Long-standing Biz question

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Yes. I have already tried to

For years i've tried to find this out... but anyone know the music source for 'Something For The Radio'?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think its something replayed.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    It's from the Prince "Cherry Moon" movie.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It's from the Prince "Cherry Moon" movie.

I always thought that was a weird scene. At that time Prince was kinda critisizin' HIPHOP.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts

btw,
    phill did you ever find that "looking at the front door" intro vocal sample you were asking about a few years ago?

btw,
    phill did you ever find that "looking at the front door" intro vocal sample you were asking about a few years ago?

Nope. You got it for me? If so, just tell me to

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    naah...
    but ever since your question i find myself thinking "what the hell can it be?" whenever i hear "looking at the front door".

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

For years i've tried to find this out... but anyone know the music source for 'Something For The Radio'?

"New Position" by Prince from Under the Cherry Moon S/T.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

It's actually on the soundtrack, Stacks? Everybody who ever talked about that BITD always said that they took that sample straight off of the movie (I don't know, I've never had the movie OR the soundtrack).

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    I thoguht its Papa Don't take no Mess ?

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Considering i've had that album from day one, I can't believe I never even noticed it. A super-sized 'D'Oh!' to go please.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I thoguht its Papa Don't take no Mess ?

you mean The Vapors

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

It's actually on the soundtrack, Stacks? Everybody who ever talked about that BITD always said that they took that sample straight off of the movie (I don't know, I've never had the movie OR the soundtrack).

Yeah Phill, I meant to type "OST". I just had a brain fart at work at the time.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak