I'm excited about Revenge of the Sith (hate me)

DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    I can't get excited about this. The last two were such garbage (especially the last one). I hear Sith is supposed to be a lot darker/adult. If so I'll rent it.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I can't get excited about this. The last two were such garbage (especially the last one). I hear Sith is supposed to be a lot darker/adult. If so I'll rent it.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    I liked the last one. The first one blew.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ONE was DooDOO and Two was REal GOod. Lucas has to rescue the franchise with
    this third one. Who kills Samuel Jackson?

I'm also having trouble getting over seeing Yoda in a light saber battle. I find myself stifling laughter at the sight of a flying muppet with a sword...

Rubbery little puppet I am![/b]

• This shit is gonna rule so hard.
    I already got my tickets for the midnight showing, first thing on Thursday.

I have a feeling that Lucas knows how his diehard fans feel about the two
    most recent Star Wars flicks, and that this is his last chance to a) win them
    back, and b) complete the whole story. It does look much darker, as it should,
    given the story, and think of how good Empire was in regards to its darkness
    (no Charlie Murphy).

Tons of fighting, a whole planet of Wookiees, Anakin becoming Darth, and
    maybe Jar Jar will get killed off.

M

• TeemuTTeemuT 7 Posts
    I`m excited little about ROTS, but I`m anxious to see this:

http://www.impstherelentless.com/

Who kills Samuel Jackson?

???

or

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I could honestly give a shit about this, but, i was watching the commercial, and i noticed a younger darth vader had a smaller helmet. does this strike anyone else as retarded?

and think of how good Empire was in regards to its darkness

(no Charlie Murphy).

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I`m excited little about ROTS, but I`m anxious to see this:

http://www.impstherelentless.com/

come on dude, does it get any dorkier?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The first two Star Wars movies were cool, Empire Strikes Back was a good movie. The rest of the Star Wars Movies are WACK! I have not seen any since that TERRIBLE epiode one thing. All the movies since Empire Strikes Back seem like they have been made for little kids. Ewoks, Jar Jar binks and all kinds of other dumb ass characters. If you want to see this kind of stuff just watch sesame street. Most Star Wars fans REALLY need to come down to earth and stop being so involved with these movies. Plaese to watch "Star Wars" nerds clip that features Triumph The Insult Comic Dog. DUMB FUNNY!!!!!!!!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/nerds.html

From Variety, Tue., Apr. 5, 2005

Inside Move: Fanatics laying it on the line
    'Star Wars' fans stew in queue

By GABRIEL SNYDER

If a movie isn't playing at a theater, will its fans still line up outside? For "Star Wars" fans, the answer is a befuddling yes.
    Saturday, 46 days before "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" opens on May 19, the trilogy's enthusiasts began their vigil outside Grauman's Chinese Theater.

Problem is 20th Century Fox doesn't plan to open the film at the Chinese, opting instead for the ArcLight a few blocks east.

"Star Wars" or no, the diehards are resolute about keeping their line on Hollywood Boulevard.

Underneath a make-shift awning yesterday afternoon, 11 people were in line doing what appeared to be homework, pecking at laptops and talking to members of the media.

"We've heard all this before," said Sarah Sprague, one of the designated spokesmen for the group. In 1999 and 2002, there were plenty of rumors (ultimately false) that the previous two pics weren't going to open at the Chinese.

This year the rumors seem to be true. Fox and the ArcLight haven't finalized their "Star Wars" deal, but execs on both sides say they expect "Revenge of the Sith" to play the ArcLight and not the Chinese.

A media-savvy bunch, those waiting at the Chinese hope press interest in covering (and most likely mocking) them would persuade George LucasGeorge Lucas and Fox to move the booking.

And Sprague was adamant the line isn't moving to the ArcLight. "This is still the epicenter for 'Star Wars' fans. For the big iconic pictures of the 1970s, people lining up were here. They weren't at the Cinerama Dome."

Their other reason is that it'd be more difficult to raise money for their charity Starlight Starbright if they weren't on Hollywood. However, cops won't let fans collect donations from passersby; instead, they pass out pamphlets with a Web site address.

"Even if it's not here, we'll just go see it somewhere else. We're not doing this just for the movie." Besides, she added, "What's the point of lining up at the ArcLight if someone is going to go online and get the best seat in the house?"

But wouldn't that still make more sense than spending a month outside a theater that isn't playing the movie?

"Lining up for anything, what part of that makes any sense?" she responded philosophically.

As theaters normally do, the ArcLight is likely to ask Fox that it be the only theater playing "Revenge of the Sith" in the immediate area. And even if it doesn't, Paramount confirmed it will open "The Longest Yard" at the Chinese the week after "Revenge," which means Fox won't want to book the theater for just one week. (Paramount partly owns Mann Theaters.)

The kerfuffle has inspired some soul-searching among the fans, and they have discovered that standing in a "Star Wars" line is actually more important than seeing a "Star Wars" film.

