Real DJs/Producers have day jobs---What's yours?

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Those of you that moonlight and are still waiting to be discovered (a.k.a. haven't quote made their big "real" world move yet)...what's your day job? Interesting stories to accompany said jobs?I work as an Assistant Teacher at a school for "emotionally disturbed" children ages 6-18. I got crazy stories by the dozen...here's one:Last week I had to break the window out of a dump truck that one of my students had locked himself inside. Normally I would have waited him out but he had knocked the truck into neutral and it was rolling (albeit slowly) towards our facilities fuel shed where they have 750 gallons of diesel fuel on hand...kid was whacked out and had to be restrained because then began trying to cut himself with the broken glass...this of course was done with other counselor's assistance...but damn...had a hard time recovering from that one...peace,gNAT

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    How are we supposed to top that Superman?

Err, I build websites and do carpentry (hedging my bets on the apocalypse)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Special Ed Teacher Jr. High East-side Detroit. There are 8 Million stories in the Choc. City.

Gotta de-escalate a situation so this isn't a good time for oneofem!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    How are we supposed to top that Superman?
    No toppers...just sharing...I know this place is rich with anecdotal stories given the sheer number of eccentric personalities here...

Me at work...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yeah i just make websites!

had to do some nasty plastic surgereon sites though.. retouching the before and after photo's was not particularly pleasent

neither were the sites for the transsexual prostitute, brazilian bum boys etc etc..

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I was a news producer for an ABC affiliate, before moving to their web department, and before getting the boot.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Market Data / Trade Floor Support.

Why must all traders love Baseball and worse off Love the Yankees. I honestly cant stand this sport and to hear this shit all fuckin day. Sometimes I have to listen to these conversations about golf, upper east side bars, and the new shit summer homes (marthas vineyard, nantucket, hamptons) This position is an apples and oranges in contrast to the way of life I want to live. Im a techie though and the money is good so i deal.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    had to do some nasty plastic surgereon sites though.. retouching the before and after photo's was not particularly pleasent

This is what I'm talking about...wierd ish...Strutters I'm finding are an eccentric bunch...what's going on in dem gray cells, huh?

PS Dubious...let's get some JPEG action to see what you are really about...

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Research Assistant/glorified secretary at an HIV Research Study.

This is what I'm talking about...wierd ish...Strutters I'm finding are an eccentric bunch...what's going on in dem gray cells, huh?

you really need scarred up shots of 50 year old ladies who have huge inner tube guts, and instead of getting that fixed they opt for massive double D's?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Enterprise Application Developer at PalmSource, Inc. My 'plan' was to get rich quick and become a DJ, so I co founded this company back in college: AllDorm. It hasn't quite panned out yet. They're still around, but I have no affiliation anymore. Now it's bland ole corporate life.

DJ Ferrari

you really need scarred up shots of 50 year old ladies who have huge inner tube guts, and instead of getting that fixed they opt for massive double D's?

Actually, I used to work as an Editorial Assistant in the Gynecology department of a medical encyclopedia software company, so I would get these big glossy photos of chronically yeast-infected vaginas and all sorts of raer, nasty-looking sores every morning in my mail. I got fired from that job, though.

Actually, I used to work as an Editorial Assistant in the Gynecology department of a medical encyclopedia software company, so I would get these big glossy photos of chronically yeast-infected vaginas and all sorts of raer, nasty-looking sores every morning in my mail. I got fired from that job, though.

how PRAY tell does one get fired from such a task????

it's like the dude who has to clean shit all day.. people should be thankful they found ANYBODY willign to do that.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts

Hopkins? I used to work at Bayview.

Nope, no records on Baldimore...

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Special Ed Teacher Jr. High East-side Detroit. There are 8 Million stories in the Choc. City.

I'm a SpEd Teacher too! Not a day job, but a career really. Deejaying has been relegated to hobby status.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

Hell yeah...Special Ed represent...and by that I mean Special Education...

how PRAY tell does one get fired from such a task????

it's like the dude who has to clean shit all day.. people should be thankful they found ANYBODY willign to do that.

I don't know...the job sucked for so many less interesting reasons than that. I actually found the part about seeing vagina infections etc. sort of amusing in a "funny life experiences" kind of way.

Hopkins? I used to work at Bayview.

Nope, no records on Baldimore...

yeah...school of public health. What did you do at Bayview?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    My day job? Hittin' the block with rocks in my socks, plexin' in the Lexus. It's Phill Most baby, whutcha know 'bout me.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    My day job? Hittin' the block with rocks in my socks, plexin' in the Lexus. It's Phill Most baby, whutcha know 'bout me.

Yo Phil. Don't think about rollin' through B-more........

• HAZE1HAZE1 40 Posts
    im a pizza guy. Its a cool job casue i get to bump my ipod all day long. I goto a lot of crackheads cribs though and get shitty tips, but enough to keep the studio running.