GOT QUESTIONS FOR A JOSH DAVIS INTERVIEW ????

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Hi, as some might know my job is to interview musicians. Now I know Josh is a loved person on this board, no homo and no pun intended, so I thought of giving you the chacne to come up with some questions you allways wanted to know.Please, do your jokes, but I am serious about this so if your just joking I wont use those questions.I saw those URB pictures too so no Dracula quesions please.PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Who the hell is Josh Davies?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ask him if he's a Soulstrut lurker! and what he thinks of Soulstrut.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Who the hell is Josh Davies?

Thats the little brother of DJ Shadow, he made a LP out of extraterestrial noises, Sun Ra style.

Peace my friend
    Hawkeye

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    obvious, but you cant forget this... ask what he thinks about the lefties cover of organ donor.

Is that the same doom who can play midi files at his work ???

Whatever, of course I'll aski him, maybe I'll take a extra 45 with me to give him one and film him with it, than we gonna make a commercial out of it.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• Ask him what his favorite ebay find has been this year.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    his favourite male groupie dj story (no homo)

He must have a whole lot of "joshies" on his dick I reckon...and that lefties 45 question is a good idea too

• Ok seriously, ask him about future releases and plans for the Cali-tex label

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    1.Was endtroducing a fluke?

2.Over the course of time and similar to most politicians the quality of your produced output has only deteriorated.
    I find it more refined[read comercial] and less "experimental " and " less ambient and haunting" care to comment?

3.Should Little Jon be forced to get a haircut and stop screaming all the time and have his jaw wired shut for claiming or promoting Hyphy?

4.Any plans to collaborate with david Axelrod ?

5.Josh:when you sample words like "motherfucker" "Sucker" and other profanity does it give you the douchechills and make you feel like a badass ghetto mofo as you listen to playback on the big sophet speakers and the nearfield monitors when you are mixing/mastering another world class backpacker anthem?

6.Josh: Does Hip Hop Still Suck In 2006?

7.Will you EVER embrace DILDO in a professional environment?

8.As one of the world's foremost Funk 45 collectros on the planet should Dante and James Trouble be forced to play a charity gig in Lebanon together in a unilateral atempt at demonstrotive sociolgical unification for peace and harmony which is in of itself a microcosm of the Clash Of Civilizations and general Unrest in the middle east?

9.When are you going to learn how to play guitar?

10. What are the last 5 non hip hop records you bought?

ps: ever sample mercyful fate?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

1.Was endtroducing a fluke?

2.Over the course of time and similar to most politicians the quality of your produced output has only deteriorated.
    I find it more refined[read comercial] and less "experimental " and " less ambient and haunting" care to comment?

3.Should Little Jon be forced to get a haircut and stop screaming all the time and have his jaw wired shut for claiming or promoting Hyphy?

4.Any plans to collaborate with david Axelrod ?

5.Josh:when you sample words like "motherfucker" does it give you the douchechills and make you feel like a badass ghetto mofo as you listen to playback on the big sophet speakers and the nearfeilds when you are mixing another world class backpacker anthem?

6.Josh: Does Hip Hop Still Suck In 2006?

7.Will you EVER embrace DILDO in a professional environment?

8.As one of the world's foremost Funk 45 collectros on the planet should Dante and James Trouble be forced to play a charity gig in Lebanon together in a unilateral atempt at demonstrotive sociolgical unification for peace and harmony which is in of itself a microcosm of the Clash Of Civilizations and general Unrest in the middle east?

9.When are you going to learn how to play guitar?

10. What are the last 5 non hip hop records you bought?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    What's up with Kasabian guesting on your new record?

After spending almost a week with the album, I think it's about time you gave a little thought to getting an outside producer in on your next joint. Trying your hand at current-sounding Yay Area beats is an admirable idea, as is putting a little more of the focus on rappers. Those tracks aren't really hittin', though. Why not give Rick Rock a call?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    1. You have released some music by high school bands. High school bands have covered your work. Would you ever work in the cafeteria at high school, if given the opportunity, "Rollin' With Kid 'N Play" style?

2. Will you ever revive the Bongo Maniac Battle again?

3. I've been looking for your tape that was reviewed in "Unsigned Hype" 15 years ago? How come no one has bootlegged that yet?

4. Did you ever meet up with Bob Wood (in reference to my "Bob Sandwich" reference from that online chat you did years ago)?

5. Considering the climate of today's music industry, do you think it's time to revive the Gutfest?

6. I would not mind doing some liner notes for one of your future projects, but I'm sure O-Dub and Egon already beat me to it. Am I able to caption postcard inserts?

7. Have you ever revived with Vivarin?

8. Some people call themselves "The Black Bill Gates". What do you call yourself?

9. How many times did the Batmobile catch a flat?

10. You once claimed that "You Can't Go Home Again". In your music, what do you think you've left behind, and will there be a time when you feel comfortable enough to say "I'm home"?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    He did answer that Lefties cover question already in another interview.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

I don't know what Lefties are.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

What did he say?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    for real... "who is motorcycle john?"

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

paging Olski...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

WOW! Best question EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    ask him why I was left out of the picture of us digging on the endtroducing picture art!

• ask him why I was left out of the picture of us digging on the endtroducing picture art!

OH _ SNAP _ !

Ask him if he remembers every private record he has bought or if he has unknowingly purchased a record twice.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    ax him about why he gets shit taken off ebay for "sampling" his name without "clearance"

• why didn't he call Keak 5 years ago?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Ask him if the coffin he sleeps in during sunlight hours is pinewood or oak.

I'm betting oak.

• 8.As one of the world's foremost Funk 45 collectros on the planet should Dante and James Trouble be forced to play a charity gig in Lebanon together in a unilateral atempt at demonstrotive sociolgical unification for peace and harmony which is in of itself a microcosm of the Clash Of Civilizations and general Unrest in the middle east?

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    Is that the same doom who can play midi files at his work ???

its that doom! real s can play midi files at work.

OK guys, I will use some of these questions, if you got more nerd questions please feel free to inform me, the obvoius ones I know already, give me the nerd questions.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    If you could get one group/artist that you sampled back together for a reunion show, which one would it be.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    As a funk collector, I challenge him to find a funk record made in either Alberta, Canada or Saskatchewan, Canada.

Soul (northern or otherwise) does not count.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Ask him to move from a rick rock disciple to a swizz beats disciple.