People walking up or down mechanical stairs?

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

I think it's ridiculously hilarious that people get mad at folks who stand on moving sidewalks if there is a walkway next to it. Go dumb.

of course not
    moving sidewalks & mechanical stairs
    (the ones built wide enough for 2 people + located in heavy traffic areas)
    almost always have signs/instructions to "please" stand to the right
    lazy people ignore these

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    What's with fat people driving carts around anyways?

it's really bad when you see them with a bag of snacks in their lap

Supermarket classic right there. I always feel like throwing tuna cans at them and then run.

How do these people push shopping carts? Or do they just cruise around and eat treats right off the shelf?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    What's with fat people driving carts around anyways?

it's really bad when you see them with a bag of snacks in their lap

Supermarket classic right there. I always feel like throwing tuna cans at them and then run.

How do these people push shopping carts? Or do they just cruise around and eat treats right off the shelf?

No man, the carts I'm talking about have a canister on the front.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I need one of these for fleamarket diggin.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    34 replies and nobody has questioned this:

mechanical stairs

You victorian, doggie?

I bet you call an automobile "thee horseless carriage" too!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    No man, the carts I'm talking about have a canister on the front.

But that's not really big enough to hold a lot of groceries is it? Especially the amount of food these people consume.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I bet you call a car an automobile

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

You victorian, doggie?

No, I'm argentinian

In spanish: "escaleras mecanicas" = "mechanical stairs".

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

You victorian, doggie?

No, I'm argentinian

in vietnamese, the word record is đĩa h??t which literally translates to "singing plate"

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    the difference in walking or running up and riding up would have probably been about 10 - 15 seconds at the most

Yes, but if there is a train about to leave the platform those extra 10 seconds could save you 10 mins.

This is why the Toronto subways have signs on the escalator that say "walk left, stand right".

Of all the things that are argued on here that are totally pointless, this one might take the cake.

C'mon. If you don't want to walk, that's fine. But, that doesn't mean you get to impose that on people who don't agree with you. That is the epitome of

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

You victorian, doggie?

No, I'm argentinian

in vietnamese, the word record is đĩa h??t which literally translates to "singing plate"

It's the same in Cantonese: cheung d??p.

File under: All you Asian [literal translations into English] look sound alike!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    C'mon. If you don't want to walk, that's fine. But, that doesn't mean you get to impose that on people who don't agree with you. That is the epitome of

Let's all move on shall we.

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    i like to walk backwards at the same speed as the stairs so i can go, i moving but i'm not moving whoooooo...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    i like to walk backwards at the same speed as the stairs so i can go, i moving but i'm not moving whoooooo...

You just invented the moonwalk!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    yeah, it's the "excuse me" thing that drives me mad.

The left side of escalators are for walking, the right side for standing. Recognize!

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    in general in the UK we tend not to push unless there's a fire...we just love cueing not matter where it is...

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    in general in the UK we tend not to push unless there's a fire...we just love cueing not matter where it is...
    I got a big kick out of my friend's story about going to bars in Japan where the people patiently queue up to order their drinks.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    the difference in walking or running up and riding up would have probably been about 10 - 15 seconds at the most

Yes, but if there is a train about to leave the platform those extra 10 seconds could save you 10 mins.

This is why the Toronto subways have signs on the escalator that say "walk left, stand right".

Of all the things that are argued on here that are totally pointless, this one might take the cake.

I'm not trying to impose shit on anybody. I'm calmly standing still on a electro-mechanical device designed to elevate people. If you refuse to get elevated or feel the need to demonstrate your active lifestyle by walking for 5 secs on an escalator, that is your fucking problem, not mine.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    If you refuse to get elevated or feel the need to demonstrate your active lifestyle by walking for 5 secs on an escalator, that is your fucking problem, not mine.

NAGL.

Some people are in a hurry (who cares why), so just move to the side. Is it really that hard guy?

Stop whining.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    If you refuse to get elevated or feel the need to demonstrate your active lifestyle by walking for 5 secs on an escalator, that is your fucking problem, not mine.

NAGL.

Some people are in a hurry (who cares why), so just move to the side. Is it really that hard guy?

Stop whining.

Shut up, Pony. I won't move, you are not an ambulance.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Here in NYC everyone is in a hurry or at least needs to be somewhere soon. We understand that in other parts of the world, you just want to take it easy, feel the vibe, smell the roses, take in the sights... but we kindly ask that you not block the entire width of the sidewalk while doing so.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Shut up, Pony. I won't move, you are not an ambulance.

When did I ever say that I run up escalators? Letting people pass is just the right thing to do.

If you had to pee REALLY bad would you run up an escalator? You would so just shush!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    this thread is pure

carry on...

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    As a kid I saw an old granny fall over while on the ahem 'mechanical stairs' and get her hair caught in them, I'll never forget her scream as she got closer to the top, till my dad bashed the stop button, and ran up and help her. They had to cut her hair to get her free though.

Standing on the left is the definition of 'having no conception of the fact there are other people in the world' that or tourist. This is usually compounded on the tube by tourists not knowing how to put their ticket in the machine to open the barriers....HOW HARD CAN IT BE....

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Standing on the left is the definition of 'having no conception of the fact there are other people in the world' that or tourist.

Oh really? Excuse me, I didn't see the lanes painted on the steps. Oh wait, that's because this isn't a fucking highway.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Standing on the left is the definition of 'having no conception of the fact there are other people in the world' that or tourist.

Oh really? Excuse me, I didn't see the lanes painted on the steps. Oh wait, that's because this isn't a fucking highway.

DILES PORQUE ESTAS ENOJADO!

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts

Did you see 99% of all the other people standing to the right though? Wouldn't this have given you some kind of clue? Why all the aggression, this is not that serious a thread.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Did you see 99% of all the other people standing to the right though? Wouldn't this have given you some kind of clue? Why all the aggression, this is not that serious a thread.

Well, this happen to be my fuckin thread so I can make it as aggresive as I want. I'm a very aggresive individual. I don't care what 99% of the people does, millions of flies like to eat shit, does that mean shit is tasty? I don't think so.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

DILES PORQUE ESTAS ENOJADO!

estas enojado, perrito? Estaria bueno tener graemlins subtitulados en espa??ol.