The thread about the Idlewild MOVIE.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Anybody else excited to see this? Most younger heads I know think musicals are corny, but Moms damn near raised me on 'em. (I am not ashamed to say that I can sing every lyric to Grease and a majority of Grease 2.) I'm a kid at heart. Watching people break into song and dance is just plain fun. I think a lot of people are just afraid to admit to liking it for whatever reason.Judging by the CD thread, it seems a lot of you are (sadly) not willing to grant clemency to Outkast these days. (Actually, judging by the board itself, it seems a lot of you are not willing to grant clemency to ANYBODY these days, regardless of their past contributions.) I, however, have nothing but respect for them. To make a movie that (seems to be) far from what's "expected" from rappers these days is a feat in itself, but to make that movie a musical takes both courage and wedontgiveafuckism.I'm really hoping that this movie will cause some younger hoLmeses to check out some ol' Gene Kelly and Busby Berkeley-type flicks. I'm not necessarily hoping for a resurgance of 'hood-themed musicals (T.I. in Tappin' & Trappin'!!!), I just hope this movie will help bridge the generation gap in some way. I might even take my Mom to see it.HermP.S. On a related note, I saw the Lion King play for the first time tonight. Shit was incredible. I can't even lie, I got a little teary-eyed when Mufasa died. I also teared up watching my goddaughter sit in awe during the dance scenes. Then smiled when she giggled at Timon and Pumba's actions.

Comments