MOST COMMON RECORD! (What Do You See The Most?)

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
This has probably been done on the strut before (x100) but I thought it would be fun...In Vancouver this is what I see the most (up to 30 copies in one location!). What is the most common in your location?Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us...and of course

Comments

• Options
    King Sporty's "thinkg of You"....which is a dope tune.

K in Toronto.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    There is a one sided Kid's 45 from the Dallas area called "Muley, The One Eared Mule" that I have seen more than any other record ever.....would love to know how it was distributed!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Brick-Good High

• well i've been diggin' for nearly 20 years now and the only record i've seen 100% everytime i've shopped for records is this one here:

peace, stein. . .

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    lol!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    well i've been diggin' for nearly 20 years now and the only record i've seen 100% everytime i've shopped for records is this one here:

Vaughn Meader had a First Family, Vol. 2 and I never see that one, but this album shown here will never go away (and it's on CD, too)!

Also:
    Tapestry-Carole King
    No Secrets-Carly "Homina Homina" Simon
    any Dora Hall 45

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    from Wikipedia:

According to several sources, Avant-garde comedian Lenny Bruce appeared at a New York nightclub only days after Kennedy's assassination. As if testing his audience's readiness to find something funny so soon after tragedy, Bruce was silent for several moments before announcing, "Vaughn Meader is screwed!

from Wikipedia:

According to several sources, Avant-garde comedian Lenny Bruce appeared at a New York nightclub only days after Kennedy's assassination. As if testing his audience's readiness to find something funny so soon after tragedy, Bruce was silent for several moments before announcing, "Vaughn Meader is screwed!

Unfortunately, that was true. After 11/22/63, sales slowed down on those First Family albums so much that Cadence Records was forced to delete it.

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    Can we change the theme of this thread to most common LOCAL record you see?

For me it's this local legend:

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    from Wikipedia:

Unfortunately, that was true. After 11/22/63, sales slowed down on those First Family albums so much that Cadence Records was forced to delete it.

...but not before shipping their remaing stock of 45,678,893,234 copies to every discount reatailer in the country on a "no returns" basis!!!!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Fuck Stein said it best. I've seen the shit everyday for the last 25 years! Also, Firestone X-Mas. How many copies of that were pressed? Damn.

from Wikipedia:

...but not before shipping their remaing stock of 45,678,893,234 copies to every discount reatailer in the country on a "no returns" basis!!!!

Heh, heh - I thought all them used copies you see were just from Middle America dumping all their copies all at once!!

Can we change the theme of this thread to most common LOCAL record you see?

No offense, but I wanna keep marinatin' on just common records IN GENERAL, even though the topic may be played out!

Although if that's where you wanna take it, here in Chicago it's ridiculously easy to find vinyl by 1970's folksinger Bonnie Koloc (who is still gigging around town on occasion).

Especially her albums on the "compatible quad" Ovation label.

• puppup 133 Posts

... or at least that was the case when I lived in the Bay Area. Now that I am in LA I feel like I see more of this....

but when I lived in Chicago, it was more like this...

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    can't forget

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

but when I lived in Chicago, it was more like this...

I wish I found Shalamar dollarbin joints...Second Time Around is GOAT.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I see that every time. Have you ever wanted to just buy up all the copies of some of these records just so nobody has to look at them anymore. I'd have a few 1000 Zamfirs for sure, it'd be fun to throw them at a brick wall and watch them shatter into pieces.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

stein's definitely got it.

for a second i considered herb alpert

but in the end Vaughn Meader wins no contest.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    amen brotha

did you trade the Seaquence? holla

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Amsterdam = anything by Jim Reeves, swear to god i have encountered over 10 different crappy Jim Reeves albums in one crate. its like the his fanclub disbanded and sent all their wares to the unsuspecting Dutch.

Lotta Streisand too... whole lotta Streisand.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    from Wikipedia:

Unfortunately, that was true. After 11/22/63, sales slowed down on those First Family albums so much that Cadence Records was forced to delete it.[/b]

THAT MEANS IT'S RARE! Scoop 'em up now!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    No thrift store is complete without almost an entire section of this:

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Tapestry-Carole King

definitely this one. First family is up there though.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

Some french record hunters just stop hunting because of seeing this shit much too much... I can testify its oppulence can be discouraging.

• For Aussie Diggers Kamahl with continue to haunt us and its pretty hard to avoid James Last

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

i know a shop in New Hope, PA that sells these for $20 a pop. They have a sign on their door that reads, "Unattended Children Will Be Sold As Slaves". They do have some interesting overpriced vintage stuff in there.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    also...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    also: