dont you hate totally insulting trade offers?

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited October 2015 in Record Collecting
... i do.
TAGGED:

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    ... i do.
    Details please.

• speak on it.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

speak on it.

• look i dont know... i cant even say these people are on soulstrut, they sure watch it though and took my set sale list to the max with these absurd offers.

firstly... how come all of you people of the world price ALL of your trade shit in GREAT BRITISH POUNDS? i mean come on. you can be in finland. in germany. in france. these goddamn lists keep coming in and the prices in trade value are in POUNDS. POUNDS... $1.85 to the dollar. the majority of these folls are NOT in the UK! they sure love them POUNDS though when it comes to trade.

four lists in the past 10 days like this!

since you buy records for US DOLLARS please put the lists in US DOLLARS or at least EUROS but POUNDS? that is like me charging my customers in POUNDS. it is stupid. oh you won that jimmy smith root down for $50? oh well i know i am in the US but that price is in POUNDS so please send me $92.50. got it?

asking me to send the records first... send it registered... as if i am not a known dealer or somthing... yea dude im gonna rip you off.

i wanted a record off some dudes list. he marks it 80 POUNDS. he wants a $50 peice from my list. OK. im like ill send you the record and some cash... for some reason he wants POUNDS and lots of them. even though he loves buying records for US DOLLARS he wants to charge POUNDS when he trades with a US BUYER. so... $130 USD plus the $50 record. this is for a record that sold on ebay yesterday for $43 and sells mint for $70 to $80 USD.

THIS POST IS NOT DIRECTED TO ANYONE IN PARTICULAR. JUST ALL OF YOU DUDES WHO KEEP BUGGING THE SHIT OUT OF ME. SHAKE A FAIR TRADE AND STOP GRIPPING DUDES. I AM SO EASY TO WORK WITH IT IS ABSURD.

quit wasting my time dudes. i got other things to do.

rant over.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Dude! If you don't think the Lavender Jane I offered you is worth my asking price of 300 pounds - 10 bob and 6.5 quid, just say so! Keep you damn Gypsy Nova!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    AP....

How many Condoms = 1 Pound???

• if records are going in two directions why must it always be the most expensive currency that dudes want to get paid in. hey dude i am sending you a record offered in USD and you are sending one in POUNDS. split the difference maybe?

and for all of you folls from norway, belgium, italy, france pricing me lists in BRITISH POUNDS please get lost. you dont live in the UK. you dont eat at burger king for $27 USD so quit trying to inflate your records with someone elses currency.

it is the LAMEST SHIT EVAR.

ap

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Here's my gift to strutters worlwide:

Bloomberg Currency Calculator

Exchange rates for dunnies

• firstly... how come all of you people of the world price ALL of your trade shit in GREAT BRITISH POUNDS? i mean come on. you can be in finland. in germany. in france. these goddamn lists keep coming in and the prices in trade value are in POUNDS. POUNDS... $1.85 to the dollar. the majority of these folls are NOT in the UK! they sure love them POUNDS though when it comes to trade.

four lists in the past 10 days like this!

Yo....you got my list recently where everything is listed in pounds. The reason for that; is that I mainly sell my records in Denmark. I can add an extra 0 and I have the price in Danish kroner.....or almost but that's the calculation that I use when selling in Denmark since it's pretty close.

Since I also trade with people outside Denmark once in a while, I prefer to list my prices in pounds instead of kroner. I'm not sure too many people know how much a "krone" is worth.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I think weak trade offers are a patented theme on Soul Strut, no?

• I think weak trade offers are a patented theme on Soul Strut, no?

Oh i don't know i have had pretty good experience trading with (serious) guys on here, although there is certainly something to be said about the lax standard of grading...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Last time I traded with an oversea's strutter, I got a record that skips with tons of ringwear. Sigh...

• yea i got it... but tell mr former LIRA from ITALY to take his GREAT BRITISH POUNDS trade list and shuv it.

we are TRADING record here. this is not a cash deal. the POUND is like 2 to 1 on the USD. i want to swap even since it is TRADE. this i not a CASH deal. split the price between the pound and dollar?

as far as i am concerned my shit is LUXEMBOURG and your shit is a 1980's MEXICAN PESO.

