What's the most you have spent at the post office?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
$111

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    $108

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    2.5 hrs. Time = money y'all

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    At first I thought it was time spent. I was there for 45 minutes, because only one person was helping everyone. Fuckis.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I had to send a big box of videos to a cat in South Africa via air mail a few years back. $215.00 to send the videos.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    2.5 hrs. Time = money y'all

I hear that (says the guy with the least efficient post office in NJ)...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Back when I was working for a hip-hop mail order and they didn't have an account, we would take a taxi with 2 dudes in the back and stacks of boxes... spent over $500 a few times...

peace.

• 94.6 euros

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I think I spent somewhere around $150 or so about a month back.

• 2 bills plus a couple score

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yeah, like around $250.00.

...and whomever hipped me to the Paypal Debit Card good looking, don't know how I got along without it.

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    over 2 bills...

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    Yeah, like around $250.00.

...and whomever hipped me to the Paypal Debit Card good looking, don't know how I got along without it.

i agree. i think it was big chan that hipped me with some post a while back. this shit is invaluable.

the most i have spent is like 200. about a couple weeks back.

dave

• In one shot, I'll spend easily over $100 sending jazz records to Japan and those heavy ass Mosaic sets to Europe, three times a week. They love me there.

Recently I totaled up my USPS charges out of curiosity - $2,300 in two months.

Wonder what AP's one time shipping bill high will be after that last auction? Or is hand delivering them all?

Deep beats and deep crates,

SonicReducer

(TEAMAARON)

• Options
    $500+, but that was both my list and eBAy... and a week of slacking.

K>

P.S. ...and that's Canadian.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    2 bills plus a couple score

yes. they love/hate me at the PO

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    $500+, but that was both my list and eBAy... and a week of slacking.

K>

P.S. ...and that's Canadian.

500 Candian.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    Has anyone ever scored collections from a postal clerk? DC postal clerks fit the profile I'm stalking. sorry

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Has anyone ever scored collections from a postal clerk? DC postal clerks fit the profile I'm stalking. sorry

Nope, though my mail carrier once said "You collect records huh?"
    I said yeah. He asks what I collect. I tell him rare funk and soul, mostly 1960's.
    "Like Motown?"
    "Uhhhh...sort of, sometimes. More like mostly stuff you haven't heard of."
    "Uhhhhhh.......(postman's eye glaze over)

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Nope, though my mail carrier once said "You collect records huh?"
    I said yeah. He asks what I collect. I tell him rare funk and soul, mostly 1960's.
    "Like Motown?"
    "Uhhhh...sort of, sometimes. More like mostly stuff you haven't heard of."
    "Uhhhhhh.......(postman's eye glaze over)

Both of those scenarios happened to me.

One dude at the post office i go to brought in his collection for me to have. There was some good stuff, but a lot of crap.

Pitched the crap, sold and kept the goodies.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    Thing is. I been insuring shit for lots of money. So this one dude is trying to sell me his collection thinking he's got a bunch of $200 lps. Maybe he does?

• anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts

Wonder what AP's one time shipping bill high will be after that last auction? Or is hand delivering them all?

last week three drop offs...

$1668.73
    $1730.40
    $1884.45

special arrangement with the venice beach post office.

drive up to the back gate and blow my horn, drop that shit in a gurney, hand off the blank check and roll. big dude status at the usps. so glamourous... NOT.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

last week three drop offs...

$1668.73
    $1730.40
    $1884.45

special arrangement with the venice beach post office.

drive up to the back gate and blow my horn, drop that shit in a gurney, hand off the blank check and roll. big dude status at the usps. so glamourous... NOT.

I always wondered how the big dudes roll.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    over 3 hundred on a regular basis

postmaster smallwood was jocking me not to leave the venice beach branch. these post offices get funded by revenue. big dude post offices get big dude funding. muthafuggers be sending me christmas cards and shit. i still miss the days of the 6am parking lot sale however. ebay gives you ulcers.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Tell those bastards to give me my Moder Dance records, or I'ma come to hippie beach & shank them!!!

Tell those bastards to give me my Moder Dance records, or I'ma come to hippie beach & shank them!!!

oh fuk...

let me know if you do not see it soon.

ap

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    got a daily limit of $125 on my postage meter. usually max it out thryce a week.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    and i usually recycle the cardboard

• 'round 175-200$CAN