Joe McPhee's Nature Walk

NeverEnoughMoneyNeverEnoughMoney 300 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone here planning on checking out Joe Mcphee's public park show tomorrow?Apparently, he's going to perform while, more or less, aimlessly walking around the park. Sounds interesting and 'phish-y' at the sametime.More details here:http://www.joemcphee.com

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Damn, wish I could check this out. New age flower child mcphee.

• McPhee wasn't hippied-out, but there were quite a number of white socks with sandals and granola eaters there.

It was a beautiful day and he was really trying to play in the spirit of his surrondings. His phrasing was beautiful, as was the way he twisted his notes in and out. Although, it felt very much that his playing was informed, in part, by his limited breath control.

Definitely worth the time.

Eddie Gale's playing on Monday. Anyone seen him lately? I hear he incorporates a lot of electronic sounds into his shows these days. Worth seeing?

• Eddie Gale's playing on Monday. Anyone seen him lately? I hear he incorporates a lot of electronic sounds into his shows these days. Worth seeing?
    never seen him, but i personally wouldn't miss out on that opportunity.

• Eddie Gale's playing on Monday. Anyone seen him lately? I hear he incorporates a lot of electronic sounds into his shows these days. Worth seeing?
    never seen him, but i personally wouldn't miss out on that opportunity.

Just came back from seeing Gale's two sets and it was definitely worth going if he comes near you. Had some nice older players along with him and a few younger ones too. The kid on bass was kind of , but the brass players kept it moving.