i got married this weekend

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
we walked down the isle to this: Syreeta - I Love Every Little Thing About Youhttp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D175513B1DD595EFour first dance was: Chris Montez - The More I See Youhttp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9BB80A00772D3976We also walked from the ceremony to the reception with a boombox blasting Missy Elliot's "Work It", the wife wanted "Pussycat" but i didn't think that would fly with some of the older folks.marriage is pretty cool, i just need to get used to this ring

Comments

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    All the best to you and the wife... marriage is great...

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    congrats!

i've been married for 4 years, and i'm still not used to the ring

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

congrats !@

• Congratulations !!!

• All the best to you and the wife... marriage is great...

• Congrats, man. Gettin' hitched on 9/16...thanks for blazin' the trail.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Congratulations !!!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    congrats! newly wed myself. i've almost lost my damn ring so many times since july 15th. she walked to coltrane's "in a sentimental mood". marriage is

wish you both the best.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Congratulations !!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Big ups

The best part about getting married is not having to plan a wedding anymore.

• Congratulations!!

May the future bring you and your wife
    much happiness.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Congrats! I got used to my ring after a year.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    mazel.

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    Congratulations!

My wife and I just celebrated our two-year anniversary July 31. And yes, marriage is great, not perfect all the time, but great nonetheless.

It took me about a week to get used to my ring. If for some reason I step out without it, I feel naked (or rather, similar to when you forget to bring your cell with you). I still fiddle with my ring, too. Bad habit.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Congratulations !!!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Congratulations - nice music choice; I think I can only plan the music for my funeral now. Unless I get married again... 7 years in and it's still good.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    we walked down the isle to this: Syreeta - I Love Every Little Thing About You
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D175513B1DD595EF

our first dance was: Chris Montez - The More I See You
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9BB80A00772D3976

We also walked from the ceremony to the reception with a boombox blasting Missy Elliot's "Work It", the wife wanted "Pussycat" but i didn't think that would fly with some of the older folks.

marriage is pretty cool, i just need to get used to this ring

Congratulations. Cool music choices, too. Stevie's o.g. of "I Love Every Little Thing About You" is earmarked for the "down the aisle" spot at mine & my girl's wedding (when we finally name the date). Good luck for the future.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    congrats doggie, good luck!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I still fiddle with my ring, too. Bad habit.

Congratulations by the way TheBeatGoes, very nice choice of songs. Maybe it'll inspire me and my girl to end the longest engagement in europe and tie the knot.

• We went and bought rings in May, and when they asked me what I wanted, I just said, "Something I can lose..." Way too fidgety and neurotic to be fuckin' with anything too nice.

Got a white gold band. $97. Lady said if I can keep it a year, she'll upgrade me for the anniversary.

• Dear Soulstrut,

thanks for all the love and support, i'm still floating from this weekend.

oh and a tip for the people looking to get married, register on amazon.com that way you can ad CDs/DVDs to the usual sheets/plates/towels that you will have to ask for. i got the 2nd volume of the stax box set and a gameboy DS lite on the way

peace & love

• sindiansindian 68 Posts

oh and a tip for the people looking to get married, register on amazon.com that way you can ad CDs/DVDs to the usual sheets/plates/towels that you will have to ask for. i got the 2nd volume of the stax box set and a gameboy DS lite on the way

Congrats, man. I was telling my fiancee that we should register on amazon.com, so we can get a few things we'll actually enjoy (like CDs/DVDs). She didn't think it was cool to put non-housewarming type stuff on there. Now, I can tell her that I know of at least one person who's asked for other stuff. Thanks.