Who The Hell Is LUPE FIASCO??

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Read somewhere that he is somehow related to Kanye West. Not in a family way but connected to him in some sort of way.Heard his track Kick, Push which seemed to come out of nowhere and was pretty impressed. Anyone know when the LP comes out.

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Where have you been the past 5 months?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    best rapper alive

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    That shit's been all over 1 X-Tra for ever but it got knocked out by Gnarls Barkley.

Dude has a guest verse on Touch The Sky.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Read somewhere that he is somehow related to Kanye West. Not in a family way but connected to him in some sort of way.

Heard his track Kick, Push which seemed to come out of nowhere and was pretty impressed. Anyone know when the LP comes out.

Get a late pass. You must not skateboard, wear SB dunks with funny looking hooded sweatshirts and watch lots of anime huh? LOL

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Hahah. Fuck now I feel all out of touch. I've never heard it on the radio only seen the video. How old is the song?

I barely started listening to the radio and watching music videos again like 2 months ago after like 2 years of not listening/watching it.

Damn I really feel out of touch now. Oh well. Off topic but someone brought it up...I FUCKIN HATE GNARLS BARKLEY. WACK ASS FUCKIN SONG.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    best rapper alive or dead

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    best rapper alive or dead [to address the sticky subject of girlfriends that skateboard]

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    corniest rapper to ever be semi-accepted. if he was white he would have gotten shitted on in 5 seconds, dude might as well be fort minor

corniest rapper to ever be semi-accepted. if he was white he would be adored by America

Not trying to play Devil's advocate, but what makes him corny?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    best rapper alive or dead [to address the subject of sticky girlfriends that skateboard]

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    what makes him corny?

Met his girlfriend she was clapping in the crowd
    Love is what what was happening to him now
    Uh, he said I would marry you
    But I'm engaged to these arials and variels
    And I don't think this board is strong enough to carry two
    She said Bow, I weigh 120 pounds
    Now, let me make one thing clear
    I don't need to ride yours
    I got mine right here
    So she took him to a spot
    He didn't know about
    Something odd in the apartment parking lot
    She said I don't normally take dates in here
    Security came and said, "I'm sorry there's no skating here"

competent rhyming. I mean it ain't no Jada but I mean it's cool and in the pocket. (ay yo-yo-ma)

Peronsally I just started to really feel that track, but i'm not like "WOW! Lupe". I feel the same way about Rhymesfest; "Brand New" is dope but you know..I ain't trying to catch his album (plus a lot of the singles he's dropped since have been tepid at best)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

But I'm engaged to these arials and variels
    Bow, I weigh 120 pounds

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Not trying to play Devil's advocate, but what makes him corny?

it's simple myspace mathematics Young Pho Pho:

Kool G Rap has 18,606 friends.

Too $hort has 9,376 friends.

Big Daddy Kane has 3,355 friends.

and

Lupe Fiasco has 117,687 friends.

in myspace world it would take 35.078 Big Daddy Kane's to = 1 Lupe Fiasco.

makes a person want to sit down and think about whats really fair.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    He has some hot shit. I don't like "Kick, Push" but he has a joint over "T Plays it Kool" that is real good, and a freestyle over Crucial Conflict "Hay" beat that I really like.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    competent rhyming.

i don't think anyone's saying that he is corny in the "he-can't-rap" sense. he seems like a pretty good rapper. it's his actual subject matter on that, the only song i've heard from him, which is beyond corny.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    a freestyle over Crucial Conflict "Hay"

why would he rhyme over such an unimportant record?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i like to play poker and enjoy chilling in the mountains once in a while, that doesn't mean i want my fav rapper to write a rhyme about "value betting the river" or "peakbagging in the rockies" that shit would be corny, much like a rapper writing a song about skateboarding in 2006 is corny

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

is this the biggest export from Chicago in the 06?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i like to play poker and enjoy chilling in the mountains once in a while, that doesn't mean i want my fav rapper to write a rhyme about "value betting the river" or "peakbagging in the rockies" that shit would be corny, much like a rapper writing a song about skateboarding in 2006 is corny

then you are really going to hate Lupe's new cover of "the gambler".

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

is this the biggest export from Chicago in the 06?

I like GLC a lot. I'll try to put his shit up in a minute.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The new traxster will explode heads.
    I heard some exclusive shit from it tonight. On some modern midwest "Snoopy Track" intensity.

Explode heads.

I do like Lupe though.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    a freestyle over Crucial Conflict "Hay"

why would he rhyme over such an unimportant record?

MURDER DOG INNOVATORS OF RAP: CRUCIAL CONFLICT

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    fashion plate.

see also Beans from Antipop (although Lupe admittedly has slightly more skills).

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    competent rhyming.

i don't think anyone's saying that he is corny in the "he-can't-rap" sense. he seems like a pretty good rapper. it's his actual subject matter on that, the only song i've heard from him, which is beyond corny.

For me, he could be talking about knitting mittens and I wouldn't care cause that beat for "Kick Push" is dope. Even with the out of tune horns.

But yeah, on a whole dude is nothing special or out of the ordinary. I think that's what attracts people to him. His regular-ness.
    Yes, that's a real word.

fashion plate.

see also Beans from Antipop (although Lupe admittedly has slightly more skills).

also J*Davey and even though I cheerlead for dudes...SA-RA

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I cheerlead for dudes...

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    Lupe Fiasco... that's a catchy name, and you can dance to his beats, so I'm impressed for about 5 minutes.