AKON vs T-Pain b/w PITBULL APPRECIATION

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
This past year I've notcied that the new go-to dudes for hooks is the man with the golden Vocoder, T-Pain, and or our boy from the Trini, Akon. I wanna how Soulstrut rates these two dudes: vs. but we need to respect the architect of sorta bad singin' but still can pull it offimg src="http://www.nate-dogg.org/wall_photos/photos_nate/Nate56.jpg"b/w APPRECIATE PITBULL! Everytime I see those green TVT sleeves in the used bin I always snatch 'em up and hope it's a Pitbull track I don't have. Little dudes maybe be on some "he makes the same song everytime" and frankly, they're right but my man does it so well. Shit, I've been running the Pitbull Rhythm for a few months when I play a club set:TOMACULOSHE'S FREAKYHIT THE FLOOR W/ TWISTATHE JOINT WITH THE GEORGE KRANZ BEATI think dude really is underappreciated as a master of the "club banger". And also as a Latino dude I have nobody to look to as a brown dude making moves in hip-hop (sorry I've barely heard any chingo bling) so I gotta ride for my man and maybe Aloe Blacc.

Comments

• Akon is from Africa

• Akon is from Africa

"My mom says there's a lotta black people in Africa."

• Akon is from Africa

Oh shit..that's right...SENEGAL!

Yo anyone have that Akon white label joint where's he singing over that Anthony Hamilton beat? Shit is kind of hot.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Akon is from Africa

We are all one.

Why you gotta come up in here and try to divide schitt?

But, yeah, he's from Senegal... and I think he's old enough to be my dad.

• Akon is from Africa

We are all one.

Is that some wishfull thinking? and who cares what dudes age is.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Akon is way better than TPain.
    I'm w you on Pitbull. I have a sneaking suspicion he votes republican, though.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    has pitbull released a bad single?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Akon is from Africa

We are all one.

Is that some wishfull thinking? and who cares what dudes age is.

Did I say it was a bad thing?

The fact that he's old enough to be your grandfather adds to his mystique.

• Akon is way better than TPain.
    I'm w you on Pitbull. I have a sneaking suspicion he votes republican, though.

Man, that's a great observation. I hate to say it but yeah he's down with Sabbadabba. I don't know man

Pitbull Gets Political On Sophomore Album El Mariel
    Tuesday - August 29, 2006

Miami bred Pitbull, who is the #1 Latin artist on Myspace, is gearing up to release his sophomore album, El Mariel on TVT Records. This time around, the agenda is more than just about getting "culo."

Pitbull is more preoccupied with preserving the image of his isla bonita, Cuba, and unmasking President George W. Bush's misguided war.

and

"I got peoples that suffered under him (Fidel Castro) and who risked their lives to get away from him and what he stands for, and they come here and have to see people like Mos Def wearing "Che Guevara" t-shirts on TV or have to listen to groups like Dead Prez supporting Castro and communism. Che Guevara was a murderer. Fidel Castro IS a murderer. These are the kind of people black militants idolize? All I know is they better not come to Miami talkin' that mess."

tough call.

BRIAN:

NEVER A BAD SINGLE! and yet dude still doesn't get the accolades he should. The blogosphere better jump on dude.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Everybody Get Up

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Everybody Get Up
    you know, i have that 12" and never bothered listening to it cos pretty ricky was on it

i like a good portion of akon's stuff in small doses

• has pitbull released a bad single?

Everybody Get Up
    you know, i have that 12" and never bothered listening to it cos pretty ricky was on it

i like a good portion of akon's stuff in small doses

It's dope and Pretty Ricky is barely on it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    bojangles never got enough love

• bojangles never got enough love

oh fuck...did i not mention that shit? DUDE! EVEN THE DUDE WHO'S DOING AN APPRECIATION POST DOESN'T APPRECIATE THE DUDE

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    And also as a Latino dude I have nobody to look to as a brown dude making moves in hip-hop (sorry I've barely heard any chingo bling) so I gotta ride for my man and maybe Aloe Blacc.

That's dope how you dissed Joey Crack right there.

• And also as a Latino dude I have nobody to look to as a brown dude making moves in hip-hop (sorry I've barely heard any chingo bling) so I gotta ride for my man and maybe Aloe Blacc.

That's dope how you dissed Joey Crack right there.

Pitbull makes music that I actually like....a lot.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    you put crack with the right beat and the right ghostwriter and it's on!
    always wonder what kind of shit joe had over the rest of d.i.t.c to make them let him join.