disco/boogie sellers hip me to....

lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
.... the names/ebay id's of crappy bidders to throw on my own "personal" ebay block list. a short description of their crimes, just the facts.if you want i can sort you out with a couple as well. my latest realization is that most of these dudes are nickel and dime cheapos anyway, so as long as i can get their names, i'll be happy keeping them out of my (already nappy) hair.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Discosearcher1

Complaints:

Had to send 3 emails before he paid, last one was a final warning.
    Complained about agreed price.
    paid a shipping price initially that he[/b] thought was fair.
    wanted a different/unique shipping method.

He's prolly on this site.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

I feel your pain, though. I was selling a lot of boogie / modern soul last year and it was a roller coaster ride. These 0 feedback Frenchies are born every minute so it's hard to have a definitive list.

There is also a suspect bidder out there who I think has two IDs... He bids up the records with the 0 feedback and then outbids himself with the legit account. An e-mail comes shortly after he loses saying "Oh you know this 0 feedback bidder won't pay so sell to me at a lower price?" It's a way to secure a record you want. Not saying he is guilty so I won't name him... but it has happened with other sellers I know and it's just plain slim shadey.

• Options
    ryderbull

K.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    not even mad, just trying to get some facts straight before i hit the bay again.

it's a new day, and people are acting like maniacs.

my guy that pissed me off last week is now:

midnight_star

crime: chargeback

• Yes, he's right here on soulstrut looking at cha in the eyes.

In fact, I AM HIM !!!!!!1

GLENN JONES has now been PAID IN FULL of US$35 hours before YOUR deadline given.

Feedback is now 106 and 100%.

Wrong Place for that homie.

Record dealers = You make the world go round

(Keep On --> Tavares)

Peace!

Discosearcher1

Complaints:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yes Jeff, he's right here on soulstrut looking at cha in the eyes.

In fact, I AM HIM !!!!!!1

GLENN JONES has now been PAID IN FULL of US$35 hours before YOUR deadline given.

Feedback is now 106 and 100%.

Wrong Place for that homie.

Record dealers = You make the world go round

(Keep On --> Tavares)

Peace!

Discosearcher1

Complaints:

Please don't be mad doggie. It's not like I said anything that wasn't true. Also, can we keep government names to a minimum, G*****e?

• OK - No problemo.

Please don't be mad doggie. It's not like I said anything that wasn't true. Also, can we keep government names to a minimum, G*****e?

• Options
    Why do I find this so easy to believe.

K.

• C'est la vie!

Etceteri, Etcetera!

Wow I now spend like 2 hours a month on soulstrut and THIS IS the first topic about 80's funk I see

Regarding shipping: I always wanna make sure I don't receive the record like this one (from some antique shop alike on ebay) so I may ask a few questions usually before auction (for obvious reasons):

I will always remember when I took the whole fucking day to explain what type of box, newspapers, tape, etc to take to package that modern soul collection from that lady in the states. Well worth the "for adults only" mdoer soul raer sutff.

DEALERS: Keep On Doin' Watcha Doin' -> Bobby Byrd

I now got... WORK TO DO -> ISLEY BROS

It's all love.

Have a nice day!

PS: CASHLESS - I got your PM - Don't worry about it - You have been paid at the last minute but ON TIME from MISTER 100% FEEDBACK. So NOTHING TO DO with "0" feedbacks folks from FRANCE who loves LE CHARGEBACK SUR LA CREDIT CARD. When i'm unsure, I ask the seller how much to package the LP with SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA-GIGA-PROTECTION (i'm paying for it). I have submitted only 1 paypal. Forget about the past - think about the future. "I Ain't Mad At Cha -> Tony Adderley". CASE CLOSED[/b]

Why do I find this so easy to believe.

K.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    chargeback shit is bullshit.
    just had an experience this week.

not boogie though.

guy takes 6 weeks to pay for a record and after 5 messages, finally pays.
    emails me two days later to ask whether the item has been shipped.
    THE NERVE.
    i explain table manners.

6 weeks later, without a peep prior, dispute opened on paypal. wouldn't you think one might contact me first to say they never received the record? but he got it.

now he's got my record and my money.

Just spent an hour on the phone with paypal regarding their procedure. bullshit.

lotusland- get a lawyer dude. seriously.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    chargeback shit is bullshit.
    just had an experience this week.

not boogie though.

guy takes 6 weeks to pay for a record and after 5 messages, finally pays.
    emails me two days later to ask whether the item has been shipped.
    THE NERVE.
    i explain table manners.

