NEW MIX ON FRONTPAGE

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Mia is adorable!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I want royalties for the use of my arm.

ps... can i use this image for my hand modeling portfolio?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Yo! That's my man 100 grand. THE OTHER ROSS. Plaese recognize. He's beyond ill on the design tip, too. He built our site for us (ItalSelection.com). Colfax, what.

What's up with some chicken-fried country-ass Ballerado breaks?

• crashcoursecrashcourse 214 Posts
    is the record in the photo orphan? not very good if memory serves.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I want royalties for the use of my arm.
    ps... can i use this image for my hand modeling portfolio?

No, nein, and nyet. And don't even think about putting it on your resume.
    Raj is the Vincent Gallo of the internet game - I thought you knew.

• 16:18 whats that track? Wanted that J5 bass line for aaaages. Is it solo any where on the song or did they filter it?

Cheers
    And

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    It the "Lickin' Stick" rhythm track .... don't know who it is or what the cut is

A+ Mix...any chances of a MP3 of this?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    amazing!!!!

what is that shit with the dude talkin about the drums over it? that shit is off the chizzane!!!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    amazing!!!!

what is that shit with the dude talkin about the drums over it? that shit is off the chizzane!!!

i think your buddy dj shadow sampled this..

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    amazing!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It the "Lickin' Stick" rhythm track .... don't know who it is or what the cut is

It's "How You Gonna Get Respect (If You Haven't Cut Your Process Yet)" by Hank Ballard with The Dapps, on King 45 6196. You can get it off the Bay for fairly cheap, I think mine was $6 b.i.n.

amazing!!!!

thanks bro. is this rare? does anyone have an extra they'd trade to me. that shit is HAUGHT!!!

• Anyone know the track at around 23:00? Superb mix by the way. It's sweetness to my ears.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    amazing!!!!

thanks bro. is this rare? does anyone have an extra they'd trade to me. that shit is HAUGHT!!!

i heard its easier to find it in california than here on the east coast.. (i dont think its that common though). yeah i remember some dude on here said he had three copies but he never got back to me.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    While we're at it great mix! Also is that the Animated Egg version of "Sock it my way" @ about 10min. in? And where did all those Country Club malt liqour adds come from? Lp? VHS?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    And where did all those Country Club malt liqour adds come from?

Also is that the Animated Egg version of "Sock it my way" @ about 10min. in?
    yes

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    And where did all those Country Club malt liqour adds come from?

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    about 15 minutes and everything sounds great. anyone know the name of the second track? the one that kinda sounds like john cash but isn't. And those music makers records are much more prevalent on the west coast. guzzo's got two for trade.

• Insulin1200Insulin1200 396 Posts
    i am def feelin this! props.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i am def feelin this! prizops.

• Revealed:
    Yo, thanks for all the kind words, and I'm glad some folks enjoyed the mix. I've busy enough that I've been putting it together in like 5 minute incriments for the last year. The pseudo Johnny Cash cut is called "Wandering Soul," and its from a country 45 from Springfield, MO. I found the Chevron Drum record in Albuquerque, NM, and my homie found another one in D, so maybe its more common accross the West. The Hank Ballard joint is off the LP since my 45 of that track is in bad shape, but yeah those 45s are very affordable and very much worth it. The cut at 23 minutes is actually Shawn Lee, off the Ping Pong Orchestra joint on Ubiquity. That thing is amazing, and fit right in with all the original joints. The malt liquor ads came from reel-to-reels that a friend of mine got from a radio station in CO. It was striking to me that they are essentially the same as the King Cobra ads I used to hear in the morning on KMEL on the 3 bus in SF. Nothing ever changes. If anyone would like an .mp3, email me at [email]ross@process255.com[/email], and thanks thanks thanks.

• Options
    The pseudo Johnny Cash cut is called "Wandering Soul," and its from a country 45 from Springfield, MO ....by Gary Atkinson...orange label... if my memory serves me correct.

K.

• The pseudo Johnny Cash cut is called "Wandering Soul," and its from a country 45 from Springfield, MO ....by Gary Atkinson...orange label... if my memory serves me correct.

K.

Thats the one.

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    this has some nice song selections, but i dunno it seems a little too . kinda hard to listen to long blends that arnt really beatmatched and have competing vocals. if he???s going for the disorienting thing than I guess he???s doing a good job, the whole thing is just a little hard to listen to.

i know im breaking the if you don't have something nice to say... rule, but am i the only one who isnt fully feeling this mix?

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    i take ALL of that back

my iTunes was playing on random under this mix for 16 min, and it was really pissing me of like "why is he playing all of Sardinees under 3 songs?" oh wait, in iTunes i can go back and see a list of 'recently played' tracks.

here is a list of songs that do not sound good when played at the same time as this mix:
    Deion Sanders - Must Be The Money
    Beck - Burro (Mariachi version of Jackass) / it almost works with the jonny cash sounding song
    Can - Vitamin C / almost works, but sounds way to off
    Bobby Brown - My Place
    Junkyard Band - Sardines

at first i was like "what he talkign about 'clutching gems' i got most of these songs on my computer"

the mix is sounding nice now that i started it over w/o iTunes going

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i take ALL of that back

my iTunes was playing on random under this mix for 16 min, and it was really pissing me of like "why is he playing all of Sardinees under 3 songs?" oh wait, in iTunes i can go back and see a list of 'recently played' tracks.

here is a list of songs that do not sound good when played at the same time as this mix:
    Deion Sanders - Must Be The Money
    Beck - Burro (Mariachi version of Jackass) / it almost works with the jonny cash sounding song
    Can - Vitamin C / almost works, but sounds way to off
    Bobby Brown - My Place
    Junkyard Band - Sardines

at first i was like "what he talkign about 'clutching gems' i got most of these songs on my computer"

the mix is sounding nice now that i started it over w/o iTunes going

HAHAAHHAHA
    yo thats funny as shit!!!
    rosss, whassssssssup hommiehomes????? you gooood man? mix is hot, what happened to j??? drop a line sometimes bro, even though were all crazy busy. oneL, tL

• HAHAAHHAHA

yo thats funny as shit!!!

rosss, whassssssssup hommiehomes????? you gooood man? mix is hot, what happ?5{a line sometimes bro, even though were all crazy busy. oneL, tL

Thanks, homie. J & I gave up on the collaboration for the time being. You were right about that, it ain't no joke. Glad you enjoyed this. We need to catch up.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    The pseudo Johnny Cash cut is called "Wandering Soul," and its from a country 45 from Springfield, MO ....by Gary Atkinson...orange label... if my memory serves me correct.

The label is The Corillions. The owner of that label (Marlin Wallace) had his hand in several REALLY strange releases from southern Missouri.

• He thought the Reds were torturing him with invisible lasers from space. This dude Rich bought the rest of the copies Merlin Wallace had, sells them for like 20 bucks. He also has CDs of the rest of the label's out put, which is not funky but is indeed very strange. Also has an autobiographical explanation of the aforementioned dealings with "the Reds" that is priceless. I didn't know it was from Missouri, I thought mine said Las Vegas or Reno on the label. I'm too stoned and comfortable to go check.