I'm bored - ask me sth about Euro/German raers

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Ask me already!!!

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    whats that band that sang hochzeitnacht?

• What??s your favourite from Klaus Doldinger / what do you recommend?

What do you think about the Manfred Krug semi-hype?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    whats that band that sang hochzeitnacht?

Uschi Br??ning & G??nther Fischer - Hochzeitsnacht 45 on Amiga from 1975

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    What??s your favourite from Klaus Doldinger / what do you recommend?

Doldinger: Negresco OST - "the ??bbber-rare" (Sitar Beat, Negresco, etc - dope from start to finish). I'm a huge fan of the first Motherhood LP. Great music. And the self titled 2LP (gimmick cover) is cool too, cause it has Sitar Beat and the best track from the Motherhood LP.

Manfred Krugs lyrics are actually not bad. His singing sucks though and the music too. I didn't buy a single LP by him. So, the Krug LPs are totally overrated IMO.
    I feel the same about James Last. I picked up the Voodoo Party LP once, because there was absolutely nothing else to buy at that thrift store. I paid 50 cents, but still couldn't enjoy that record.

• how is the fred van zegveld lp "dynamite ? hot ? or not ? and is it worth its price ?

and if you could answer the same question about the staff carpenborg lp, it would be nice too ...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    how is the fred van zegveld lp "dynamite ? hot ? or not ? and is it worth its price ?

and if you could answer the same question about the staff carpenborg lp, it would be nice too ...

zegfeld:
    two great organ funk tracks (mohawk-esque - which can get a little boring after a few listens), but the rest is dull. blues and slow jazz. i still like it though. recordkingz has one for 125 GBP (www.xe.com for exchange rates). a bit too much maybe. it's rare, but not THAT good.

carpenborg:
    fantastic record. i really really like it! some people say it sounds like a bad Can cover band, but that's just totally wrong. the fantastic party lp is awesome. i hardly ever heard another record like it. sounds like a stripped down vampires of dartmoore session without the moog and sound effects.! i can only recommend it.
    the carpenborg lp is rare although it was pressed on the budget label Maritim. There are other rare record on Maritim. The first, pretty much unknown Hairy Chapter LP for example. Carpenborg is well known over here and it should usuall cost more than 100 Euros. popsike says up to 400 USD. it's more worth buying it for expensive money, than the zegfeld, I think.

• Any Killer-Schlager out there?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Any Killer-Schlager out there?

yes. i don't like schlager though. even if it's killer.

• What??s your favourite from Klaus Doldinger / what do you recommend?

Doldinger: Negresco OST - "the ??bbber-rare" (Sitar Beat, Negresco, etc - dope from start to finish). I'm a huge fan of the first Motherhood LP. Great music. And the self titled 2LP (gimmick cover) is cool too, cause it has Sitar Beat and the best track from the Motherhood LP.

Sitar beat is really hot. Hard to find and especially hard to find for cheap though

Manfred Krugs lyrics are actually not bad. His singing sucks though and the music too. I didn't buy a single LP by him. So, the Krug LPs are totally overrated IMO.

• thanks for the infos grope !

and how is that trip lp on telefunken ? saw it on ebay for about 60 euros few weeks ago ... was it a bargain ?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    trip for 60 is a bargain. i really like that record. it is a wild mixture of styles. jazz, funk, psych, pop... great lyrics too. a copy of popera has just been sold on eBay. the french Trip LP. people say it's better than Trip. Strange name though. "Popera".

I got Trip for less than 60, but i consider it as one of my best finds this year.

• Is Berry Lipman rare? what is his best song? Wich LP is Sex World on? and do you know the italian Billy Woost LP?

Grope is kool

yo

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    hi grope!

should i buy the carpenbourg lp for 800kr (86euro)? its on a wall here in town and im seriously thinking about grabbing it.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Is Berry Lipman rare? what is his best song? Wich LP is Sex World on? and do you know the italian Billy Woost LP?

Grope is kool

yo

berry lipman rare? how can he be rare?

His real name was Friedl (Fred) Berlipp. He also recorded under the name of Rex Brown (Selected Sound). He worked as composer, producer, arranger and bandleader. I have no idea if there are many rare records by him. He recorded way too many albums. I know that Action, Tension & Space is pretty rare though.
    Most of his good songs appear on more than one record. Even most of his libraries tunes can be found on budget label pressings or later, not so rare, libraries.

99% of his records are Easy Listening music with Latin influences. Unlistenable. I only like a few library songs by him.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    Is Berry Lipman rare? what is his best song? Wich LP is Sex World on? and do you know the italian Billy Woost LP?

Grope is kool

yo

action tension and space on selected sound is the bomb. no sex world track on that lp tho. but i believe its his best lp anyways.

• da b??r den v??re bra!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    hi grope!

should i buy the carpenbourg lp for 800kr (86euro)? its on a wall here in town and im seriously thinking about grabbing it.

you should buy it! NOW!

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Okay I have three questions

1.[/b] What is it about Germany, do you think, that makes U.S. service members want to get down and make funk albums there?

and

2.[/b] Was Snake in the Grass a serious act, or were they just trying to cash in on the modern sounds of the time.

and finally

3.[/b] Are there any[/b] good records on the selected sound label?!?!?

• and do you know the italian Billy Woost LP?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Wich LP is Sex World on?

Star Maidens OST - but I think it's the vocal version of Highway Patrol (on Action, Tension & Space and Season Opening on Selected Sound) which was never used in the series...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Plaese to answer this:

?????

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

1.[/b] What is it about Germany, do you think, that makes U.S. service members want to get down and make funk albums there?
    hm, i don't know. which bands are you talking about? i don't know of too many us servie members funk albums. soul caravan, maybe?

2.[/b] Was Snake in the Grass a serious act, or were they just trying to cash in on the modern sounds of the time.
    just played it to a big collector. he didn't even know the lp. must have been a seriuos attempt. there are some good records on those bugdet labels, whcih were never release again. it sounds more like a band from england though.

3.[/b] Are there any[/b] good records on the selected sound label?!?!?

yes,

blue butterfly for one track (da bomb, mayne)
    action tension & space (go cop that one on eBay.de)
    the master said is great
    pipeline is great
    night drive is cool
    city calling is "OK"
    light & rhythmical backgrouns is great
    artistry in trumpets for "satan superstar"
    king size is "OK"

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Plaese to answer this:

?????

he's big in China. people recognize him. street cred!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    China? wow - weird...

• Do you like Leaf Hound?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Do you like Leaf Hound?

are they german? i don't think so.

• Do you like Leaf Hound?

Don't know if they're German but they put out a record on the Telefunken label.
    Pardon my ignorance.

• Grope is super kool

concerning hans dulfer lps ... are they good ? and which one is the best ?
    candy clouds or morning after the third ? .... or maybe el saxofon (but the cover is so horrible) ?

• 3.[/b] Are there any[/b] good records on the selected sound label?!?!?

yes,

blue butterfly for one track (da bomb, mayne)
    action tension & space (go cop that one on eBay.de)
    the master said is great
    pipeline is great
    night drive is cool
    city calling is "OK"
    light & rhythmical backgrouns is great
    artistry in trumpets for "satan superstar"
    king size is "OK"

phasing drums and electronic sounds by g. trede

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Do you like Leaf Hound?

Don't know if they're German but they put out a record on the Telefunken label.

Pardon my ignorance.

the telefunken copy is a second pressing with less songs than the uk pressing.