Trap Door - Mystery Mix...(ohmygodrelated)

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
dont know if anyone has mentioned it in other threads, but constant rotation around my house has been the groove merchant mystery mix. music that moves in sync with the soul. i cant really say much more...i have to have it on the fisher price so i can bring it with me into every room of the house. "we've heard it before so many times...you gotta believe we can change this world of ours." coool c thanks hommiehappy holidays eberybody,t

Comments

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    huge co-sign.

• huge co-sign.

• What it is?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    That's my mans and them. Cool Chris of course, but my man Sean Julian from the vinyl monkeys is the real studio culprit. Protools edit master, cuttin tracks up and laying down lil extras that you wouldn't even know weren't part of the song. Mastered by Ken Lee. I've seen this thing come from the ground up, fuckin insane records from around the world, only one U.S. record I believe. I think some test presses went out to some strutters? White labels gettin laced up by Chris at the shop. This is killing anything else right now. Best mix since... AEIOU2?

• How does one go about copping one of these mixes? I've still got the Trapdoor Psych Mix in and out of rotation, and that was from a couple years ago.

and lemmmee paypal someone! ... pm's accepted.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    How does one go about copping one of these mixes?

• How does one go about copping one of these mixes?

• Are you guys prick teasers or what.? What is the deal-e-o? Where how why???..

You can't swing on its nuts & not let others hang...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Got my wax copy last week. Thank you Cool Chris. Dope pressing, quality handmade sleeve, nice aesthetic, and the music... fuck!

There are those mixes that are full of jams you've never heard, which make you feel like there's still a reason to dig. And there are those mixes that are packed with songs so good you just want to keep listening to it. Trap Door is the best of both. And all the talking snippets are fucking awesome.

For those asking, the mix is coming out on Cool Chris' label, Disjoint. I'd keep checking there: http://www.dis-joint.com/

• Great selection, mastering, and vibe. Shit is straight

• Great selection, mastering, and vibe. Shit is straight

ILLEST FLASHBACK JPEG OF 2005

• How does one go about copping one of these mixes? I've still got the Trapdoor Psych Mix in and out of rotation, and that was from a couple years ago.

its coming out this coming month. i will be purchasing many copies for loved ones, friends and enemies. i'm waiting anxiously for it to drop

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I think some test presses went out to some strutters? White labels gettin laced up by Chris at the shop.

This mix is bonkers for sure. International psych records are so my shit right now. I need to rip the vinyl so I can listen to it in my car. I have a feeling it will stay in rotation for a while. Everyone needs to cop the CD... face melts a plenty.

DJ Ferrari

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    wait, so this is different from the Trapdoor psych mix I got 2 years ago from laser tag nate and sean???

hit me up Chris!!!!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i copped two of them... folks who have it should take a pic of the covers. all of them different.

when i get back to the bay ill take photos of mine.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    cosig. so hot.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Chris is lacing some folks with advanced test pressings (with custom artwork no less) as a way to seed interest. The general public can get their hands on it in a few weeks. If I recall, Chris is laying down a challenge to anyone who can deduce the entire playlist. I can't remember if the reward is monetary or not but the assumption here is that no one can do it so it doesn't matter

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    vinyl monkeeeeeeeeeeeeeees rep.

i thought laser tag nate was down on this too.

moodswing9 hipped me to this and nate mentioned it along time ago.
    a long time coming

• Chris is laying down a challenge to anyone who can deduce the entire playlist. I can't remember if the reward is monetary or not but the assumption here is that no one can do it so it doesn't matter

yeah, its gonna be near impossible. maybe as a collective, soulstrut might get close, but we're going to need the help of all our foreign operatives to complete this mission: china, india, israel, los angeles

• Yesshhh oh yessshhhh....

Got my test press of this lovely thang about a month ago. Ill minimal artwork featuring cool found photographs from the days of yore. Zeus playin marbles on the corner with his homies & shit like that.
    Great music, super-nice edits and as Bam most eloquently stated; music that gives you a reason to keep on digging.

Props Chris, very necessary....

oh and uh

MERRY X-MAS!!

• Chris should have blessed some european heads with testpressigns aswell

vinyl monkeeeeeeeeeeeeeees rep.

i thought laser tag nate was down on this too.

moodswing9 hipped me to this and nate mentioned it along time ago.

a long time coming

Yeah Nate had more of a hand in the first one, but lent some of his protools wizardry to this one. When I get the chance I'm gonna put up a zip of the first Trap Door from a couple years ago, its actually quite similar to the vibe of Sketch's zero time mix. This one has quite a few more edits and vocal snippets. Don't sleep on the bol Sean Julian. And Sureshot with the ridiculous "In The Rain" cover. Cheerlead all day for these ninjas!

• with custom artwork no less...

i didn't realize mine was unique, that is awesome. tony et. al speaks the truth, all should go get this when it comes out. So many mind bending tracks.

• When I get the chance I'm gonna put up a zip of the first Trap Door from a couple years ago,...

yes please

second note: anywhere I could get a copy with the costom artwork?

• Wow,Super amped with the positive response this is getting.It was a lot of fun making this and I dug deep to ensure more than a few wigs would be jolted.This mix is essentially part two in the trap door series.The first was done by Drew,Sean and Nate and is a very tight and adventurous psych mix compilation.Trap door 2 is a International Psych mix with close to 20 countries represented.Unfortunately,I only had a very limited quantity of Pre-releases to get out(about 75),that went mostly to friends with some numbered copies leaking out at the Groove Merchant.All the pre-releases have screened sleeves made by me with one of kind found photos.Sean,Nate, and Drew should be finishing their own sleeves soon.The official release will be out in about a month and a half on disjoint.Please smoke one and check it out when it drops.

and Yeah,$500 store credit to anybody that can break the code that is the TRAP DOOR 2 track listing(excluding vocal overdubs and interludes).You have until april 1st. 2006- aka april fools day.Not a joke.Your just fooling yourself!

Chris

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    You have until april 1st. 2006- aka april fools day.Not a joke.Your just fooling yourself!

Haha, excellent! I am looking forward to hearing this mix, Chris!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    ridiculous "In The Rain" cover.

Chris is laying down a challenge to anyone who can deduce the entire playlist.
    yeah, its gonna be near impossible.

$500 store credit to anybody that can break the code that is the TRAP DOOR 2 track listing.

Your just fooling yourself!

Props to anyone that can, but in the meantime, we should stick with spending "real" money at Groove Merchant.

wigs would be jolted.

I wanna get me a piece of that jam that kicks off Side 2. Sickness w/ a Thickness.

folks who have it should take a pic of the covers.

Who's next?

The official release will be out in about a month and a half on disjoint.

I'll be there. Thank you for this mix.

• hmmm is that trapdoor mix volume 1 still available for the 'sleepers'? or is it on some ole type isht?

anyways looking forward to this, will it also be released on cd also?

happy new year,
    rich

• ridiculous "In The Rain" cover.

heard a snippet of this last month...can't wait to hear the full mix.

I wanna get me a piece of that jam that kicks off Side 2. Sickness w/ a Thickness.

Yeah that's that .

Hungarian.