Babies everywhere...

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
It's raining babies out there - I've known at least three new dads in the last month or so, including the very latest...Soul Strut's very own Archaic, papa to a brand new baby goil as of last week. Congrats!

Comments

• I was wondering where that foll has been. I figured he was in a fatherly way.

Congrats, RG!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I was wondering where that foll has been. I figured he was in a fatherly way.

Congrats, RG!

Yes, Congratulations!

• My little sister just told me she was pregnant. Make my parents grandparents, finally. Takes the pressure off me, but still messin' my head big time. Hope kid appreciates the crazy uncle with the funny black round things.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    My little sister just told me she was pregnant. Make my parents grandparents, finally. Takes the pressure off me, but still messin' my head big time. Hope kid appreciates the crazy uncle with the funny black round things.

*cough*

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Oh ya... Congrats to all babies daddys off the strut

• My little sister just told me she was pregnant. Make my parents grandparents, finally. Takes the pressure off me, but still messin' my head big time. Hope kid appreciates the crazy uncle with the funny black round things.

*cough*

That's not what I meant, but major touch?? there. Especially on the crazy part.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Much thanks.

*Literally all I have time to post*

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude - I had my first day home with the baby while wifey went back to work.

and

• my bro just put a baby in his wife

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    my bro just put a baby in his wife

your icon makes this even more

• babies are a good thing

Congrats Archaic!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Indeed... My homie and his girl just had twins... Other homie and his girl had a boy in February and we welcomed a new niece in March. I think it's a 29-35 age range thing.

My girl is all grownzup facing the front in her car seat. She needs to chill on the insomnia, though.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

and

So you are a REAL father now. To me it's some back in the day ish. Mydaughters six and i have to check here homework now...

Indeed... My homie and his girl just had twins... Other homie and his girl had a boy in February and we welcomed a new niece in March. I think it's a 29-35 age range thing.

My girl is all grownzup facing the front in her car seat. She needs to chill on the insomnia, though.

Mega cute!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I got a call at 7 a.m. today... my great friends Brian (not a SS regular, but a SERIOUS funk&soul 45 head... hosts the Hipshaker party in Mpls) and Venessa are headed to the hospital... Venessa's water =

baby #1 on the way today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soulstrut parentals STAND UP.

Respect.
    f

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

and

So you are a REAL father now. To me it's some back in the day ish. Mydaughters six and i have to check here homework now...

As an adopted dad, I feel you on that. My kid is 6 and in the 1st grade. You have to do his homework with him. Read him the instructions, go over each problem with him. Very time intensive, especially when I have my OWN homework to read and grade each night! It doesn't get any easier as they get older, it's just different things you need to do with/for them.

Was I neglected? My parents never did my homework with me...at least not that I remember.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Was I neglected? My parents never did my homework with me...at least not that I remember.

dude in first grade us old fuckers didn't HAVE homework...it was like spell your name, play with glue and glitter and go home.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

dude in first grade us old fuckers didn't HAVE homework...it was like spell your name, play with glue and glitter and go home.

Hahaha! Not these days, I'm teaching these lil' chilluns how to read good and stuff. (first grade teacher by day)

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Venessa's water =

Can I just say, could this be the best use of yet? I believe so.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Oliver,

You need to get with the program. My kid was getting homework in Kindergarten!!! Times have changed. When they can't read, guess who is going to be reading them the instructions and helping them step through step in figuring out what 2 - 3 equals, and what is the missing letter in the word k_te, and how to count by fives????