What do you do when...

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
an ebay seller quotes you a postage price that is clearly insane?I told him to take it and stick it up his... well, you get the drift. I mean, I wanted the record, but I'm not paying US$16 for postage. It's just... against my religion.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    an ebay seller quotes you a postage price that is clearly insane?

I told him to take it and stick it up his... well, you get the drift. I mean, I wanted the record, but I'm not paying US$16 for postage. It's just... against my religion.

I tell him he's insane as well, and not bid. I

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It depends on the record. If I really wanted the record I might pay the $16.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah - i mean I do need it, but the price isn't exactly a steal, and the $16 just tips me towards 'no.'

• The best thing to do is agree to pay, and then when it arrives with its $10 stamp, go and make a big deal and get the guy to refund you...usually works.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    wheres the seller based? - thats close to the standard rate for postage from south america (i.e Brazil)

yeah i tried that. Dude got smart and said "tell you what, I'll waive the $16 if you come and pick it up."

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    yeah i tried that. Dude got smart and said "tell you what, I'll waive the $16 if you come and pick it up."

oh, so he's an asshole too??

Is this intercontinental?

wheres the seller based? - thats close to the standard rate for postage from south america (i.e Brazil)

US - and since I've been buying rekkids for some time, I am aware that US$10-12 is the price of sending a record to my country from the US.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Take up the dispute with Ebay and they'll tell him that he's being unreasonable and possibly suspend his ass if he's always doing it.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

and since I've been buying rekkids for some time, I am aware that US$10-12 is the price of sending a record to my country from the US.

I have had similar problems and i dont mind paying an extra dollar for freight but $16 is ridiculous. I send them a link to the USPS rates and charges page to let them know that i know how much it costs. If i can (and i sure you do it as well) I try to buy a few records from the same seller to save on freight.

• rates are going up. if he's packing it well, it could be a 2 lb package and that would run about $13-14 standard air mail letter post to australia and like $19 for parcel post. making $2 on shipping a record is hardly unheard of at ebay these days. tell him to quote you the usps global priority prices. its a slightly cheaper option for shit under i think 4 lbs.