recordstore in bayonne,nj never open

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
any headz in hear from " NJ "know about the record store in bayonne thats never open and there a sign on the door that says call for appointment?

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    any headz in hear from " NJ "know about the record store in bayonne thats never open and there a sign on the door that says call for appointment?

I know I'm thinking a little out of the box here, but I bet calling them for an appointment might clear things up for you.

• i did that and no response.i was checking to see if anyone has ever dealt with the owner before or knew anything about the store?.....thinking out the box is alittle to common............if a cat chokes on a dead rat,WHO KILLED THE CAT?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    i did that and no response.i was checking to see if anyone has ever dealt with the owner before or knew anything about the store?.....thinking out the box is alittle to common............if a cat chokes on a dead rat,WHO KILLED THE CAT?

What do you see when you peak through the window to the place? Is it worth breaking into?

• i did that and no response.i was checking to see if anyone has ever dealt with the owner before or knew anything about the store?.....thinking out the box is alittle to common............if a cat chokes on a dead rat,WHO KILLED THE CAT?

What do you see when you peak through the window to the place? Is it worth breaking into?

the window has a orange tint,cant really make some of the records out, it just raised my curiosity,i raid anyspot.you ever been there?

• Is that Dinosaur vinyl? Dudes an asshole.

cool then because he never returned my call,plus i hate dealing with
    those types

Is that Dinosaur vinyl? Dudes an asshole.

those types

He's probably one of those "doo-wop" guys.. A 50-something ego-maniac who spits on young kids who are NOT into Frankie Lymon.

There's a shop like this in Horsham, PA. Only open at odd hours of the day... 45s everywhere but he will not let you touch and power-trips like woah. He would not give me the time of day because I did not come armed with a wants list. Fuck that dude.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I know I'm thinking out of the box here, but have you tried a brick?

• He would not give me the time of day because I did not come armed with a wants list. Fuck that dude.

You should write the word "records" on a piece of paper really big then hand it to him. "That's REALLY what I'm after here, king doowop, is what I'm sayin".

He would not give me the time of day because I did not come armed with a wants list. Fuck that dude.

You should write the word "records" on a piece of paper really big then hand it to him. "That's REALLY what I'm after here, king doowop, is what I'm sayin".

Most of these "doo-wop" guys wear really fake looking rugs too.... and wear lots of gold. As long as they sell me the moder soul for cheap, I am cool.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    He would not give me the time of day because I did not come armed with a wants list. Fuck that dude.

Most of these "doo-wop" guys wear really fake looking rugs too.... and wear lots of gold. As long as they sell me the moder soul for cheap, I am cool.

Down here we have the "beach" guys instead of "doo-wop" guys.... sounds pretty similar though. They got all the 45s. They hate funk and disco and soul (they'll make and exception for the latter if it was a big crossover hit). Bad rugs, make their own hours, somewhat hateful...

• I know I'm thinking out of the box here, but have you tried a brick?

i hear you...

I know I'm thinking out of the box here, but have you tried a brick?

i hear you...

Brick , NJ

those types

He's probably one of those "doo-wop" guys.. A 50-something ego-maniac who spits on young kids who are NOT into Frankie Lymon.

There's a shop like this in Horsham, PA. Only open at odd hours of the day... 45s everywhere but he will not let you touch and power-trips like woah. He would not give me the time of day because I did not come armed with a wants list. Fuck that dude.

i only met one old dude who's down to earth,and he shits on country music which surprised the ish out of me for a man his age,in his store he has a "COLOR CODE PRICE CHART",and it doesnt even apply to his sales.after my third visit to his store he followed all around the store while i raided all his shelves and ask me why are you the only young who isnt into buying "50CENT",i laughed and said he a sham.thats when he jacked all prices on my purchase of YOUNG HAMILTON UNLIMITED with light my fire cover and asked how i knew about this album...wow,but all in all he was cool.

i hear you...

Brick , NJ

brick thru the window...

• I wouldn't sell no records to a Frankie Lymon HATTER either

i hear you...

Brick , NJ

No records in Brick, NJ (except mine...)