DEAL WITH IT.

• CAN I GET A WEAK TRADE GRAEMLIN?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

as far as i am concerned my shit is LUXEMBOURG and your shit is a 1980's MEXICAN PESO.

• I know this is a little different,but I've had some very insulting trade and cash offers from a certain shop in Philly.Allow me to say that I realize shop owners in large cities have huge overhead and can't realistically offer "the going rate" for stuff.I realize they need to try to buy low sell high or whatever.But,um...one time I brought in 23 different BYG/Actuel titles(OG's)to Philly Record Exchange.I was offered $15 total for all of them by Chris.He knew what they were worth and he absolutely knew that I knew what they were worth.It was like a big "fuck you".I just had to laugh at him and split.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    tha_Mole and I value our records in ringpops before trading. You guys should try it.

• " I know this is a little different,but I've had some very insulting trade and cash offers from a certain shop... "

OK LETS ROCK THAT TOPIC AMOEBA RECORDS ANYONE?

• chrischris 287 Posts
    I know this is a little different,but I've had some very insulting trade and cash offers from a certain shop in Philly.Allow me to say that I realize shop owners in large cities have huge overhead and can't realistically offer "the going rate" for stuff.I realize they need to try to buy low sell high or whatever.But,um...one time I brought in 23 different BYG/Actuel titles(OG's)to Philly Record Exchange.I was offered $15 total for all of them by Chris.He knew what they were worth and he absolutely knew that I knew what they were worth.It was like a big "fuck you".I just had to laugh at him and split.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    I don't get it.
    He wanted you to pay almost ??80 and throw in a $50 record... for a ??80 record????

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    BUT why does people get worked up over euro heads using pounds?
    Doesn't really matter does it? Either it's a fair price in dollars, euros (which he ought to be using here actually), pounds, slotti etc whatever. or it's not.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

How do I give this thread 5 stars?

Oh, and I hear you on trades at the Philly Record Exchange.....

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    " I know this is a little different,but I've had some very insulting trade and cash offers from a certain shop... "

OK LETS ROCK THAT TOPIC AMOEBA RECORDS ANYONE?

I know I've mentioned this on the board before but it bares repeating

Amoeba will rip you off completely. One of my friends used to work the pricing counter there and he let me know the deal. If you've traded records there you've seen them break your stack down into different pricing piles. Do yourself a favor next time and ask them what each pile is worth. They will have piles such as .25 a piece .01 a piece and .00 a piece. In the end they just give you the overall price but yes they will set themselves up with a "free" pile and not let you know that thats the "price" they are willing to pay for your vinyl.

• BUT why does people get worked up over euro heads using pounds?
    Doesn't really matter does it? Either it's a fair price in dollars, euros (which he ought to be using here actually), pounds, slotti etc whatever. or it's not.

yeah i don't get it. unless he means there are just numbers with no denomination listed or something.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Would Chester Thompson on Black Jazz for Hair and Thangs fall into this category?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Would Chester Thompson on Black Jazz for Hair and Thangs fall into this category?

heh........ yeah

• tha_Mole and I value our records in ringpops before trading. You guys should try it.

Good one. That shit made me laugh.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

It most certainly would, and althogh I am sure this is supposed to be some sort of dig at me I am not sure for what.

I'm guessing Daniel doesn't feel complete until he can prove how much of a smug asshole he can be on the daily. Don't you have some black people to look down upon or something? Stay out of this conversation you offer nothing of interest.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It most certainly would, and althogh I am sure this is supposed to be some sort of dig at me I am not sure for what.

Perhaps several of the dastardly dealings that have been attributed to you on this board over the years have gotten jumbled together in my memory... I'm sure hcrink or aaronbobo could clarify matters.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I think several of the dastardly dealings that have been attributed to you on this board over the years may have gotten jumbled together in my memory... I'm sure hcrink or aaronbobo could clarify matters.

Daniel in all seriousness just stop. you are not funny, nor are you doing anything but trying to be an annoying asshole (in which you are succeeding beautifully). Keep your bullshit that has nothing to do with nothing to yourself. Perhaps you should attempt to do some work or take some time to go outside and walk around instead of spitting out whatever repressed unable to deal with the real world situations rhetoric you use soulstrut for.