Lee Moses LP

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
There's so much hype on this thing, but i've never heard it. is it due? who's got some mp3s to share?

Comments

• I've never seen/heard it either. Time and Place right? Just saw the 2 45's on ebay by the massively overpriced craig moerder, and solid viper. I'd love to hear it too. Somebody name checked Lee in the grittiest soul thread.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    How much does it usually sell for?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Seems to be steadily climbing. I got outbid on it 2 years ago for under $100,
    earlier this year for a little over $100, and I saw one recently end
    closer to $250.

All of which means you'll have it by
    the end of the week, I'm sure

• i found a copy of this 3 years ago. tight lp. not every tune is a winner, but the whole lp has a killer raw production value.

real nice lp cover as well.

the 45 of 'time and place' and 'got that will' are basically the two main cuts on the lp and if you really want to sidestep finding this tough record it shouldn't be too hard to find affordable copies of the singles.

also be on the lookout for the original version of 'got that will' by herman hitson, it is arguably better than lee moses' version. faster and even rougher recording!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    As Lotusland said, it's a good, raw soul LP. I wouldn't mind owning a copy (I borrowed a copy from a friend to record it) but it's not something I'd personally call "essential" as far as soul albums go. If you're curious because of "Time and Place" (the song), the rest of the album really isn't like that, sound-wise.

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts
    Killer LP, California Dreaming, Free At Last, What You Don't Want We To Be, Hey Joe are all boss, Time and Place/Got That Will both rule!!

What You Don't Want We To Be
    http://www.funkthebeaver.com/Moses.mp3

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

7/21/03 Moses, Lee ??? Time & Place LP $196

9/20/04 Moses, Lee ??? Time & Place LP $121

12/4/04 Moses, Lee ??? Time & Place LP $185

1/24/05 Moses, Lee ??? Time & Place LP $177

10/17/05 Moses, Lee ??? Time & Place LP $200

• it's a GREAT soul album.

also be on the lookout for the original version of 'got that will' by herman hitson, it is arguably better than lee moses' version. faster and even rougher recording!!

there's also a King Hannibal version that's okay-not-great.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I agree - but the Lee Moses version of "Bad Girl" is hands DOWN the best. Dollar-bin heat.

• the best thing about the lee moses version is the fact that he pros his own album in the lyrics. "gonna to be in your town, performing on stage, singin my hit record, called time and place"

the herman hitson version always sounds empty when he doesn't say anything after "singin my hit record" youknowhatimsayin?

• also be on the lookout for the original version of 'got that will' by herman hitson, it is arguably better than lee moses' version. faster and even rougher recording!!

I agree - but the Lee Moses version of "Bad Girl" is hands DOWN the best. Dollar-bin heat.

Dollar Bin Heat?? What album are you talking about?

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts

Bad Girl 45 on Musicor = Dollar Bin Heat, I think

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I enjoy this album. He sounds like he's about to cry the whole time.

Got mine for less than $200. Solid all the way through.

• also be on the lookout for the original version of 'got that will' by herman hitson, it is arguably better than lee moses' version. faster and even rougher recording!!

Please send dollar bin Lee Moses 45's this way. I will pay handsomely.

• Please send dollar bin Lee Moses 45's this way. I will pay handsomely.

PM in effect.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I love you Lee Moses.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Please send dollar bin Lee Moses 45's this way. I will pay handsomely.

What I meant was that I got mine (Bad Girl on Musicor) for $3 and have seen Gemm copies for $10 and less. This song was somewhat of a hit for Lee Moses and got decent distribution for an artist of his relative unknown (outside of GA). This is not a hard 45 to snag, by any means (hell, if I[/b] can pull it, you guys can), but is worth every penny spent. Dollar Bin quantity, not Dollar Bin sound.

Now, as for "Got That Will"... good night, and good luck.

• Options
    "Got That Will"

This was a stock staple at Kop's back in the day. $6.50CDN a piece (maybe $20 for the last couple). Must have bought 15 of them through the years.

K.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    "Got That Will"

This was a stock staple at Kop's back in the day. $6.50CDN a piece (maybe $20 for the last couple). Must have bought 15 of them through the years.

I think I have a couple of those somewhere. What's it going for these days?