WFMU - Who's Going, Who's Spinning, Who's Hungover

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Who's going to WFMU this year? I'm spinning at Smashed!Blocked! (Beauty Bar) that Friday and wanna know what's up that Thursday and Saturday night. Anybody else playing gigs that weekend in NYC? Dante you playing Bumpshop? I think it might be a good weekend to just party and totally miss the record show due to being hungover. Anybody with me?

Comments

• i'll be djing at the Skinny in the LES...if you weren't already spinning i'd have you down.

i used to be the Friday resident at Beauty Bar...from 2001 to 2004...great space, josh throws nice parties.

i'm most definitely going to the record fair!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'll be there, after skipping last year. This time more for the spectacle than to indiscriminately drop beans on overpriced records. But, hopefully I can leave with a couple of nice things. Plaese to advise on what other events are going on that weekend.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i was dissapointed last year, from a brazilian record point of view.

i was dissapointed last year, from a brazilian record point of view.

" I found plenty at noon on Friday ...."

• I am selling on Friday and Saturday at the fair (LPs and 45s).
    Look for the table with the giant dixie flag and the combo TV-VCR playing eighth generation video dubs of the Beatles doing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" live in Hamburg.
    We'll be next to that dude.

• i'm most definitely going to the record fair!

please to provide more info on this?

• Arrrrrgh. My girl has her wisdom teeth removed that Friday, and I've already promised to take care of her until Sunday. Again, arrrrrgh. It was fun last year.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Arrrrrgh. My girl has her wisdom teeth removed that Friday, and I've already promised to take care of her until Sunday. Again, arrrrrgh. It was fun last year.

Your girl is having her wisdom teeth removed 2 years in a row??

I'm going - and want to know what's up with the hotel listening/bonghit parties plaese!

Arrrrrgh. My girl has her wisdom teeth removed that Friday, and I've already promised to take care of her until Sunday. Again, arrrrrgh. It was fun last year.

Your girl is having her wisdom teeth removed 2 years in a row??

I'm going - and want to know what's up with the hotel listening/bonghit parties plaese!

no time for that nonsense at fmu

serious business

take that sh#t to ARC !