6 weeks later, without a peep prior, dispute opened on paypal. wouldn't you think one might contact me first to say they never received the record? but he got it.

now he's got my record and my money.

Just spent an hour on the phone with paypal regarding their procedure. bullshit.

lotusland- get a lawyer dude. seriously.

I'll write really officious letters full of legalese and threats in return for records. Seriously.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I just got a e-mail from a french modern soul bidder (dude actually prefaced his mail by calling himself a "French modern soul bidder").

He has a feedback of 16 all positive, but this thread, and other threads about French bidders have creeped me out. I feel like I shouldn't even offer shipping to France anymore.

As far as DanceonAmerica goes, I can vouch for him. He's bought from me in the past with no problems.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I'm about to send 6 $20-200 records to France (Austin record convention $), to bidders with feedback ranging from 6-1200. You better believe I'm getting a certificate of mailing to vouch for the shipment ($0.95).

• when does the official soulstrut approved grace period end and the chargeback become acceptable for not receiving the goods?

never pulled a chargeback before, but i am tempted after waiting 3.5 weeks and receiving e-mails explaining delays in shipping. (US to Canada sale)
    would i be wrong to cover my own ass at this point in the case?

I'm about to send 6 $20-200 records to France (Austin record convention $), to bidders with feedback ranging from 6-1200. You better believe I'm getting a certificate of mailing to vouch for the shipment ($0.95).
    if you get proof of shipment, how will you prove DELIVERY!!!!! your $.95 is down the toilet holmes.

may as well buy a snickers bar with it, the snicker will at least satisfy your appetite.

what is the service, how do you know it will work? most importantly, has this ever helped you before??

open challenge: anybody on this board ever win a chargeback dispute? and if so how?

shine the light.

lawyers are too expensive to hire for $25 records. DANNO get through college and become the 1st ever chargeback lawyer. or let's get class action on paypal & credit card companies at large for their terrible "buyer protection" policies which allow thesee fat loopholes.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    if you get proof of shipment, how will you prove DELIVERY!!!!! your $.95 is down the toilet holmes.

I've never needed it before, but if you give the buyer the option of insurance, and they reject it, and you prove that you shipped it, how can paypal recharge that if you dispute it?

anybody on this board ever win a chargeback dispute? and if so how?

Oh, gui...

• I've sold over 1,000 soul records (most of which were modern) since october. I'd say about 60% of my buyers have been from Europe...with a huge showing from France.

In that time, I have had 2 deals go sour with French buyers. Shit happends. If you're a high volume seller its expected to happen.

The best thing to do is put the jokers on your blocked bidders list and don't look back. Starting a blacklist against French non-payers is an idea that may hurt you in the long run. I know for a fact that a few French ebayers lurk on here as well. I would not want to be percieved as someone that discriminates by people from my biggest customer base.

It still boggles my mind how people in France know so much about 80's soul that people here in the US could give two shits about. Without the French, my sales would have been nowhere near as sucessful. If you sell 80's, I'm sure you already know this and are aware that exluding the French is not the best of moves.

I have nothing but love for the French...they turn buck bin throway into decent clams. God bless em.

VIVA LA FRANCE!

• Oh, gui...

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Discosearcher1

Complaints:

I can relate with that I think.

Two Words...

Tempest Trio

Remember Me?

You got that Fresh Mint, right?

• This is way too off topic.

I remember like if it was yesterday. Do you check your paypal activity at all ?????????

Any possibilities that you never got the paypal email ?????????

Paypal = US $18.49 = Tue Jan 10, 2006 = PAID IN FULL

On top of that you gave 2 different totals which is very confusing (RIGHT IN THE EBAY INVOICE YOU WROTE : yo - shipping is around x$/y$ blablabla).

On top of that, i'm still waiting for that record.

On top of that, this is not very professional.

Use email right now.

Discosearcher1

Complaints:

I can relate with that I think.

Two Words...

Tempest Trio

Remember Me?

You got that Fresh Mint, right?

• 100%

I have nothing but love for the French...they turn buck bin throway into decent clams. God bless em.

VIVA LA FRANCE!

sounds like you love money not people/music.

i like french people, that isn't what this is about. it is about being cheated. if you don't have any names to offer up, guess you're in the wrong post.

