Before I go home, list some $$$ Over-rated records

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited November 2015 in Record Collecting
nathan davis IF is nice for 20 but for more I say over rated but that's me(Traded mine for the Helles Belles ST)... I don't pay more than 20 unless it's got at least 4 heat tracks!!! ??? Well maybe 30 cause I could use it as a trade... Who else thinks this is over-rated??? (Here come the whips! I like that!)...Also Eugene McDaniels Outlaw and yes I will get rid of my copy for $ or trade... PM if you want....

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Also Eugene McDaniels Outlaw and yes I will get rid of my copy for $ or trade... PM if you want....

that record sucks ass

• dhrupickdhrupick 21 Posts
    the Helles Belles ST

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts

$1000 snooze-fest.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    over-discussed on SS, Steam Heat - Austin Funk (just plain bad)

• ryanryan 334 Posts

Also Eugene McDaniels Outlaw and yes I will get rid of my copy for $ or trade... PM if you want....

that record sucks ass

i actually like this record, but everyone i play it for hates it too. i would say its a $$ not $$$ record.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    360?? - Pelon. It's good but not $500 good.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    360?? - Pelon. It's good but not $500 good.

as far as "random rap" goes, there are far worse records in that price range.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Terry Callier - What Color Is Love

I know people who talked this one up... Bought a repress and didn't think it was anything special at all. Found an OG copy for $4 eventually and flipped it for $50. I know $50 isn't big baller or anything but that's more than I'd pay for that album.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Delay, your avatar is tripping me out.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

I know people who talked this one up... Bought a repress and didn't think it was anything special at all. Found an OG copy for $4 eventually and flipped it for $50. I know $50 isn't big baller or anything but that's more than I'd pay for that album.

I'd pay twice if the condition is correct. One of the few lps that I wouldn't have a problem paying for.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts

I'd pay twice if the condition is correct. One of the few lps that I wouldn't have a problem paying for.

Pity you weren't around when I had the album a few years back. My copy was a white label promo in pristine condition, no scratches to be seen. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Pity you weren't around when I had the album a few years back. My copy was a white label promo in pristine condition, no scratches to be seen. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Most $$$ records suck.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Most $$$ records suck.

hattoire de rigeur

I don't see you yappin that mess when I's sellin you some raerlike grails off me wall?

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts

that record sucks ass

i actually like this record, but everyone i play it for hates it too. i would say its a $$ not $$$ record.

One cut is good but not worht the $$$ not like Headless Heros I'm your flying Gulotine Record not that is worth 1/2 what it goes for unless you produce then it's worth everysent for them Drams, Yes Drams!

Most $$$ records suck.

hattoire de rigeur

I don't see you yappin that mess when I's sellin you some raerlike grails off me wall?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

that record sucks ass

One cut is good but not worht the $$$ not like Headless Heros I'm your flying Gulotine Record not that is worth 1/2 what it goes for unless you produce then it's worth everysent for them Drams, Yes Drams!

You can get an Outlaw for only $25. That's not a waste of money.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    I actually paid $40 at the time 25 if I liked the cut word!

I think Outlaw is just as good as Headless Heros. Maybe better even.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Unlistenable Big Buck Prog LP: Yezda Urfa

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    this thread needs more pictures.

• $1000 snooze-fest.

People hate on that record, and it is in no way worth the asking price of an original, but Steve's Jam is a good song.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

true.......that's what I need but I haven't come across one yet.

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts

Junipher Greene-Freindship. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Headless Heroes, to me, lives up to the potential. Outlaw is more like a good idea that never got off the ground...has its' moments, plus a BOSS album cover (B&W shot of McDaniels with two cute hippychicks and they're all carrying rifles), but not really Hall Of Fame material.

Outlaw was the first album I bought between the two, so I was really surprised that Headless turned out to be such a monster.

HOWEVER...that "Tell Me Mr.President" single on Atlantic wasn't a big deal.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Headless Heroes, to me, lives up to the potential. Outlaw is more like a good idea that never got off the ground...has its' moments, plus a BOSS album cover (B&W shot of McDaniels with two cute hippychicks and they're all carrying rifles), but not really Hall Of Fame material.

Outlaw was the first album I bought between the two, so I was really surprised that Headless turned out to be such a monster.

HOWEVER...that "Tell Me Mr.President" single on Atlantic wasn't a big deal.

yeah that 45 is no good.

im a big fan of outlaw. probably listen to it more than headless heroes. notsayin its better, btw. cherry stones is a monster, reverend lee is a great song, and i love the "lala smoke a joint" song.

overrated= marie queenie lyons LP
    id didnt pay for mine, so i feel no noeed to get rid of it...but ehhh
    see and dont see is good. get the 45.

beginning if the end- superwoman LP
    dissapointing highly. luckily i only dropped a dollar on it.

solomon king stk is mighty weak.

hate to say it, but TOBE is less than a one tracker. its just that one superstar moment is one of the illest things anywhere. i dropped 80 on it and id do it again.

eastbound catalog is suspect. hail ceaser can suck it. give me ceaser 75 any day.

dear delay,
    its a little crazy that any of the obscure rap joints are going for 300,400,500...
    but the pelon 12 is hardly overrated. 2 dope tracks, a thorough interlude and the ghost of paulC hovering over the whole thing. top shelf, no question.