newbie post....vinyl I scored on vacation

gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts
edited May 2005 in Record Collecting
Greetings, long time listener, first time caller. I dug this shit out of a used bookstore that reeked of cat piss.Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Greetings, long time listener, first time caller. I dug this shit out of a used bookstore that reeked of cat piss.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    that freddie hubbard is my favorite blue note cover. welcome.

• gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts
    Thanks. Yeah, thats one of my favorite Reid Miles covers too. classic.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    nice. you copped in pittsburgh?

Nah...I was in Jacksonville Fl. I can't say too much positive about Jville except for the weather and beaches. Its a total McCity.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    hmm. i'm in columbus, ga and i had seriously thought about going to jacksonville.

nobody is down with Heavey? Its a great hippie salad album.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

We're all over that record. File under dollar bin rock breaks.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    How I wish I had American dollarbins readily available...

- J

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Welcome!

Good finds there, esp. the Mayfield (one of my all-time favorites) and Lowrell LPs!

On a related note, I recently got the 7 inch single for "You're Playing Dirty" b/w "Out of Breath" and noticed that the mixes were markedly different from the LP versions and sounded REALLY off...kind of like the single was made for quadraphonic systems as opposed to regular stereo. Anyone else have this single?

SG

Greetings, long time listener, first time caller. I dug this shit out of a used bookstore that reeked of cat piss.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Nah...I was in Jacksonville Fl. I can't say too much positive about Jville except for the weather and beaches. Its a total McCity.

Welcome to Florida, friend!

"We're all over that record. File under dollar bin rock breaks."

I don't really look for breaks. I meant listing to the whole album and not just queuing up the audio nugets. Remeber you can still kick back and jam a whole side of an album for enjoyment.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Remeber you can still kick back and jam a whole side of an album for enjoyment.

No. BREAKS or the whole record is garbage... and it is NOT rare.

Remeber you can still kick back and jam a whole side of an album for enjoyment.

No. BREAKS or the whole record is garbage... and it is NOT rare.

What constitutes for what passes for rare varies. Its not what I consider rare, but its not Born in the USA either.

Why so combative? Is this site just all about da mad breakez?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    he's kidding

when I first started posting I made a thread that said "FINALLY!" cause I was all bonerfied about finding Songs of Experience. Good ol' Raj chimed in with "awww, I thought you found Cee Cee Penniston or something good."

It's all part of the welcoming committee homay. Don't trip.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    he's kidding

Shut the fuck up already.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    he's kidding

see?

I hope you're joking or you can kiss your bangs goodbye

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    he's kidding

see?

I hope you're joking or you can kiss your bangs goodbye

Hipster Haircuts are the new ironic hipster haircuts. The cylcle of irony has shrunk.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Hair isn't even cool on pussies any more. bald is beautiful!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Hair isn't even cool on pussies any more. bald is beautiful!

hahah, we got a funny guy here!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

in Memphis, the mop and chops are in a neck and neck

if ya ever wondered what kind of kid Jim Dandy would have, that's his daughter.

this dood actually has business cards printed up that say "rock star"..whatta dipshit.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    welcome!

i'm from jacksonville...used to be so great for digging but everytime i go back i end up with less records. what spot was this?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Hipster Haircuts are the new ironic hipster haircuts. The cylcle of irony has shrunk.

I've been starring at this line for 10 minutes now...these may be the wisest words these eyes have ever seen.

GOD BLESS YOU NATHAN!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

I've been starring at this line for 10 minutes now...these may be the wisest words these eyes have ever seen.

GOD BLESS YOU NATHAN!
    Are you being ironic?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

fuck yeah Heavy is the shit. Not rare, no, but fuckin hard kill-rock? yes

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

GOD BLESS YOU NATHAN!

Are you being ironic?

no, I'm taking the emmaciated shag path to hipsterdom, the ironic mode is much too "east coast" for me

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'm headed to Jax, Fla next friday. What's the book store you copped these from?

I'm headed to Jax, Fla next friday. What's the book store you copped these from?

Attn: crazypoprock

All booked up. Its the only place I was able to find with used vinyl. Its like looking for records in somebodys basement. If you guys from jville know of any other spots, let me know.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    appreciated.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    never heard of all booked up...what part of town is this?

the best spot in town last time i was there was this spot in springfield...just outside of downtown...i think it's on main st...it's in the phone book. it's basically all soul/funk/disco/hip-hop/reggae/calypso.