"The telling thing is -- for me, at least -- if the film is not playing at the Chinese ... I have zero desire to see it at all," a fan who calls himself Obi Geewhyen posted on the message board at Liningup.net. "I'm in it for the lineup only and don't give a darn about the conclusion of this lackluster, so-called 'Star Wars' series."

Hope springs eternal, Sprague said. After the last two "Star Wars" films, "We're all a little beaten down," she said. "But this one could be it!"
    Date in print: Wed., Apr. 6, 2005, Los Angeles

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    Haydn Christian is the one of the WORST actors I've ever had the misfortune to see. The plot asks for intensity and what does he do? Point his face downwards, look up and knit them brows. So toy it's fuckin embarrassing.

so fucking tired of people saying "oh, star wars and empire were so good, but these new one's suck."

dude! they all fucking suck (in the terms people critique the others). ease up. have some fun.

go see Palindrome or some shit if you want complex character development.

I'm gonna eat some brownies and watch me some kiddie shit.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I could honestly give a shit about this, but, i was watching the commercial, and i noticed a younger darth vader had a smaller helmet. does this strike anyone else as retarded?

The Darth Vader In Episode 4 is twenty years older,hence the big head.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Word me to, I hope it aint crap like the last 2 but I'm a sucker for midnight showings, I'm going to rock my Mace Windu Jedi Push Up's on kids they don't even know... Maybe everyone here could meet up toghther and wear costumes.... RAD CHEWY Where ya at!

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    I'm also having trouble getting over seeing Yoda in a light saber battle. I find myself stifling laughter at the sight of a flying muppet with a sword...

um......game over?

I'll still see this new one, gotta see the series through.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    The first two Star Wars movies were cool, Empire Strikes Back was a good movie. The rest of the Star Wars Movies are WACK! I have not seen any since that TERRIBLE epiode one thing. All the movies since Empire Strikes Back seem like they have been made for little kids.

They were meant for kids in the first place.
    I'm all about Return Of The Jedi. Good shit.
    Episode III looks promising to say the least.

+ a great inspiration for blazing downtempo

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

one of my favorite LP & CD covers of all time (heck, one of my fave mo'wax tunes, too)

I have this on CD, LP, and the clear vinyl 12" from Japan

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

I thought something looked off about him, like he lost some weight or something. It's the helmet?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I'd like them to go back to using the little models and all that. The computer shit just sucks. Plus, how is it they had robot soldiers BEFORE the later ones, when they didn't have any?

WTF?

Oh and I don't feel like a dork because Star Wars is hip hop:

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Plus, how is it they had robot soldiers BEFORE the later ones, when they didn't have any?

WTF?

I guess the theory is that the Clone Wars ravaged everything and the star systems were left in a "post-appocalyptic" type state where technology was scarce. That is why everything looks like it was made from old metal scraps in "A new hope"/"Empire Strikes Back" and "Jedi"

i have said too much.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Haydn Christian is the one of the WORST actors I've ever had the misfortune to see. The plot asks for intensity and what does he do? Point his face downwards, look up and knit them brows. So toy it's fuckin embarrassing.

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY

That love scene with him and Natalie Portman in the last movie was hands down some of the worst acting i've ever seen.

holla

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    some people at work already saw it. said it was pretty and they're star wars fans

Plus, how is it they had robot soldiers BEFORE the later ones, when they didn't have any?

WTF?

I guess the theory is that the Clone Wars ravaged everything and the star systems were left in a "post-appocalyptic" type state where technology was scarce. That is why everything looks like it was made from old metal scraps in "A new hope"/"Empire Strikes Back" and "Jedi"

i have said too much.

dont feel too bad. I was aware of this as well.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    They showed the movie at my work on Wednesday. I was too busy - but the guy next to me, who is huuuuge Stars Wars fan - said it was far better than the previous two.

I guess every question is answered and there's tons of action. The only sad part is - obviously the jedi loses. I think after I see it i'm going to have to watch return of the jedi just so i can rest assured that yoda finishes on top.

They showed the movie at my work on Wednesday. I was too busy - but the guy next to me, who is huuuuge Stars Wars fan - said it was far better than the previous two.

I guess every question is answered and there's tons of action. The only sad part is - obviously the jedi loses. I think after I see it i'm going to have to watch return of the jedi just so i can rest assured that yoda finishes on top.

can we watch it at your work again? I have a feeling I might enjoy it if I dont have to pay for it.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    not sure - although i'd really like to see it on the iMax. I'll definatley keep you updated if I hear anything.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    so fucking tired of people saying "oh, star wars and empire were so good, but these new one's suck."

dude! they all fucking suck (in the terms people critique the others). ease up. have some fun.

go see Palindrome or some shit if you want complex character development.

I'm gonna eat some brownies and watch me some kiddie shit.

huge cosign holmes.

it's just a movie to make you feel like a kid again.

enjoy.