Jackie Chan bumrushes O-Dub (pics inside)

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
OK, not really, but it looks like someone photoshopped his head onto that dude.Drunk Jackie Chan interrupts Concert[/b]Action star Jackie Chan reportedly leaped on stage during a concert in his native Hong Kong while under the influence of alcohol.The actor had been invited to attend the performance by Taiwanese singer/songwriter Jonathan Lee on Sunday by the singer himself, but unexpectedly took to the stage and disrupted the show by hurling insults at the crowd, reports the Ming Pao Daily News.The newspaper claims Chan told the crowd he was drunk and wanted to sing a duet with Lee.The star also attempted to conduct the band, but only managed to start and stop them several times.Chan's spokesman, Solon So, has refused to comment.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Where's that "Oh Snap" gif when I need it?

OK, not really, but it looks like someone photoshopped his head onto that dude.

Drunk Jackie Chan interrupts Concert[/b]

Action star Jackie Chan reportedly leaped on stage during a concert in his native Hong Kong while under the influence of alcohol.

The actor had been invited to attend the performance by Taiwanese singer/songwriter Jonathan Lee on Sunday by the singer himself, but unexpectedly took to the stage and disrupted the show by hurling insults at the crowd, reports the Ming Pao Daily News.

The newspaper claims Chan told the crowd he was drunk and wanted to sing a duet with Lee.

The star also attempted to conduct the band, but only managed to start and stop them several times.

Chan's spokesman, Solon So, has refused to comment.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• That's not O-Dub:

This is O-Dub:

That's not O-Dub:

This is O-Dub:

Damn that Junichi and his photoshop skillz.

Batches, this is me:

Don't get it twizzled.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Have people really gotten you and Jeff Chang mixed up?

Perhaps you should hand them your glasses next time.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    That's not O-Dub:

This is O-Dub:

Damn that Junichi and his photoshop skillz.

Batches, this is me:

Don't get it twizzled.

you could never look as hard as Jeff, O. Where's your B+ portrait anyway?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Don't get it twizzled.

Have people really gotten you and Jeff Chang mixed up?

Perhaps you should hand them your glasses next time.

Dude, YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW OFTEN IT HAS HAPPENED.

That whole "Asian people look all the same" shit is some realness when it comes to Jeff and I. Jeff was recently at a show where a woman came up to him and was trying to chat him up on some, "oh yeah, we met at Antioch College back in March, remember?" and Jeff got hella confused since he's never been there and suddenly it dawned on him that she was thinking of me since I, indeed, had been at Antioch for a panel back in March.

At a conference in Seattle, this book agent thought I was Jeff and was introducing me to his daughter as, "oh honey, this is Jeff Chang - he wrote 'Can't Stop, Won't Stop'." When I corrected his ass, it was . Awkward!

• That's not O-dub:

That's Chairman Hsulu.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    That's not O-dub:

That's Chairman Hsulu.

Naw naw...James Tai, DUDE!

you could never look as hard as Jeff, O.

Au contraire mon frier.

you could never look as hard as Jeff, O.

Au contraire mon frier.

• you could never look as hard as Jeff, O.

Au contraire mon frier frere-jones.

Don't get it twizzled.

AAAAAAAAH! That is hilarious and disturbing.

man, where's that picture of that little kid who was on T.V. who looked like "o-dub"?

Au contraire mon frier frere-jones.

That would be "male writers often confused as being women based on their names".

To which Chairman Hsulu would belong as well.

For the record: I've never been confused for James Tai or Hua but the Jurassic 5's manager (at least back in the late '90s) apparently confused an Asian photographer for me.

to give some indication of O-Dub's age, this pic was taken in Midtown Manhattan.

to give some indication of O-Dub's age, this pic was taken in Midtown Manhattan.

of:

Though, in all seriousness, from what I've heard, all the land towards the hills in back of me is now developed.

Solana Vista, CA, stand up!

Jurassic 5's manager (at least back in the late '90s) apparently confused an Asian photographer for me.

In his defense:

http://o-dub.com/photos/

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's not O-dub:

That's Chairman Hsulu.

I almost spit my drink out laughing.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this thread makes me smile

i wanna see o-dub vs. his lil correspondent brother on the news

the debate will be whether or not all asians look alike

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Ha! Pre-grid days no doubt.

Well, Oliver and Jonathan Lee certainly have that seperated-at-birth / conjoined twins thing going on.
    And I thought I knew my HK pop culture. Who the fuck is "Jonathan Lee" anyway?
    Hell, for a minute I was like, "who is that guy standing next to O-Dub??"

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    That's not O-Dub:

This is O-Dub:

Dude at the top is clearly shig.
    Example A: drunk with microphone.
    CASE CLO SED.

this thread makes me smile

i wanna see o-dub vs. his lil correspondent brother on the news

YES!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

what is brilliant about junichi's photoshop job is that is also makes it seem that oliver can't dance

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    makes it seem that oliver can't dance

you crazy? here he is describing how he dances to "Laffy Taffy":

With this kind of track, it just feels like you should hunch your shoulders in, get the neck snapping, some fists shaking. In the club though, I just imagine dudes jumping, shaking their fist in the air or twirling a t-shirt.

I, for one, am not ready.

what is brilliant about junichi's photoshop job is that is also makes it seem that oliver can't dance

And that it looks like his date is the 10th grade Honors English teacher.

Can I get a little background on that photo, btw?

And that it looks like his date is the 10th grade Honors English teacher.

I think the plant's artificial.
    *groan*

You'd have to ask Junichi - my guess is that he google-d for "prom picture" and came up with the pink background photo. My head was from another google-able picture and he inverted it so that it faced the right direction and then spliced it on...quite well I might add.

In truth, my actual prom picture, from what I recall, was not necessarily a huge improvement given that I had atrocious glasses that had dipped down on my nose so that they looked crooked PLUS a mouth full of braces.

personified.

Luckily, I grew out of that awkward phase and into this.

As to address Ms. Damn's point: I got dancing skillz from Pasadena to Medina. Of course, most of them are '80s/90s era moves like the Running Man and Kid N' Play.