Rulie Garcia - What's Good?

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I have a 45 of Rulie Garcia and the East LA Congregation doing 'Que Pasa (What's Happening)' part 1 mono/stereo on a UA promo, and it's really good. Is there a part 2? Or an album?

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    just going to bump this up once before I let it die...

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    Yes, there is a part two. Supposedly there's an LP available. He also did another 45..something having to do with money ie: Billionare. Can't rememeber if it's the label name, track or what.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    It turns out Hypwax has a bit of information..

45s:

[Rulie Garcia & the] Brown Brothers of Soul: Cholo/Poquito Soul; Specialty 698

Rulie Garcia & the East L.A. Congregation: Be My Girl Blues/Sabrosito; Billionaire 1027 (Sabrosito/[same]; United Artists 51104; 1972)

Rulie Garcia & the East L.A. Congregation: Que Pasa Part 1/mono; United Artists UA-XW263-W; 1973 (promo)

I didn't know about that Brown Brothers of Soul - is that Pucho Brown and the Latin Soul Brothers?

Then in the album section, it cryptically mentions:

Rulie Garcia & the East L.A. Congregation: [4 LPs on Billionaire]

4?!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    There's also 'Do The Babalu'/'Buzz Buzz Buzz' by the Garcia Brothers on Ruly from the early 60s.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    he has 3 lp's very tuff to find...
    rulie garcia aka jonny chingas aka brown brothers of soul...
    ill post pics when i get a chance...

peace

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I do have the "Que Pasa" 7", my copy is a one-sided promo as well...but I also heard this BIZARRE Garcia recording called something like "Prescription Rock & Roll?" It sounds like one of Frank Zappa's parodies of fifties rock; one line has a reference to "saliva on my pillow"?!? At any rate, anybody knows what's up with THIS one? Is this on one of the rare LP's mentioned? Not making this up; info, pleez...

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    It turns out Hypwax has a bit of information..

45s:

[Rulie Garcia & the] Brown Brothers of Soul: Cholo/Poquito Soul; Specialty 698

Brown Brothers of Soul and Pucho and the Latin Soul Brothers are two different groups.

BTW 'Cholo' is the shit...[/b]