recommend me some good Ultrafunk-styled tracks!

pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I really like Ultrafunks sound. Very blaxploitation styled. Does anyone know about similar songs or artist that is worth to check out?peace!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I really like Ultrafunks sound. Very blaxploitation styled. Does anyone know about similar songs or artist that is worth to check out?

peace!

Very blaxploitation styled[/b]

Let's think about this for a moment.

Okay, got it.

• I really like Ultrafunks sound. Very blaxploitation styled. Does anyone know about similar songs or artist that is worth to check out?

peace!

One of my favorite groups of all time. Make sure you have the 45 only version of "Sweet F.A." that is almost the same as the one on the LP, but a little slower, a rougher mix, and no strings. (if you need it, we can work something out - I have 4 copies) Both LPs are worth having.

As far as other bands, Badder Than Evil (from the Gordon's War OST) comes to mind,

"Spaced Out" by The Blackbyrds reminds me of them too.

Much of Betty Davis's stuff sounds like them, with loud clavinet and distorted wah guitar.

• I have a great Jamaican 45 that covers an Ultrafunk song. Totally sick.

• One of my favorite groups of all time. Make sure you have the 45 only version of "Sweet F.A." that is almost the same as the one on the LP, but a little slower, a rougher mix, and no strings. (if you need it, we can work something out - I have 4 copies) Both LPs are worth having.

As far as other bands, Badder Than Evil (from the Gordon's War OST) comes to mind,

"Spaced Out" by The Blackbyrds reminds me of them too.

Much of Betty Davis's stuff sounds like them, with loud clavinet and distorted wah guitar.
    Oh really? Didn't know that. Have to check out the 45 then. And yeah, spaced out is sick. Have to check out that Badder Than Evil too..
    My favourite is Gotham City Boogie. I love the strings on that song! Please hook me up with anything similar!

I have a great Jamaican 45 that covers an Ultrafunk song. Totally sick.
    INFO PLEASE!