toronto folks, roy ayers show postponed

AserAser 2,351 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
hmm, seems fishy to me, they changed the price AGAIN to boot.at least this makes my life easier, seu jorge all the way now.
CONCERT RESCHEDULED The Original Superstars of Jazz Fusion feat.Roy Ayers, Jean Carne, Wayne Henderson, Bobbi Humphrey, Ronnie Laws, Jon Lucien & Lonnie Liston Smith. *** NEW DATE ??? Thursday, Novemeber 16, Phoenix Concert Theatre *** Toronto ??? The Thursday, June 29 appearance of The Original Superstars of Jazz Fusion concert with Roy Ayers, Lonnie Liston Smith, Jean Carne, Wayne Henderson, Bobbi Humphrey, Ronnie Laws & Jon Lucien at the Harbourfront Centre Concert Stage in Toronto has been postponed. The re-scheduled date for the show is Thursday November 16 at The Phoenix Concert Theatre. All tickets from this show will be honoured on the new date. TD Canada Trust Toronto Jazz Festival and REMG apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Original Superstars of Jazz FusionFeaturing ROY AYERS, Jean Carne, Wayne Henderson, Bobbi Humphrey, Ronnie Laws, Jon Lucien & Lonnie Liston SmithOriginal concert date - Thursday, June 29, Harbourfront CentreRESCHEDULED for Thursday, November 16, 2006, 8pm PHOENIX CONCERT THEATRE, 410 Sherbourne StreetTickets $39.50 Available at Play de Record, Rotate This andTicketmaster (416) 870-8000 or www.ticketmaster.caDoors at 8pm, Show at 9pm Media Contact:Festival Media Centre (416) 214-9058Debbie Rix, Festival cell (647) 839-3845Anna Tom, Festival cell (647) 839-3837

Comments

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i noticed it got taken off the harbourfront listing

damn though... this weekend is crazy!!!
    yusef lateef and pharoah sanders?! im swoonin

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    hmm, seems fishy to me, they changed the price AGAIN to boot.

at least this makes my life easier, seu jorge all the way now.

Aser,

You will LOVE the Seu Jorge show!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Aser,

I will be l00kin' 4 u!

Chan,

Did Seu do Bowie covers?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I'm going to scoop ticks up at the harbourfront ticket office tomorrow. Screw ticketmaster.

I think I'll roll solo, none of my friends wanted to go. They were all planning on the ayers show.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

yusef lateef

i can't wait for this.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    You can 3rd it with me & my gurl if you'd like.

• navydadnavydad 30 Posts
    where did you hear about this?

i am royally pissed.
    atleast now i can afford to see pharoah.

boo fuckin hoo

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I got a press release email aboot it, but it now shows up on the remg site. Scroll to the bottom.....

b*lly - ok, I shall hollereth.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

yusef lateef

i can't wait for this.

have you heard (or has anyone else) anything by this Belmondo group that Yusef is playing with? I've heard tell that it is left field Classical in nature. True?? Double True??

I saw Yusef about 6 years ago at the North York Performing Arts venue, and it was unfortunately as the players Yusef had with him were not so hot, and Yusef himself really didn't focus much. A very lost plot that show. I was unhappy to say the least, as he is one of my musical heroes. Anyway, what of this Belmondo???

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I think that was also a problem w/ Terry Callier's show at harbourfront. The backing band was a bit anemic to say the least.

I would recommend folks check out Marcus Belgrave, I saw him a few years ago in a very intimate setting. I chatted w/ him for a bit and bought some cd's, a very good dude that man is.

Can't wait till Joe Bataan though.