Laptop Stand

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Not sure if this has been discussed already... I'm looking for a laptop stand to attach to my desk for maximum Microwave steez. Preferably something elevated over the back of the tables with an angled display. Anyone know of a good one? Anyone build one? I checked Office Depot and Fry's today with no luck.On a related note, I took Microwave out of the bedroom for the first time this past weekend. I DJ'd a pool party at my house for 4 hours and then immediately packed up to another house party in Berkeley for another 4 hours. Not a single problem and I was more mobile and on point than ever. Love it!

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    On a related note, I took Microwave out of the bedroom for the first time this past weekend. I DJ'd a pool party at my house for 4 hours and then immediately packed up to another house party in Berkeley for another 4 hours. Not a single problem and I was more mobile and on point than ever. Love it!

nice! anyone else having crash issues with 1.6.1? had two mishaps during drive time last weekend. thank god for back up wax.

• Not sure if this has been discussed already... I'm looking for a laptop stand to attach to my desk for maximum Microwave steez. Preferably something elevated over the back of the tables with an angled display. Anyone know of a good one? Anyone build one? I checked Office Depot and Fry's today with no luck.

On a related note, I took Microwave out of the bedroom for the first time this past weekend. I DJ'd a pool party at my house for 4 hours and then immediately packed up to another house party in Berkeley for another 4 hours. Not a single problem and I was more mobile and on point than ever. Love it!

word I just got microwave but yet to bring it out to the club. I have a un-related issue that maybe become a problem: My mac heats up and get's reallyfor some reason. Is this normal for MACS

ASER??!?!

• Not sure if this has been discussed already... I'm looking for a laptop stand to attach to my desk for maximum Microwave steez. Preferably something elevated over the back of the tables with an angled display. Anyone know of a good one? Anyone build one? I checked Office Depot and Fry's today with no luck.

http://www.Labcabin.com/dj_equipment/41/31/14504.html

• word I just got microwave but yet to bring it out to the club. I have a un-related issue that maybe become a problem: My mac heats up and get's reallyfor some reason. Is this normal for MACS

From what I've heard/seen, YES, especially with Powerbooks. You'll probably wanna get one of these:

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    It's the price you pay for the slim casing. The usb fan probably isn't necessary unless the crub you're in gets super duper hot. Putting it on a laptop stand will allow for passive cooling, which should be more than good enough.

Ayres might want to chime in here, I think he rocks the stands that LabcabinCalifornia sells. They look pretty sturdy to me, @ $99 a pop, which isn't cheap.

I can't link t_tlab urls anymore because of the cheeky filter thatn changes it to labcabincalifornia. Do a search on their site, it's on there....

ps; dl the latest software updates and firmware. I've heard reports of the new firmware cooling down the machines.

• I can't link t_tlab urls anymore because of the cheeky filter thatn changes it to labcabincalifornia. Do a search on their site, it's on there....

Ha... silly forum rewrites. Saw it on t_tlab, thanks.

• $99? Iv*n, DIY!

Yeah that seems excessive. I can use the one on t_tlab as the specs to build. Shouldn't be too difficult. A Home Depot trip it is. Thanks

• where are the faders?