"Something You Got" versions

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
this is one of those songs that must have hundreds of versions, list some of your top ones here and feel free to leave mp3 samples.not but right now i'm enjoying Bobby Womack one (off Safety Zone) and the JR. Walker & The All Stars live one.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The best I can remember at the mo:

Chuck Jackson
    Alvin Robinson

• rawyouthrawyouth 112 Posts
    There are two Chuck Jackson versions, a solo one, and a duet with Maxine Brown. The duet is amazing, an all-time fave (sampled by the Beatnuts as well!)

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    There are two Chuck Jackson versions, a solo one, and a duet with Maxine Brown. The duet is amazing, an all-time fave (sampled by the Beatnuts as well!)

agreed, the duet is

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts

agreed, the duet is

here it is for those who don't have A HREF="http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=CB6A934D7C349D0A">here/A>

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Are the main lyrics switched up (aside from the little Chuck / Maxine rap, obviously) in the other versions?

I was about to ask about the other versions because the song only seems like a duet kind of song to me. Anyone have the Chuck Jackson solo version on MP3?

Also, i was just given a 2nd chance offer for a handful of Chuck Jackson 45s from an auction i lost two days ago. 8 bucks or so takes them and Something You Got is one of them. i'd do it but i spent a bunch of money this weekend and crossed that (i know, all 8 dollars of it) off my list.

Anyone interested hit me on the PM.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I enjoy Them's version.

• Ummmmm.... Chris Kenner?

Barbara George
    Wilson Pickett

and this is pretty funky...