how did soulstrut find your???!

rookrook 357 Posts
edited May 2005 in Soul Strut
question: how did yall come to this glorious place? the bigtimers having been here for a minute, assumingly, found it because they are bigtimers. but tha little folks, well, we have our stories.i was searching for the early memphix catalogue on google, and there was a dope thread trying to figure out memphix 3.. and i noted the site, but didnt join. later in the month, i was after the notorious gene tilley/jb green 45 and soulstrut came up again on a googly. so i joined. donated 5 bucks and. now i strutter

Comments

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    was on the crates mailinglist and heard it mentioned there. later on, DesOne on the board introduced me to this ism.

• anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
    question: how did yall come to this glorious place? the bigtimers having been here for a minute, assumingly, found it because they are bigtimers. but tha little folks, well, we have our stories.

i was searching for the early memphix catalogue on google, and there was a dope thread trying to figure out memphix 3.. and i noted the site, but didnt join. later in the month, i was after the notorious gene tilley/jb green 45 and soulstrut came up again on a googly. so i joined. donated 5 bucks and. now i strutter

gnarls.

i found soulstrut because someone was talking shit about me on there.

now post some more of that american HEAT. northern lights private issue alazka raerz forever.

radical.

ap

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Referred by a friend, many years ago.......

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I used to read the-braeks forum a lot.

And they were sometimes talking bout SS or the strut and how much you guys liked each other

So I checked it out and liked it.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Referred by a friend a while back.......

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    bid on one of Raj's auctions and followed the link...I didnt win the record

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    question: how did yall come to this glorious place? the bigtimers having been here for a minute, assumingly, found it because they are bigtimers. but tha little folks, well, we have our stories.

i was searching for the early memphix catalogue on google, and there was a dope thread trying to figure out memphix 3.. and i noted the site, but didnt join. later in the month, i was after the notorious gene tilley/jb green 45 and soulstrut came up again on a googly. so i joined. donated 5 bucks and. now i strutter

gnarls.

now post some more of that american HEAT. northern lights private issue alazka raerz forever.

radical.

ap

me too! I found it when some people were talking shit about me, DIZZY BULL specifically. Now I run tings. How you like me now, suckers?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I heard about my homeboy Delay's notorious introduction. So, I checked the site around then. Damn, its been awhile now, but that doesnt mean some of you shouldnt be looking over your shoulders...

-k

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I was playing pinball at MJ's, and was doing a pretty high score on Meteor. I got a free credit so the whole machine went pa-KAHK and I played.

After that game, I moved to Time Warp, which was this baby blue machine with hooked flippers. the ball would go down and it would have a mean slope and then FELEAUX-WOOOOOOOP!

I went next door for some seedless li hing mui, and that's how I got here.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    raj emailed me and said "yo check out my website about beats." I came, I saw ...and 3+ yrs later I'm still fuckin here.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    raj emailed me and said "yo check out my website about beats." I came, I saw ...and 3+ yrs later I'm still fuckin here.

Excellent!

Nah, for me, I was on the Crates list for a long time, and eventually found myself here when that shut down. Not as good as the li hing mui story, but there you go.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

As a little dude, I was looking for information on some records I wanted buy and found the "Reviews" section on the main site;
    peeped the Forum for some time, and almost 2 years later, I??m a SS addicted.

Peace

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Direction of UndertheRadar Kamanchi, I have a last name for everyone on here... For example:

Big Chan Williams
    IronFeet Jenkins & MangoMan Jenkins, & Fonzee Jenkins we all fam!

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    I cant for the life of me remember how I got here.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

gnarls.

Hi, that would be me

I found this place by accident through a google search. I just checked the front page for months then one day I clicked on the message board and here I am.

You can all thank me with raers for bringing AP with my gentle come hithers.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Me either.

I remember being excited about finding les mccann in 2000 and then it's all a blur.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

Woke up after a lost weekend in a 'Letters to Things and People' thread, covered in dog whiz and old newspapers...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Nah, for me, I was on the Crates list for a long time, and eventually found myself here when that shut down. Not as good as the li hing mui story, but there you go.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I think Jake Weezey or Supreme told me about the SS site a few years back and I've been on here with you folls ever since then.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I did a search for "Leo Sayer" on google and Soul Strut was up in there...

peace.

• bid on one of Raj's auctions and followed the link...I won the record

• I cant for the life of me remember how I got here.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I think it was from a list or a board. Stupid Internet has probably ruined my life 3 times over by now. No, no 3 Times Dope.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Through the Blaxploitation Site.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    I have been slowly building my knowledge of where this music that I love has all come from... its like a family tree... Dope music branches out to all these different areas and it all fucking nuts.. anyway my hommie was always on this site and he knows a lot about records so I joined and I'm still trying to learn.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    I came to SoulStrut after w-w.soul24-7.com, a UK-based internet soul radio station, went out of business and their website was shut down. Talked about mucho Modern Soul over there.

SG

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I was bidding on auctions in my second incarnation of my ebay alias, and noticed this soulstrut character had all the good canadian library records. Like many others, I clicked on the front page for about two years, listening to mixes and readng those reviews. I got my job and personal computer a few months ago and realized there was a message board, and that message boards aren't geeky.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

on some strength!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

gnarls.

Hi, that would be me

I found this place by accident through a google search. I just checked the front page for months then one day I clicked on the message board and here I am.

You can all thank me with raers for bringing AP with my gentle come hithers.

I was on the phone with Day-O and basically he started talking about the "Le Toupt" thing....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Nah, for me, I was on the Crates list for a long time, and eventually found myself here.