New Jay-Z song (off of Bleek's new album)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    You're right, O: Just Blaze on production.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I wouldn't have been that certain about JB on the cut if it wasn't for the drums. They just sounded like something Blaze would have hooked up. Love that vocal loop. It's not George Benson but it does remind me of him.

• I listened to Bleek album last night and some of the beats were good. The vocal intro to Summertime is good!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    this was posted here last night. Fiyaaaa!

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

Sorry, I didn't notice last week.

LATE PASS!!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

A HREF="http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blog/2005/05/he-likes-way-i-walk-memphis-bleek-feat.html">http://www.vgfreak.com/images/screens/ecco1.png" alt="" />/A>

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    damn, Just Blaze is just takin' all my ideas. I was just gonna flip that damn Simtec beat. And that song he sampled for "Dear Summer" is one of my secret slow jam favorites since I was a youngin'. 100 bucks to anybody who can i.d. it.

So now it's come to this for Bleek- throw a new Jay-Z song on his album in hopes that people will have some reason to buy it? Hov, just come out of retirement and keep rappin' until you're 55. Judging from the new kids I hear coming up you're gonna be better than everybody else until at least then.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    damn, Just Blaze is just takin' all my ideas. I was just gonna flip that damn Simtec beat. And that song he sampled for "Dear Summer" is one of my secret slow jam favorites since I was a youngin'. 100 bucks to anybody who can i.d. it.

So now it's come to this for Bleek- throw a new Jay-Z song on his album in hopes that people will have some reason to buy it? Hov, just come out of retirement and keep rappin' until you're 55. Judging from the new kids I hear coming up you're gonna be better than everybody else until at least then.

Its pretty sad huh? lol at jay not even giving him a feature. Personally, i was pretty let down by the bleek album as a whole. The last one had better beats.

Hov will come out of retirement eventually. But for now this was the only way he could ensure his boys actually get a release date!

People are hanging on dudes every word right now! The more time goes by, the smarter jay looks......cept for giving bleek another album. Dudes a little more than 1 hit away these days.

is it true that hes only 25? Thats gotta be a rediculous music industry lie.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

is it true that hes only 25? Thats gotta be a rediculous music industry lie.
    theres no way in hell. jay hung out with him at the pj's. jay is deep in his 40's , so i'd place him at the youngest mid-30's.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    jay is 35

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

theres no way in hell. jay hung out with him at the pj's. jay is deep in his 40's , so i'd place him at the youngest mid-30's.
    Dude Jay is 35...he's not ancient. As Memphis - they're probably subtracting 7 or 8 years off of his life for the public.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Dude Jay is 35...he's not ancient. As Memphis - they're probably subtracting 7 or 8 years off of his life for the public. i thought he was in his early twenties when he was jumping on stage with kane?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hot new joints:

Foxy Brown "Art Of War"
    Young Gunz "Set It Off"
    Sleepy Brown "Mr. No Good"
    Syleena Johnson "Hypnotic"
    Pitbull "Toma"
    Killer Mike "My Chrome"
    all that new Missy Elliot shit.

Dude Jay is 35...he's not ancient. As Memphis - they're probably subtracting 7 or 8 years off of his life for the public. i thought he was in his early twenties when he was jumping on stage with kane?
    Man, Jay-Z is older than 35, believe that. Maybe not deep 40's, but 40 is a very real possibility (my guess would be almost 40, though). His first record was in 1986! What the hell was he back then, another Li'l Romeo or somethin'?
    It really doesn't make a difference, though. Regardless of his age, he's CLEARLY the nicest dude out there that's still relevant. That's all that should even matter (although of course that's not the case in the real world where people focus on stuff that's meaningless).

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Hell yeah.

Hell yeah.

that shit with the Cybotron sample is kinda sick! What's the title? I need to try to get my d/l on for that one.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Hell yeah.

that shit with the Cybotron sample is kinda sick! What's the title? I need to try to get my d/l on for that one.

