Options

"Just a lickle soundsystem"

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Seriously, dude.
    You always blow my mind with the JA stuff, completely.
    But this is next level with the soul. Amazing mix of
    heavy rares and just damn good songs. I can only imagine
    the pleasure of returning home with that score, stoking up
    the chalice, and playing through the stack.

You may have created the need for an all-new
    next-level/facemelt combo graemlin.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I think a new gremlin with the caption 'lickle system' and a picture of a 45 is in order. photoshop headz?

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    That dude had good taste in music!

• Options

Markus,

Just gave Hari (spelling?) the Hurbe Skank 12 for you.

YEah, my man talked about exclusivity and having dope tunes to run at the dance - although he mentioned that he elevated/secluded his DJ boothes so as not to have any trainspotting. "All they heard was good tunes man, they never know whether it was independent label or not.".

99% of the 45's I've bought off him are untouched...because he bought 2 of everything!

k.

• You may have created the need for an all-new
    next-level/facemelt combo graemlin.

cosigned! something like this:

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    99% of the 45's I've bought off him are untouched...because he bought 2 of everything!

k.

OK, Can you just stop now plaese... i cant take it any more.

GAME MOTHERFUCKING OVER.

(really though, keep going, i cant get enough of this shit, do you realise how many strutters are wishing they were in your shopes right now?)

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    THIS THREAD DOES NOT IMPRESS ME, unless it was "$0.25 to a dollar each" in some magical thriftstore hidden in the canadian mountains.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Is this yet another ish of the E Rodney Jones?>

• Options

Is this yet another ish of the E Rodney Jones?>

Yep. 3 Different copies I know of. OG, JA blank and this. Appears to be a US press.

K.

Markus,

Just gave Hari (spelling?) the Hurbe Skank 12 for you.

YEah, my man talked about exclusivity and having dope tunes to run at the dance - although he mentioned that he elevated/secluded his DJ boothes so as not to have any trainspotting. "All they heard was good tunes man, they never know whether it was independent label or not.".

k.

Cool,

PM sent. Hope you guys had a pleasant evening of chilling out. I think a couple of dudes on the Strut have met Harri before, and can cosign that he is a super nice dude, even if he is a bit funny in the head. Dude is like a walking talk-show.

• Options
    Yeah, he was pretty spent on the various assortment of joints he'd beeen smoking all day. His friend reaked of Vodka. On the phone, he was laughing hysterically at moments when I wasn't making a joke (and making me kaugh in response). Made for entertaining convesation HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA.

K.

Yeah, he was pretty spent on the various assortment of joints he'd beeen smoking all day. His friend reaked of Vodka. On the phone, he was laughing hysterically at moments when I wasn't making a joke (and making me kaugh in response). Made for entertaining convesation HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA.

K.

Yeah, he seems to have two kinds of effects on people. Either he makes them laugh or angry. Glad it was the former for you.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    shoudn't this thread be in the "Sales" section?

• Options
    Shouldn't all my weekend finds post be there? For real though, I'm keeping plenty of these.

K.

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    Does the dude have any jazz he doesn't need?

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    shoudn't this thread be in the "Sales" section?

I'm not getting the impression that this is a 'sales' post.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    stop please stop

this shit is making my head hurt. toooomuuu ccchhh ridiculous heat kev.

just hope some of your good luck comes my way!

kudos

• Options

Non for sale. I'll just say this, it's his specialty. Every BLue Note and Prestige ever released? Maybe.

K.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Non for sale. I'll just say this, it's his specialty. Every BLue Note and Prestige ever released? Maybe.

K.

Jamaican collectros... got all the reggae heat you need but DUN TOUCH MI JAZZ!

• Options
    So true. BIggest cut-eye ever when I accidentally looked at the wrong box. What's would be an apt sucking teeth graemlin?

K.

• Options

K.

Jamaican collectros... got all the reggae heat you need but DUN TOUCH MI JAZZ... OR SLOWJAMS!

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    Monster haul and seems like such a great way to spend a day

Love that Krystal 45 and the Holidays are easily their best, came out in 2 version on that label by the way..

peace
    L

• Options
    ...and I just realized those "Baby Reconsider" Leon Haywood's on Fat Fish I left there the other day was a lickle mistake.

MOre tomorrow or Saturday.

K.

...and I just realized those "Baby Reconsider" Leon Haywood's on Fat Fish I left there the other day was a lickle mistake.

K.

Damn skippy, noooohduhn sowl classic and then some

peas
    L

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

K.

Jamaican collectros... got all the reggae heat you need but DUN TOUCH MI JAZZ... OR SLOWJAMS!

Hahaha... I assume you've had the experience digging while someone blasts a Skool Boys record (or something like that) on a huge soundsystem... I like soul music but that shit can get a little unnerving.

• Options

K.

Damn skippy, noooohduhn sowl classic and then some

peas
    L

you know htat Melody Stewart Canadian 45, Leo? Sounds like it'd be up your alley.

K.

• Options

K.

Hahaha... I assume you've had the experience digging while someone blasts a Skool Boys record (or something like that) on a huge soundsystem... I like soul music but that shit can get a little unnerving.

Man, if mid 80's soul jams became in vogue, this dude would be the Keb Darge of the day (not like he couldn't hang now).

K.

K.

Man, if mid 80's soul jams became in vogue, this dude would be the Keb Darge of the day (not like he couldn't hang now).

K.

hahaha when is slow 80s soul not in vogue?

Haven't heard that Melody track, but if you're tipping it off due to me talking about northern i must say i'm much more a 70s, 80s guy when it comes to soul but good northern is always appreciated soundfiles perhaps? I can give you a nice steppersoundfile in return...

peas
    L

• ScottScott 420 Posts

A couple of these in the rack.

Nice, a sign of someone who's willing to make an investment in their music.

I always check the electronics section at thrifts hoping to see one of these. Unfortunately, all I find are broken Sony cassette decks.

• Options
    Here's a clip Leo. If you need the whole thing, hit me at [email]soufriere1@yahoo.com[/email]

K.