Busta Rhymes Arrested, Charged With Assault

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Is Busta Rhymes the kind to get in to trouble and punch fans when they ask for an autograph? Crazy!Rapper Arraigned Sunday Morning; Next Court Date Oct. 24NEW YORK -- Rapper Busta Rhymes has been arrested and charged with third-degree assault -- a misdemeanor, according to NewsChannel 4.NewsChannel 4 said he was arraigned late Sunday morning and released on his own recognizance. His next court appearance, in criminal court, is Oct. 24.Few details about the arrest and the attack that prompted it were immediately available, said police officer Martin Speechley.The attack occurred about a week before the rapper's arrest, Speechley said.Representatives of the rapper, whose legal name is Trevor Smith, could not immediately be reached for comment. Messages left for Violator Management and for a lawyer who once represented him were not immediately returned.New York City police have wanted to interview Rhymes since the February shooting death of one of his bodyguards, Israel Ramirez.Ramirez, 29, was killed outside a Brooklyn studio where Rhymes was recording a music video.The performer and another bodyguard were sued the following month by a fan who said the two men beat him after he asked for the rapper's autograph.

Comments

• i can't believe i just wasted over 7 minutes of my life on that video.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    He got taken to the police station across from my apartment. Last night I was coming home around 2:00 and there were a bunch of paparazzi goon-types outside. I ask who they were waiting for and they told me. When I laughed one guy got really pissed.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    All I know is, that motherfucker got HUGE. I saw him at LAX and dude has been eating more than his Wheaties

• Dude is getting muscles in his forehead like Barry Bonds.

• i can't believe i just wasted over 7 minutes of my life on that video.

Yeah it's pretty much a waste of space. The comments on youtube are pretty hilarious too.
    He's getting some 'roid rage that's killing brain cells.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    roid
    rage

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

What are his numbers? Has he gone copper yet?

• Stay out of Busta's pockets and wont be no trouble.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I'm assuming that his numbers aren't really all that bad. Busta no matter what historically always sells pretty well.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I've been hearing "In The Ghetto" starting to get some major radio play.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ^^^His last one didn't even go top 40.

This one has already done better but I won't be surprised if it fell off hard after, er, 'opening weekend'

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

He's touching gold, but I doubt that the project has broken even with the amount of money that went into it.

I can't remember a rap album where the chatter by radio personlaities was so far out of line with the buzz at the popular level, which suggests to me that there was also a hefty "unofficial" promotional budget.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    W/ his new image - diesal and shaven, I would think he/they was shooting for platinum. Its now late Aug,and i dont hear/see nothin.

W/ his new image - diesal and shaven, I would think he/they was shooting for platinum. Its now late Aug,and i dont hear/see nothin.

He's definitely never seeing platinum again.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Cant he just get old and bitter and rail against new generations like a normal man his age?!?

Cant he just get old and bitter and rail against new generations like a normal man his age?!?

I thought that was what he was basically doing... except he is hedging his bets by also claiming to sell mass quantities of crack.

• Damm Busta needs to chill with the ROID Rage and join an angermanagement group.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    He should KEEP IT REAL and rap about steroid abuse.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Maybe I heard it wrong on the radio this morning but KDAY was reporting that they brought him in on those charges but, in truth, he was really brought in on question about Izzy Ramirez's shooting death for which he hasn't been cooperative.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Damm Busta needs to chill with the ROID Rage and join a hip-hop group.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Maybe I heard it wrong on the radio this morning but KDAY was reporting that they brought him in on those charges but, in truth, he was really brought in on question about Izzy Ramirez's shooting death for which he hasn't been cooperative.

Reading the surrounding articles of the recent news I would think this could be true...but isnt that an extreme measure? Ive read that he either attacked someone for spitting on his car or punched someone who asked for an autograph ??I think that maybe the questioning thing would be a better guess considering all the uncertainty. I didnt really know he was the violent type.