Lose Control, but lots of people have it named Loose Control, which is kind of like some people's bowels when that bass hits. BROWN OUT!!!!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah I got that one and the other one, "On And On"

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Yeah I got that one and the other one, "On And On"
    yeah, i heard spinbad destroying that the other night. haven't heard the cybotron joint tho. everybody will think timbo is coming with the new sounds

I like that Foxy brown cut but it does sound a lot like Fat Joe's "Safe2Say" no?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I like that Foxy brown cut but it does sound a lot like Fat Joe's "Safe2Say" no?

That might be a different one, this one samples Jimi Hendrix "Foxy Lady" in a straight loop with drums, with the "Foxy" and the "Comin' to getcha..." samples in it.

Well maybe it does sound like "Safe To Say" a bit.

I'm listening to the M.I.A. album now for the first time.

That might be a different one, this one samples Jimi Hendrix "Foxy Lady" in a straight loop with drums, with the "Foxy" and the "Comin' to getcha..." samples in it.

Yeah man. I'm not knocking it but that guitar is really close in sound to the Fat Joe track.

By the way, speaking of knockin' beats, the Amerie CD has some beyond just "1 Thing." I like how he flipped that sax originally used on "Be a Father" by Ed O.G. And the beat (not the singing though) for "Lovers Off the Chain" is bonkers.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Yeah man. I'm not knocking it but that guitar is really close in sound to the Fat Joe track.

By the way, speaking of knockin' beats, the Amerie CD has some beyond just "1 Thing." I like how he flipped that sax originally used on "Be a Father" by Ed O.G. And the beat (not the singing though) for "Lovers Off the Chain" is bonkers.

Yeah it is, but for a Foxy song (I'm really not a fan) I am going to be putting this shit into rotation for the sheer knock factor.

And yeah, "Love Off the Chain" is magma. Rich Harrison does it again. There's a bunch of knockers off that long player.

"Love Off The Chain"? On the Amerie album??? What up with that, is that a hidden track or something? Or are you talking about Foxy or Missy or somebody else?

I'm on record as being a big Rich Harrison / Amerie fan so of course I'm diggin' this album. "Come With Me" is the one for me. Also "Rolling Down My Face" (the one with the Roy Ayers sax sample), "Talkin' About" and "All I Need". The Li'l Jon title track really ain't hittin' me too hard... maybe clubgoers will like though, I dunno.
    I'm probably in the minority here, but as a full album I probably like her first joint a little better. Although if you take the 5 strongest songs from the new one and let them have a fair one with the 5 strongest from her debut disc, I'd say the new joints knock the older ones the f**k out without breaking a sweat.

"Love Off The Chain"? On the Amerie album??? What up with that, is that a hidden track or something? Or are you talking about Foxy or Missy or somebody else?

I'm on record as being a big Rich Harrison / Amerie fan so of course I'm diggin' this album. "Come With Me" is the one for me. Also "Rolling Down My Face" (the one with the Roy Ayers sax sample), "Talkin' About" and "All I Need". The Li'l Jon title track really ain't hittin' me too hard... maybe clubgoers will like though, I dunno.
    I'm probably in the minority here, but as a full album I probably like her first joint a little better. Although if you take the 5 strongest songs from the new one and let them have a fair one with the 5 strongest from her debut disc, I'd say the new joints knock the older ones the f**k out without breaking a sweat.

Phil,

It got left off the album but you can find samples of it online. Like here: http://www.lemon-red.org/hype/05_02-Amerie-Loves_Off_the_Chain.mp3

Phil,

It got left off the album but you can find samples of it online. Like here: http://www.lemon-red.org/hype/05_02-Amerie-Loves_Off_the_Chain.mp3

YO!!! You just made my day with that one, O. I guess they had a sample clearance problem with it or something? Talk about magma... molten lava right there, son!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    And that song he sampled for "Dear Summer" is one of my secret slow jam favorites since I was a youngin'. 100 bucks to anybody who can i.d. it.

that must be a cover of Summer Breeze... or interpolation.. that melody is basically the whole thing exept the last couple notes.. as for the OG sample, I have no idea.. ?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    ok i am listening again.. maybe it isn't exactly like Summer breeze..but it reminds me of it at least.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    over at the breaks they said it was Weldon Irvine-Morning Sunrise