The story of The Enlightening Beam of Axonda

bergrootbergroot 9 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'm looking for Bobby Browns - The story of The Enlightening Beam of Axonda.The last couple of months I've been looking for nice religious music. Last time I posted here, I got really great suggestions, so thanks for that. But what about this record? It seems interesting:"Over the course of his career, Brown recorded three albums: his 1972 debut, The Enlightening Beam of Axonda; a 1978 live record; and 1982???s Prayers of a One-Man Band. His 1972 debut remains his most inspired and most fully realized moment.Taken from the album???s liner notes, ???[The story of The Enlightening Beam of Axonda] is an original contribution to the field of religion and science--based on physics--to my knowledge not yet discovered by humanoids--more revolutionary than Einstein???s revelation of Newtonian physics--the application of this physics will perhaps (in fact) lead to the most significant change in the history of humanity (plus total religious unity).???Obscure to say the least, on its edges, Brown???s debut is a fusion of art, science and religion, drenched with honeyed melodies and the hot California sun. But, upon closer listen, the record appears to follow a more personal path. Marked by Brown???s inspired playing and vacillating vocals, The Enlightening Beam of Axonda communicates a man???s inner quest for spiritual enlightenment.To date, his music is only available on vinyl on the obscure Destiny label, which makes it fairly hard to find. But, legend has it that he used to sell his wares at some of the area???s flea markets. It just might be worth a trip. You never know. Brown???s records might be long gone, but you might uncover yet another of Sacramento???s underappreciated, long-forgotten music legends."If anyone have a rip, or a copy for sale. I would love it.peace/Andreas

Comments