NYC- New Record Store In Brooklyn!

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Announcements
also, in the book/reading room is also a listening booth with turnatables hooked up.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ????
    it's in williamsburgh. these are my good friends that are running this. it's still in the rough opening stages but everyone's welcome to stop in. i will try and re-post more photos soon.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    grand between ??? and ???

you can score some heat for cheap!

without havin to be a
    it's

• Dude, Im real glad to see a record store open up in BK, albeit in Williamsburg, but your being real cryptic about it. Is it open? If not, when? Where is it? What kind of shit will it carry? And so on.

some more interior photos

this is the book room.

Dude, Im real glad to see a record store open up in BK, albeit in Williamsburg, but your being real cryptic about it. Is it open? If not, when? Where is it? What kind of shit will it carry? And so on.

sorry about the delay.i had some problems posting my photos, but i think it's good now.
    anyhow, it's an all around used record shop, with emphasis on jazz and avant garde, world music/field recordings and rock. he just got in a fresh load of around 350 mostly disco 12"'s from a retired dj who couldn't fit the stuff in their place anymore. he's got probably 2 times the amount of stuff that's in the store right now that is quality too. he's got tons of 12"s in addition to the ones he just got in. it's definitely strutter friendly.
    they are open for business, but they are still renovating the store and an official grand opening should be less than 2 weeks away.
    it's in williamsburg on grand right across from the trash bar and i'll find out the rest for in a minute.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Grand betw. Driggs & Roebling. 3 doors down from my girl's biz and right next to the most fabulous store in Brooklyn - Love Shine. Send your girls in there while you dig.

thanks big spliff! i'm familiar with geting around that section, but sometimes pocono people have a hard time remembering big city street names.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    thanks big spliff! i'm familiar with geting around that section, but sometimes pocono people have a hard time remembering big city street names.

I know, I know, you use mountains, streams, and dairy cows as navigational references.

L to Bedford. L/G to Lorimer! B61 bus stops literally outside the front door.

• Grand betw. Driggs & Roebling. 3 doors down from my girl's biz and right next to the most fabulous store in Brooklyn - Love Shine. Send your girls in there while you dig.

aha! Bigspliff's secret is revealed! I thought I recognized trash bar across the street.

top for those weekend digs!

• that situationist international book looks sick...so does your store. Congrats. I'll come check you out next time I'm in ny.

I was reading on some other thread about how I've left/misssed a lot of stuff in the store.
    My purpose is that I am the owners friend. I've gotten some major deals off him, and I go ape when I'm in there fiendin' for records-- but I want to help him out by 'spreading the wealth' around, you know. I'm not greedy.
    My hope is that all of you will check it out and come out with some goodies. And from the sounds of it--many of you have. and that is excellent!

"OFFICIAL" Grand Opening Part tonite (FRIDAY) from 7-11pm.
    Check it!
    If I get away from the Poconos today, it will be to go to this.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Damn.... I'm in NYC for the next 3 weeks working on music, and the studio they put me in is in Williamsburg...

YES!!!! I need a spot near the lab!!

• Damn.... I'm in NYC for the next 3 weeks working on music, and the studio they put me in is in Williamsburg...

YES!!!! I need a spot near the lab!!

dude, you need to come through to BREAKFACE! tomorrow nite...