Is this guy legit? (eBay R)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrecboyooHe's been selling some ill records but the ZERO feedback rating makes one a bit nervous.

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I was wondering the same thing, he's from Olympia WA. Don't know if he's legit but he's got some dope records for sure.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    His Items for Sale[/b] list is like,

"every album ever to have it's own thread on SoulStrut[/b]?? "

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    I dunno if it really means anything, but it seems the guy is taking the photos himself, which presumably means he's got the records. Speaking from experience, it's a lot of hassle taking photos of records, formatting them and then getting them into auctions, so if this guy's out to scam people he's putting a lot of work into it AND he's got a nice collection to boot. Everybody's gotta start at a 0 feedback sometime, so it might possibly be worth bidding if you think a record he's selling is worth it. Otherwise, it might be better to just sit back a couple weeks until some feedback starts showing up.

• meikel_neitmeikel_neit 110 Posts
    xxxxxxxx ( 0 )New eBay Member (less than 30 days)

Feedback rating: 0 feedback reviews

Member since Apr-24-05 in United States[/b]

[edit]

what i didn't see in the first place is this here:

PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 48 HOURS DAYS OF THE END OF AUCTION OR YOU WILL RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND THE ITEM WILL BE OFFERED TO THE NEXT HIGHEST BIDDER- NO MATTER WHAT! If you can't send payment as soon as the auction ends, please do not bid on the item.[/b]

tough rules!

[/edit]

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    jesus, way to come out swinging. I want them all, except for the ones I already have. Which is only a few.

I bet he's legit -- I was just gonna start selling on ebay, so I guess its never to late to start. Of course, I was planning on being mad crooked.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Legit or not, who the hell is this guy in Olympia whom we've never heard of, selling all these amazing LPs?

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    He even has the unique Soulstrut lexical stley

WEW ARE NOT AT FALUT FOR LOST PACKAGES!
    NO MATTER WHAT!
    NO REFUNDS

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Are all you folls really gonna bid hundreds of dollars on records described as VG- from a guy with no feedback requiring immediate payment? Did yall miss the "VG-" part?

crackheads are invincible

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Whoever he is he bit a large portion of my description format. I need to get a percentage of the profits off of dude's auctions, fo' realz! Yo DeeRock, did somebody maybe swipe one of your crates and is now trying to get rid of the stolen property on Ebay? Ain't but so many people gonna have a Wayne McGhie. There are a few big timers in that area that I know of, though.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Did yall miss the "VG-" part?

• Options
    I've sold 2 McGhie's in my life - one went to CAli and the other to WA. IT was mint, though. Can't remember if it was Olympia, I know it wasn't 'PReme.

K.

• merlemerle 39 Posts
    calvin johnson?

• Been watching this guy. I emailed him saying "you know, I really wouldn't mind bidding, but do you really mean this LP is 'G-' (???) that's a bad grading". He said it would be fixed. His auctions were never updated. I emailed him once more asking what was up, never got a reply. A few ended so I guess we'll see.

Judging from what he's selling, I tend to think he's an old school head who doesn't have too much experience with ebay, just thinning down the collection.

He doesn't have much experience grading or selling online, which makes me just as nervous as if he's a scammer.

• "PEOPLE THAT USE PAYAPL WILL PAY A XTRA"

• "PEOPLE THAT USE PAYAPL WILL PAY A XTRA"

Get ready for those auctions to go

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    "PEOPLE THAT USE PAYAPL WILL PAY A XTRA"

Get ready for those auctions to go

I had to argue someone down about this recently. Dude was getting all hyphy over two dolla.

Btw, another unidentified strutter did get a reply back from this seller, which said that the records to him are VG+ but he got some bad feedback about condition on a previous account. I wouldn't touch it.

• leprechaunleprechaun 16 Posts
    i actually know the cat, he is legit. all records are legit as i've seen em. thinning out collection

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Man I can't imagine pay more than $3 bucks for them joints, way overated, if you just want the music by some cassette copies from someone at the swap meat... Well I would pay $10 for the SOB just cause cassettes aren't easy to come by nowadays, I guess I can copy over my copies of WBLS and Calvin Cooler commercials....

Na but on the real It will suck bad if dude is scamin, If you do you may want to get the Pay Pal Insurance for sure....

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

I'm sure this guy has all these records & is gonna send them out to you if you win his auctions. Will you be happy with what you get? That's a different story...Bet all this dude's records look like they've been played on a pottery wheel with a comb.

Peace

h

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    wow this dude has TOTALLY INSANE records!

• "...DJ'S & PRODUCER'S[/b] GET WHILE YOU CAN YOU MIGHT EVER SEE IT AGAIN....."

Is it still worth it selling 70s soul jazz funk records on this angle anymore? I am aware of the demand in the collector dj market, yet cannot see these records exciting very many producers.

I'm suspicious just looking at the fact that he has triples of Bob Azzam. Sold one already and has two listed up right now, all with the same photo and grade.

His response to my email:

yooooooo.number one fall bck!

i dont hve 2 scam anyone...& if sumone wants 2 ask me sum thm thn jus email...thts it!

i dont hve 2 give anyone my personal bck around...[/b]as far as payment in 48hours thts my rules...if sum one wants 2 buy sumthn & will not hve the $ after the 48 hours jus email me...i am ez going...i understand ur point but the way u come is alittle side wuz...i work with real poeple tht work with me...

(Bold added by me.)

I never accused him of being a scammer or asked for his background (or his bck around... ayo!). I only asked how one could be sure his auctions were legit.

This guy could write a book on how to list shady auctions.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrecboyoo

He's been selling some ill records but the ZERO feedback rating makes one a bit nervous.

This is the guy in Olympia you want to buy from.

In Olympia and Tacoma, back in the 90's, I bought and sold to 2 old school guys who had 1,000 of great soul records and were always buying more. One guy ended up going to jail and his records got stolen and spread around. The other guy gave his records to his nephew or something so the kid could be a producer.

2 days payment due, keeps changing his screen name, rude emails, everything misspelled, this is the reason people spend big bucks with guys like AP.

Dan

Recordmonger is definitely top notch. Nice guy with nice records.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yup cool guy. Hes always gettin all the cool stuff at the record show first thing at like 4 in the morning. Dude has endless amounts of dope private issue records on the bay weekly.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

yooooooo.number one fall bck!
    i dont hve 2 scam anyone...& if sumone wants 2 ask me sum thm thn jus email...thts it!
    i dont hve 2 give anyone my personal bck around...[/b]as far as payment in 48hours thts my rules...if sum one wants 2 buy sumthn & will not hve the $ after the 48 hours jus email me...i am ez going...i understand ur point but the way u come is alittle side wuz...i work with real poeple tht work with me...

Anybody that bids on the auctions of a guy that writes like that deserves to get ripped off....

• yooooooo.number one fall bck!

Anybody that bids on the auctions of a guy that writes like that deserves to get ripped off....

I'm sure he's just an old school head not too savvy with the ebay thing, but I have to agree.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Legit or not, who the hell is this guy in Olympia whom we've never heard of, selling all these amazing LPs?

many are VG- which isn't too jaw dropping. He does have some intresting heat though. Overall, it seems to me that anyone can come out of the woodwork with this type/caliber of stuff. Maybe he just moved there, or never sold before.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    truth man, Wayne Mcghie is out there