Brought my Numark portable into the office today..

2»

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    What you need to get now is Tap Tempo so you can also BPM your records while at work. The hard part is coming up with an excuse for the syncopated space bar tapping going on at your desk.

DJ Ferrari

Ha, I'm 4/4 steps ahead of you, but I prefer this one:
    http://www.vocalist.org.uk/beats_per_minute_reference_chart.html

And I've already BPMed a couple of things today. PRODUCTIVE!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    What you need to get now is Tap Tempo so you can also BPM your records while at work. The hard part is coming up with an excuse for the syncopated space bar tapping going on at your desk.

DJ Ferrari

Ha, I'm 4/4 steps ahead of you, but I prefer this one:
    http://www.vocalist.org.uk/beats_per_minute_reference_chart.html

And I've already BPMed a couple of things today. PRODUCTIVE!

Nice... clicking away sounds way more productive that the space bar. I think I could get away with that. Thanks!

DJ Ferrari

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I am strongly considering bringing in a 1200 and my mixer to work since I'm going to be working a lot of overtime for the next month. I have so much shit I need to record and I never end up doing any of it at home. The sound quality on portables ain't that great, right?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm still not sure how I did it, but Amazon.com had PT-01s for $76 for a brief amount of time right after they got them in. I think they had it mis-priced, because I looked today, and bingo: $100. Anyway, at the time, I had a $50 Amazon gift certificate as a present. $26 dollars later...

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Nice, Next time bring in the VAN that plays on top of the record, I bet you get a lot of O Face at work, FO SHO!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    ------funniest shit ever....

• Hah, when I first got mine, I had some friends over and had it out on the kitchen table playing some new records, and this girl I had just started dating walks in, takes one look at me cueing something up and proclaims "Ew, you're so pretentious!"[/b]

hahahaha
    what?

---- From her blog, shortly after I dumped her.

She was like, militant suburban. K-Rock all day. Anything outside of MTV or the mall was was pretentious hipster bullshit. I found it kind of cute at first. It was the end of the summer and she looked good in a halter-top. Hate me.

• so do you set it up regular style or battle style in your cube?

puahah winner

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

It was the end of the summer and she looked good in a halter-top. Hate me.

No hate, I can understand. (blocking out bad memories of ex, ugh)

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts

Hah, when I first got mine, I had some friends over and had it out on the kitchen table playing some new records, and this girl I had just started dating walks in, takes one look at me cueing something up and proclaims "Ew, you're so pretentious!"[/b]

hahahaha
    what?

---- From her blog, shortly after I dumped her.

She was like, militant suburban. K-Rock all day. Anything outside of MTV or the mall was was pretentious hipster bullshit. I found it kind of cute at first. It was the end of the summer and she looked good in a halter-top. Hate me.

well, I hope you, at least, got to donkey punch her.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts

I've actually gotten a couple decent records from officemates. It's sort of like found money.

My barber treated me to a whole bag of jazz 45s/ep's and some very decent albums!
    Got that Manfred Mann -junction ost lp minty UK og from him.
    He used to live next to Dexter Gordon but he never gave him any rekkids

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    A portable in your cubicle should really help if you ever have a case of the Mondays.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    "can you scratch with that"? (while making lame hand gestures) errr!!

ha. this is THE number one question I get at work - always comes with hand gesture too. And often is phrased like this "hey, man... you gonna do any of that (begin hand gesture)... chi-chivva chivva chivva stuff on that thing?" Then they always laugh like they've just said the most novel, wittiest thing ever. Ha ha! God bless'm.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I just dub maaaaad music onto MD. Yeah, that's right, MD! *still in the stone age* If I even tried to bring my portable into work it would present waay too many problems. "What's that lemme try no Meee aaahhh *needle*screeeeeeeeeeeech" THAT'S IT NO MORE PLAYING WITH MR. MORSE'S RECORD PLAYER!! (I'm a first grade teacher)