WOW (MarcoFunk Related)

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i don't know that record by Dominic Troiano?? it looks like ass.

how can we direct this character to my auctions? I've got tons of small label funky/jazzy crap that i'd even give a discount- how about $100 a pop.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

This LP that he won is nothing short of mailer packaging.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    "OK class, raise your hand if you've ever intentionally tried to set a keyword trap for marcofunk in an eBay auction."

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wow so canadian records are on demand I see that hagood harvy for 19.99 ok but this is plain ridiculous.
    2 things
    1-imagine spending 250 at a record store instead
    2- Imagine someone trying to sell this 12 inch for 10 or even 8$

no intendo

n*te props on the burton lady gold (rocking the classy design)
    aleit hit me on the trade pm

• you obviously dont know what a $230 reecord looks like...

members only peanut moustace foll.

In any case, I think Marco hit "Black Man Funky Soul" on the head with this one.

Way to go!

• This LP that he won is nothing short of mailer packaging.

That skywalk from the 80s blows this one out of the water.... and really, that's saying something.

• This guy is well on his way to spending a million dollars for the world's shittiest record collection.

• so do people see that he bid on an auction of theirs and then set up shill bidding to drive it up or what? I mean it takes two psychos to make something sell for bank.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I see that seller has a manu dibango record for auction.

I wonder if he'll catch 500 bucks on it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    so do people see that he bid on an auction of theirs and then set up shill bidding to drive it up or what? I mean it takes two psychos to make something sell for bank.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=4825325735

Marc wanted this...

Maybe I over stated my cynicism on said record. I've listened to other doug riley stuff and although its got rhodes and shit I was not blown away.
    To each his own. Marcofunk tactics are foreign to me.
    still respect to the man

• shill

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Ha.. I like his one negative feedback.

"Royal pain in the ass Do not agree to internationally ship/deal with this buyer!

Reply by marcofunk: sorry didnt real.u only ship usa but u took money and no goods! sent tome!unpoli"

He must be the only dude that doesn't wanna deal with Marco.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That record looks like some dollar bin turd that I pass on all the time.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

You obviously need a'skoolin' 'bout THA RILL FUNKY BLACK MAN SOUL, dawg!

FUNKY BLACK MAN SOUL 300 DOLLARS BITCH

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

For some reason they remind me of Spinal Tap...

• That record looks like some dollar bin turd that I pass on all the time.

For some reason they remind me of Spinal Tap...

two of the 3 dudes look like Will Ferrell to me.

• he didn't win one of these but compare these two bids:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=4828622238

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=4827925220

i always thought the first record is a $60 record... but everybody should do with his money whatever he wants to... you only live once...

i saw marcofunk pay top prices for that Kelyneke (or whatever) afro album... so if you "collect" (hate this word) or maybe better "love" funk i'd say the MEDUSAS is truly one those records that should be picked-up if you have the rare chance to get it... i'm not an expert regarding african stuff (anyone here?) but i think this album doesn't turn up every week in NM condition... i've never seen it before on a regular list...

okay, who cares in the end... if MarcoFunk is happy to spend thousands on these records... everybody has to go his own way...

cheers

Why the HELL[/b] does he keep putting in all those bids on a single item???

Is there a rational explaination for that? Anyone?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

He puts the bid in, sees that he's not the high bidder, and then puts in another one...

• Why the HELL[/b] does he keep putting in all those bids on a single item???

In short: dude has a little problem.

But in all seriousness... there's also a few related psychological theories related to auctions. Quasi-endowment allows bidders to fantasize about ownership during the bidding process without actually owning the item. Preference uncertainty and construction refer to two aspects of traditional consumer models. It has been found that consumers have difficulty assessing a fair price without incentive to make a decision. When confronted by being out-bid, a bidder re-assesses her or his high bid and makes a decision to place a higher bid or stop taking part in the bidding process. He's an extreme example, but it's obvious he doesn't have any idea what he's bidding on is worth. So it appears literally at each bid he's re-assessing what it is "really" worth to him.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

But in all seriousness... there's also a few related psychological theories related to auctions. Quasi-endowment allows bidders to fantasize about ownership during the bidding process without actually owning the item. Preference uncertainty and construction refer to two aspects of traditional consumer models. It has been found that consumers have difficulty assessing a fair price without incentive to make a decision. When confronted by being out-bid, a bidder re-assesses her or his high bid and makes a decision to place a higher bid or stop taking part in the bidding process. He's an extreme example, but it's obvious he doesn't have any idea what he's bidding on is worth. So it appears literally at each bid he's re-assessing what it is "really" worth to him.

In short, he is the ideal consumer.

---

He puts the bid in, sees that he's not the high bidder, and then puts in another one...

Ah, got it. I didn't realize the only other bidder on one of those auctions bid earlier than he did.

In short, this his how Rey's brain works.

---

• NEVER SEEN THE RECORD GAME PLAYED SO BADLY.

• NEVER SEEN THE RECORD GAME PLAYED SO BADLY.

Sing it with me:

JEEZ, JEEZ, JEEZ, Jeez, jeez...

JEEZ, JEEZ, JEEZ, Jeez, jeez...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

In short, .

---

• In short: dude has a little problem.

He's an extreme example, but it's obvious he doesn't have any idea what he's bidding on is worth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4819241148

looks like he's gonna start playin the 45's game too - dealers crack open those funk boxes, Marco's coming...

or maybe he's just planning on buying the entire contents of the book...