Hey compadres, danceonamerica may at times be difficult to deal with, but I personally guarantee that his intentions are decent and he is 100% honest. He's feeling maligned and while I don't know the specifics of the individual issues, I want folks to know he's an upstanding fellow. It's not for nothing that people call him the 'pride of repentigny'. He's also the real father of Celine Dion's kids. It's true, even though he'll deny it being the modest collector of disco and le 80s funk that he is. Now can I get some slap bass?

• While we're on the modern soul/boogie subject, here's a mp3 rip made by myself from a 12" I dug by myself back in the days in the province str8 from a charity shop (1997-1998 I think). So you know it's either 50 cents or a buck (Canadian of course).

www.eBay.com...

You know when there was no paypal in existence...

You know when I was digging BY MYSELF str8 from the crates my indie or US or CANADIAN northern soul 12"/modern soul lp's/12"/funk lp's/12" with absolutely NO intermediate than the seller than knows quite often nada about that LP/12". When you get back home : THE DEAL IS DONE.

You know when even MARS was a pleasure to go digging at (Tom ---> The store owner in Mtl could afford to QUOTE your QUEEN CONSTANCE or FRANK PENN "GIMME SOME SKIN" LP @ around 10-12$CAN when you were a modest student (even if he would have charged TOP US$$$ EBAY VALUE for it (that never happened) - the digging experience was INDEED an experience and WAY LESS a pain in the ass than most ebay buying!!)

You know when you were not buying from TOTAL STRANGERS at the other side of the planet and paying shipping all the time.

Credibility in the record world was almost ONLY at person-to-person thing.

Anyway, thoses DAYS OF CRATE DIGGING are almost GONE (except if you dig for complete UNTOUCHED VINYL WAREHOUSES from let's say 1985-1990 you may find some very decent surprises).

Unfortunately, a HIGH % of the good vinyl stuff goes online now.

You CAN afford it or you CAN'T.

I guess i'll take a serious break of ebay.

You can't get northern soul indies 12" for 1$ anymore like in 1999 (very serious boys and girls) or your 24 Karat Black on Stax at the pawn shop anymore.

Oh yeah, my auctions (like someone said on the board about the ebay market in another post) DOESN'T FUCK with PAYPAL. That means you have to invest US$3.45 on a INTERNATIONAL MONEY ODER or SEND CASH REGISTERED or MONEY TRANSFER. This way I get a lower number of bids so the "young" or "not rich purists" or let's say the "on a low budget purists" of music and records can more afford the records. Not necessarily listing doubles/triples/quadriples/etc. The most important is listing GOOD records.

YES, I AM AWARE THAT I MAKE LESS PROFIT THAT WAY. This record game is not 100% about money (well, to me). This way i'm sure I won't have problems with chargebacks and TO DEAL with a buisiness called paypal NOT ruled by the USA banking law system so in result that CAN go bankruptcy anytime just for fun (get it ????????????????????????????) or can cause you SERIOUS PROBLEMS.

Yeah, back in the day it was really strictly about the love of music.

Have a nice day y'all, I have to prepare stuff/records to listen and i'm going back to school soon (life is really fascinating AWAY from soulstrut)

PS: Tom - I wish you good luck with that paypal issue (seriously).

• PS #2: Danno -> Banking law (serious $$$$$$ there)

• I have nothing but love for the French...they turn buck bin throway into decent clams. God bless em.

VIVA LA FRANCE!

sounds like you love money not people/music.

i like french people, that isn't what this is about. it is about being cheated. if you don't have any names to offer up, guess you're in the wrong post.

whoah looks like you've taken my post completely the wrong way

So you're gonna tell me that you sell on ebay not for the money? but for the love of people/music? gimme a break

and yeah I really don't like music....riiight!

dude, shit happends. People from all over the world can cheat you. Just letting you know that there are French ebayers that lurk here and starting a blacklist of French ebayers might not be the best look.

take it easy.

• JazoistJazoist 78 Posts
    Well, as a comment, I would like to say that I know at least a few that would fit the description. they have these fake aliases, I think. But I can't proove anything. I learned from that there's a lot of unneccesary discussion possible.

You can just block just about anyone with a zero feedback, being French is not a matter.
    Sellers feel reluctant about the 'new feedback regime' that started last year. I forgot what that was about, but it seemed to make sense.
    And if you compare the whole world to a few (mainly Japanese) bidders because they are buying records exactly the right way, it would mean that you almost always know what you're going to get for a record, unless you really make a craze to be going on. Kind of like having erotic intelligence, works out like this I'm afraid. And naturally French sure have that (in general) ...