yeah, we got it bitch, you gonna buy?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
as one could imagine, we get a lot of annoying Elvis collectors who alway poo poo our Elvis collection. You know the "collectros". Old dudes who dont know shit about records, but think they know more than you, but then do dumb shit like want us to give them a $1000 for their beat ass "Moody Blue", and then ask if we have any "rare" Elvis. Well, this just came into the shop..we will see if these pricks will put up or shut up now:elvis raer

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    as one could imagine, we get a lot of annoying Elvis collectors who alway poo poo our Elvis collection. You know the "collectros". Old dudes who dont know shit about records, but think they know more than you, but then do dumb shit like want us to give them a $1000 for their beat ass "Moody Blue", and then ask if we have any "rare" Elvis. Well, this just came into the shop..we will see if these pricks will put up or shut up now:
    Sounds like Alberta.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    as one could imagine, we get a lot of annoying Elvis collectors who alway poo poo our Elvis collection. You know the "collectros". Old dudes who dont know shit about records, but think they know more than you, but then do dumb shit like want us to give them a $1000 for their beat ass "Moody Blue", and then ask if we have any "rare" Elvis. Well, this just came into the shop..we will see if these pricks will put up or shut up now:

elvis raer

What is rare about this?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

VG-. this would definitely be for the collector.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    you can get 2 Moody Blues' with one of those...

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4877788995

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    as one could imagine, we get a lot of annoying Elvis collectors who alway poo poo our Elvis collection.

Please report back when they come in.. I am interested to hear what they say.
    If you could get audio that would be a plus.

What's the bit from Ghostworld.."It has hairline cracks and enlarged holes.."

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The Elvis Sun is the forerunner to the Beatles Butcher Cover

Neither are as rare as most people think

Both have been sold for more money than they are truly worth

And the collector who seeks these out will never wind up on SS

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

uh how exactly do you determine what it's "truly worth"? If it's selling for $2000 then I'd argue that's probably what it's "worth", no?

uh how exactly do you determine what it's "truly worth"? If it's selling for $2000 then I'd argue that's probably what it's "worth", no?

No question...if it's selling(plural) for $2,000 then that's probably a good estimate of it's value.

And then when one idiot buys the same LP for $17,000 because he's an "investor" and read about it's rarity in the Wall Street Journal, that's what I'd call selling for more than what it's "truly worth".

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

No question...if it's selling(plural) for $2,000 then that's probably a good estimate of it's value.

And then when one idiot buys the same LP for $17,000 because he's an "investor" and read about it's rarity in the Wall Street Journal, that's what I'd call selling for more than what it's "truly worth".

I'm with rock. Still sealed first state stereo butcher cover may be worth $20,000 or more and gets it even though there are multiple copies. But only idiots pay big bucks for VG condition third state butchers.

I'm guessing the same for the first Elvis sun 45. Mint condition it is worth more than what the last copy sold for. VG, it aint that rare and you should not shell out big bucks for it.

Soul records sell for about the same sealed or vg, but not rock collectables. That is not to people who know the market.

I've got a copy of that blue vinyl Elvis if anyone wants it. It's rare.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

elvis raer

Does this item have a buy it now? Lets make a deal buddy.

I've got a copy of that blue vinyl Elvis if anyone wants it. It's rare if it was on black vinyl.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    well it did have a buy it now... I was just about to PM you, and a dude walked in off the street and bought it and a Carl Perkins "Blue Suede Shoes" 78. The store some quick scratch. Sorry. We had the record for a whole 22 hours.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    We had the record for a whole 22 hours.

Does this happen a lot at your shop?

There are certain titles that, I know as soon as I put it out, it'll be gone in (at most) 48-72 hours.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    We had the record for a whole 22 hours.

Does this happen a lot at your shop?

There are certain titles that, I know as soon as I put it out, it'll be gone in (at most) 48-72 hours.

sometimes...certain Stax, Hi and Sun titles are gone very quickly...especially during Tourist seasons. Folks come in all hyped after a visit to the Stax or Sun museums and wanna buy records.

Also minty OG copies of classic Jazz LPs arent around very long at all..."Love Supreme", "Kind of Blue", etc are quick sellers.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    well it did have a buy it now... I was just about to PM you, and a dude walked in off the street and bought it and a Carl Perkins "Blue Suede Shoes" 78. The store some quick scratch. Sorry. We had the record for a whole 22 hours.

I was actually just kidding about the buy it now thing, but thats wicked