Brazilian Beats from this week

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Stand BackArrangements by Arthur Verocai with LANNY (Guitar) and Carlinhos (tumbadora) & backed by Jongo TrioOsmar Milito (piano, electric piano, organ), Ugo Marotta (arrangements, organ, synth), Lincoln Olivetti (oberheim), Sergio Barroso (bass), Nelson Serra (drums), Wilson das Neves, Hermes (percussion), Jos?? Carlos (acoustic + electric guitars), Mauricio Einhorn (harmonica), Roberto Quartin, Mauricio Duboc, Hedys Barroso, Alda Regina (chorus)Carlos Lyra (voice, guitar), Hugo Bellard (electric piano, moog, synthesizer, arrangements, regency), H??lio Belmiro and Luiz Claudio (guitar, electric guitar), Luiz??o (bass), Wilson das Neves and Paulinho Braga (drums), Hermes, Gilson, Peninha (rhythm, percussion)Joao DonatoArrangements by Rogerio Duprat, Luiz Arruda Paes and Jose BriamonteArrangementsd by Nelsinho & Dom Salvador.Arrangements by Geraldo Vespar

Comments

• You know its coming

• Arrangements by Arthur Verocai with LANNY (Guitar) and Carlinhos (tumbadora) & backed by Jongo Trio

Good version of Marcos Valle's 'Freio Aerodinamico', I used to play this out a lot...

Arrangements by Rogerio Duprat, Luiz Arruda Paes and Jose Briamonte

Does Paulo Nogueira have any other LPs? I thought this was kind of a one-tracker, but the title song is great. "Ten billion neurons" - samba about brain chemistry. I bought this during a rush shopping excursion in Itapoan and it took me a day or two to realize that it wasn't a Joao Nogueira LP...

• Osmar Milito (piano, electric piano, organ), Ugo Marotta (arrangements, organ, synth), Lincoln Olivetti (oberheim), Sergio Barroso (bass), Nelson Serra (drums), Wilson das Neves, Hermes (percussion), Jos?? Carlos (acoustic + electric guitars), Mauricio Einhorn (harmonica), Roberto Quartin, Mauricio Duboc, Hedys Barroso, Alda Regina (chorus)

You know, I've heard a fair amount from both musicians, but I've still never heard an Osmar Milito or Antonio Adolfo record that I could really get into. Schmaltz overload.

I need to check out that Carlos Lyra, that looks great.

Anyone have mp3s for Johnny Alf "Desbunde Total"?

• it took me a day or two to realize that it wasn't a Joao Nogueira LP...

I bought thinking the same thing.

• this one is the best Milito in my opinion

and this is also Milito

• Good version of Marcos Valle's 'Freio Aerodinamico', I used to play this out a lot...

SABADABADA, when are you posting the audio????

• Saba, can you elaborate on the Milito-Ben-Tabua connection?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Saba, can you elaborate on the Milito-Ben-Tabua connection?

Osmar Milito was one of the arrangers for Tabua de Esmeralda.

Peace

• Thanks Ed**n!

• Saba, can you elaborate on the Milito-Ben-Tabua connection?

Osmar Milito was one of the arrangers for Tabua de Esmeralda.

Peace

sorry not ignoring, just had to run out to get a present for my nwphew and niece.

I think it might even be quarteto em cy doing the back up vocals on tabua also.

• You know, I still don't have a copy of this... I've run into it four or five times, but it was always skated or overpriced.

Where's the li'l dude graemlin???

• A good Antonio Adolfo, other than Brazuca, is the Ruy Maurity LP "Safra '74". Adolfo plays on at least the opening track which is pretty hot. Its a good softrock, samba, psych record. When I was looking for a picture of the cover on google I discovered that Antonio Adolfo's full name is Antonio Adolfo Maurity and they are brothers.

Who'd a thunk.