Laptop Reccos

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
If anyone could offer some advice on laptops it would be greatly appreciated. i am just looking for something simple: Internet, writing, etc. i'd like to be able to put my records on CD. That's it. i'd love to do this for around $800 all told, but by the looks of it i don't know if that's gonna happen. One thing that is important to me is that the thing will last a while. i am looking ahead to some expenses down the road (i am trying to stretch my 97 Pathfinder out for two more years, i would like to be buying a house in a few years)...so something that i can count on lasting for a while. Dell has this outlet thing on their site for refurbs and stuff, you can get a laptop with a wireless card for $400 - 450, but by the time you pay for MS Works or Office and everything else you want to put on it you are still paying a decent chunk of change. In my college days i had access to programs that i would want that kind of just got passed around, but now i don't so i have to pay for all that stuff...which is probably to my karmic advantage anyway.So yeah, if anyone knows of a specific laptop or even a site that i may be able to research and learn from i am open. Thanks.