90's Dancehall Headz Only!

2»

Comments

• parenparen 537 Posts
    heat heat heat. thanks dudes.

i could use the don dada (kenny dope mix) 

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Anyone remember Dj Dollar Fifty? He had huge track over a riddim where the beginning of Sly's "Family Affair" is just looped. Also Chaka Demus and Pliers had a version over this one. I had both on tape, listened to forever and lost it. Never heard both tracks again. Anyone knows this?

anyone has these tracks? there must be someone on this board!? they are from around 93. I need them badly, but don't know the names of the tracks anymore. the riddim is really sick though from what I remember...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I'm sorry. Didn't you all get the memo... Kenny is no longer allowed to use the name "Dope". Shit just ain't kosher aKa "Hip".

Streets R Watching...

Please stay tuned for the debut of his new nic name to be named at a later time.

Thank you

• Chaka Demus and Pliers - Mr. Mention

Chaka Demus and Pliers - Boom

Simpleton - Coco Cola Shape

Heavy D Super Cat And Frankie Paul Big and Ready

Zhigge - Rakin in the Dough

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    I'm sorry. Didn't you all get the memo... Kenny is no longer allowed to use the name "Dope". Shit just ain't kosher aKa "Hip".

Streets R Watching...

Please stay tuned for the debut of his new nic name to be named at a later time.

Thank you

i vote for Kenny Phat

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Thanks for the Twice Again pack R*ss, and sonofsam killed it with those acapellas!

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    oh shit! i've been looking for that lady g and the techniques forever. heard it once on the radio years ago and never heard or seen it since. it's as good as i remember it but it's also just reassuring to know that i'm not crazy and that it does in fact exist.
    yes there is other shit on that rhythm, though i can't think what the rhythm is actually called.

but by request here's a particularly nice one...

sanchez "lonliness"

this whole era of dancehall i tend to skip the deejaying and go straight for the singers. a lot of it's corny, but once in a while you get some smooth singer over some spare digital beat and they just hook it up. sanchez is definitely worth checking out in general if you like this kind of sound.

oh shit! i've been looking for that lady g and the techniques forever. heard it once on the radio years ago and never heard or seen it since. it's as good as i remember it but it's also just reassuring to know that i'm not crazy and that it does in fact exist.
    yes there is other shit on that rhythm, though i can't think what the rhythm is actually called.

A certain Soulstrutters got one up for sale on the bay.

Here

Thanks for the Twice Again pack R*ss, and sonofsam killed it with those acapellas!

big things a gwan tomorrow... this thread has inspired me to rip some acapellas i've been meaning to rip for over a year... i was going to do it tonight, but i got drunk at work... hold tight 'strut!

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Capleton "Number 1 pon de look good cart" (My favorite Caplton cut. Supercat style and absolute killer except for the not-very-good production/mastering)

Ninjaman & Horseman "Kill Them With It"

Ninjaman "New Gun Fi Bust"

Panhead "Punny Printer"

Capleton "Number 1 pon de look good cart" (My favorite Caplton cut. Supercat style and absolute killer except for the not-very-good production/mastering)

A fav of mine also. I should have that somewhere.

• oh shit! i've been looking for that lady g and the techniques forever. heard it once on the radio years ago and never heard or seen it since. it's as good as i remember it but it's also just reassuring to know that i'm not crazy and that it does in fact exist.

A certain Soulstrutters got one up for sale on the bay.

Here

And it's on a certain strutters mix (cough) cd (cough)

you can cop it here:
    www.myspace.com/djmeistro

or it will be on Turntable Lab soon...

• yo Meistro! that is a very good mix yall.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Capleton - No. 1 Pon The Look Good Chart

Jamalski - Jump Spread Out

Shaggy and Rayvon - Big Up

here's some more good shit, i think i have to fold my hand after this batch:

gregory isaacs & lady saw - night nurse 

ini kamoze - world a music (welcome to jamrock sample)

buju banton - stamina daddy 

buju banton - miss ready body 

buju banton - love black woman 

buju banton - boom bye bye 

• yo Meistro! that is a very good mix yall.

Thanks Paycheck!

Let's keep this thread going!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    lil vicious - the glock
    mad lion - take it easy
    mr. vegas - heads high
    supercat - dolly my baby remix
    supercat - girlstown sermon hop mix

This was my middle school reggae experience. 7th & 8th grade i was all over this.

A few years later i was all over the Til' Shiloh album by Buju.

• though this post was dead, but that that vibes house label just brought back some memories. one of those second or third tier labels that just had that rough chopped and screwed late night kind of sound. used to love it. haven't heard the beenie man, but i'll bet it's good. this one's on another obscure label but it catches that same mid 90s era of production...going back to a heavier early 80s bass driven sound but still coming out of a digital era. i forgot about this one...

devonte "war"

i have another one of wayne wonder just fucking it up on some one-off no name rhythm from the same era, but it's not in the right 45 box and right now i have no idea where it could be. shit, now i'm going to spend the rest of the night trying to find this shit...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I was feeling the Skadanks - Give Thanks CD back in the day: