DJ XXXL - Nippon Breaks & Beats (MURO)

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
This CD is hot to death. Contains some of the rarest joints from Japan. TOP QUALITY stuff. I believe Big Chan knows where you can get this CD in the states. Japan heads can head over to Muro's store, SAVAGE! in Shibuya and get a copy. While you're there pick up the Paul Nice & Muro CD (they didn't have any copys when I went to the store).I'm missing a few songs to complete the tracklisting of the XXXL mix. Some of them, I know I have the records 100% (the ones with the *) and most of the other the tracks are familiar but can't remember what the hell they are. Anyone else with this mix that knows these track #s, it would be appreciated! (bboyparkz and Funky_Mimizu, I'm lookin' at you!)peace.5781121*2426*29*41434450515254

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This CD is hot to death. Contains some of the rarest joints from Japan. TOP QUALITY stuff. I believe Big Chan knows where you can get this CD in the states. Japan heads can head over to Muro's store, SAVAGE! in Shibuya and get a copy. While you're there pick up the Paul Nice & Muro CD (they didn't have any copys when I went to the store).

I'm missing a few songs to complete the tracklisting of the XXXL mix. Some of them, I know I have the records 100% (the ones with the *) and most of the other the tracks are familiar but can't remember what the hell they are. Anyone else with this mix that knows these track #s, it would be appreciated! (bboyparkz and Funky_Mimizu, I'm lookin' at you!)

peace.

21*
    26*
    29*
    That mix is fire!

I got mine from J. Paycheck (I'm not sure if he still have some at Good Records.)

There's one track that's melting the flesh off of my face. That's the last track on this mix.

Is it from this guy...

If so, I need to get my paper up and get that schitt.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

There's one track that's melting the flesh off of my face. That's the last track on this mix.

The last track is off a THREE BLIND MICE record. I'll look it up and post the title later.

peace.

The last track is off a THREE BLIND MICE record. I'll look it up and post the title later.

peace.
    Word up. That track is quite thorough.

Any information on that Fred Johnson album? The album cover is hard!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

It's a P-VINE re-issue.

from DUSTY GROOVE;

Fred's a very hip singer with a really contemporary vibe -- working here in a mid 80s live set recorded at a small Florida club, done in a warmly mellow style that resonates with some of our favorite indie vocal sets from the 70s! There's a laidback and jazzy feel to most of the tracks here, with support from a combo that includes great piano from Kamau Kenyatta -- and Fred's vocals have a certain blend of soul and jazz that's very nice, especially on the mellower tunes, which he really inflects with a wonderful edge. The standout cut here is the tight groover "Song Of No Regrets" -- penned by pianist Kenyatta, and done with a rolling bassline that makes the tune a real jazz dance favorite! Other tracks are more familiar, but still done in nicely soulful versions -- and titles include "On A Clear Day", "Bridges", "Song Of No Regrets", "Summertime", and "Hidden Treasures".

I'll guess I'll get the re-issue!

Thanks for the info, B**.

-M

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    For Europe it's 17.45??? / 22.25$ off the Bay, anywhere i can get a cheaper copy ?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    You can get the CD for $12.00 USD with free shipping in the U.S.
    Get the CD from the hommies at BBP!

www.bbpbx.com

The CD is on the bottom of the first products page with the ill t-shirts:

http://www.bbpbx.com/products.html

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

peace.
    Word up. That track is quite thorough.

that Fred Johnson record goes for like $800 - $1000. Anyone have a sound clip?

As far as the mix goes - i think they have a couple copies of it at Amoeba for you LA heads.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This is from the Jazzman comp, "whatiswrongwithgroovin" and it sounds like it's off that live album.

Fred Johnson - A Child Runs Free

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    Paycheck hooked me up for like $15 (or $10 - I don't remember) shipping including. http://www.goodrecordsnyc.com - Speaking of which, i'm prolly coming through tommorow afternoon to the shop. I'll holler!

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    This is from the Jazzman comp, "whatiswrongwithgroovin" and it sounds like it's off that live album.

Fred Johnson - A Child Runs Free

You can still get this 7" from their site...