" option. What's fair?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Start a new SLEEVESTRUT thread.

What are the chances of finding this record again? If it's something that will turn up again within a year or so, I'd try to just send the package back for a full refund. But if you won't see it again for whoknowshowlong, then just tell dude you're mildly pissed and see what he might offer up. You point out his error and allow him to offer the olive branch. It might turn out better than you hope for and asking for $5 is showing your hand too early.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Fuck that Marco, get a full refund, or if you're willing to take a partial refund because it's the record you wanted, do that.

I'd go for full.

• It's not a rare or expensive record. $15-$20 is the going rate. I just don't feel like going through the hassle and possible expense of returning it since the record plays fine and it's a good photocopy. ha ha

I PM'd the seller and asked for a discount. We'll see what she says.

BTW I looked on her feedback and she's done this at least twice to other buyers. Caveat emptor.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

BTW I looked on her feedback and she's done this at least twice to other buyers. Caveat emptor.

And if they're leaving feedback about it, she probably ain't giving refunds

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    if you bought it for the record, then keep it....

if you bought it for the sleeve, return it....

as a seller who sees folks on occasion trying to return perfectly good product because they are suffering buyers remorse, you can tell a reasonable buyer like yourself when they are dissatisfied. So if you are polite and calm, and ask for a refund on the record and not necessarily the shipping, and real seller should accept your return with no problem. If they don't, then report them to ebay. simple....

hope that helps.