"Who be the King of the Sound?"

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
"Busta Bus back to just put a knot on that crown (Uh huh)"Busta Rhymes/Former Source Owner Dave Mays Involved In Altercation In Miami[/b]By Nolan StrongDate: 3/31/2006 4:30 pmThe Hip-Hop world has been buzzing about an altercation in Miami last weekend that sent Dave Mays, former owner of The Source, to the hospital.Sources told AllHipHop.com that rapper Busta Rhymes and Mays were in the nightclub Opium when the incident occurred.The two were allegedly involved in a dispute over remarks Mays allegedly made about Rhymes on an unnamed radio station, when an associate of Rhymes (*day - read: BUSTA) struck Mays over the head with a bottle of liquor.Reports stated that Mays was treated at a local hospital, where he required almost 50 stitches.*here what the douchebag had to say* "All he does is run all round and try to act tough and then other people get hurt in the midst of what he does," said Mays' partner Ray "Benzino" Scott. "Supposedly Dave made a comment on Star's show [The Star & Bucwild morning show on New York's Power 105.1]. Now mind you, the [New York] Post is killing Busta Rhymes and for some reason he turns his attention on Dave Mays. Dave Mays is the same one that put Busta Rhymes on the cover two or three times, the same one that let Busta host The Source Awards. I mean, I guess at the end of the day, after all them steroids, [Busta] wants to pick on somebody."Chris Lighty, CEO of Violator, which handles the careers of Busta Rhymes, 50 Cent, Eminem, Missy Elliott, Young Buck, Tony Yayo and others, confirmed that an altercation took place between Mays and his artist."There was an altercation," Chris Lighty confirmed with AllHipHop.com. "The Dave Mays thing, all I can say is those guys are worthless."Sources told AllHipHop.com that Mays will not press charges against Rhymes.Both Rhymes and Tony Yayo are the subject of an investigation involving the murder of Rhymes' bodyguard, Israel Ramirez, who was gunned down in Brooklyn, New York, in February, on the set of Rhymes' "Touch It (Remix)" video.Authorities have been stymied in their investigation due to lack of cooperation from key witnesses, including Rhymes and Yayo, despite the shooting being witnessed by hundreds of people.Lighty did deny an alleged incident reported in the New York Post that claimed Rhymes had assaulted a gay fan who was seeking an autograph.Reports said that the rapper was leaving the 11th Street Diner in the South Beach district when a fan allegedly congratulated the rapper on his success, prompting Rhymes to reply: "I hate f*****g faggots, man'.""That came out of no where," Lighty told AllHipHop.com. "People are dramatizing that situation."http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/Busta was on my flight to Miami last weekend and dude was definitley on SWOLL (ayo!).