I have an Ensoniq Eps Sampler I want to get rid of

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I have no idea if people still use these. Does anyone know how much I should sell this for? I tried to figure it on on ebay, but all of the listings are for the eps 16 model.help!

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    100 bucks

200 tops

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    rackmount or key? do you have the os disk that goes along with it?

prepal.com (like popsike for gear) lists it at average price of 258, which is a bit high. i saw a keyboard one on craigslist a few days for 150. i'd say 150-200 is the most you'll get.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    ok thanks! yeah it's the keyboard and i have the os disk and stand for it.

the display looks like one of those prehistoric calculators that needs aa batteries.

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    ah shit. if it were the rackmount i could take it off your hands today (no room for more keyboards). you're in the bay right?

• one of those prehistoric calculators that needs aa batteries.

you mean the kind with the paper roll on it?

my mom still uses that one... and prints every single numeric entry out onto the paper.

...then throws the paper away.

• although in retrospect it was a cool piece, the day I got rid of my 16+ was a good one...

one of those prehistoric calculators that needs aa batteries.

no like this one:

haha, only $395!

• haha, only $395!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    one of those prehistoric calculators that needs aa batteries.

my mom still uses that one... and prints every single numeric entry out onto the paper.

...then throws the paper away.

This is not outmoded, its still the accounting standard... my employer recently spent $50 on one for me...

Although most folks do leave the print function on all the time and never reference the printout...

• Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyo! Massive old dude flashback over here.

Doesn't he look he could be Cap'n Crunch's bookish brother?

• Doesn't he look he could be Cap'n Crunch's bookish brother?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyo! Massive old dude flashback over here.

we kinda used to fuck shit up on one of these old things, R**s, no?

• Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyo! Massive old dude flashback over here.

we kinda used to fuck shit up on one of these old things, R**s, no?

The EPS? Hell yes.

The Little Professor? Not so much.

• AYO.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyo! Massive old dude flashback over here.

I really think the last time I seen that was when I was five. It just connected synapsis in my brain that ain't been pulsed since my bro-ham dropped crazy digits and it answered with its lighted top.

• i loved that little guy!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Advertise it as "Previously owned by Ms. Damn", starting bid 2,000. Then watch the money fall from the sky...

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

i loved that little guy!

damn...flashback!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I have no idea if people still use these. Does anyone know how much I should sell this for? I tried to figure it on on ebay, but all of the listings are for the eps 16 model.

help!

A****y, that's a really good machine (when it works) and what I started with when I moved up from this

Do you have the 4 X Expander? That will add the the price you sell it for. Alot of classic records were made with the EPS (Bomb Squad used it, etc.) and it has that "gritty" sound people pay loot for so use that to your advantage when listing it.

Why are you getting rid of it?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I have no idea if people still use these. Does anyone know how much I should sell this for? I tried to figure it on on ebay, but all of the listings are for the eps 16 model.

help!

A****y, that's a really good machine (when it works) and what I started with when I moved up from this

Do you have the 4 X Expander? That will add the the price you sell it for. Alot of classic records were made with the EPS (Bomb Squad used it, etc.) and it has that "gritty" sound people pay loot for so use that to your advantage when listing it.

Yo, that fucking Gemini sampler brought back some memories!!!
    Co-sign on the EPS. Maybe because I use an ASR-10? If you keep that EPS, I guarantee that shit will be a great collector's item.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• CLASSIC! that's what i used on "yars revenge" and it's now collecting dust, trapped in the closet.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

CLASSIC! that's what i used on "yars revenge" and it's now collecting dust, trapped in the closet.
    You know what, I used the other Gemini sampler. The one with 8-seconds of sampling time. Y'all know what I'm talking about.

help!

no, it's only got the 2x expander. i've heard book of human language and 36 chambers were made on an EPS although i'm not entirely sure it that's true. is it like a imitation SP-1200 sound that people compare it too? it's gritty i guess but i just thought that was attributed that to a low sample rate. i'm getting rid of it cause it's just collecting dust and i'm going to have to move soon and want to get rid of all this stuff i never use