street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Funky Drama, no, drumma

• Bumptastic

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Bumptastic

Queen Latifah called, she said she likes it but she's happy in whatever it is she does now.

• walmart hatter

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Gerald Chevelle

You want goofy you got it!

This is a joint I did with this cat Gerald.. It's good to throw on before you go on a drive with a lady friend. Pretty out of the ordinary for my steez

• http://www.patternbased.com/artists/mallard/low in the sky - bungalo.mp3

i guess not a beat per se, but something i started today. definitely file under goofy (at least in some dudes' eyes).

• I didn't mean my beat was goofy, just the beat post.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    damn Mallard did you play guitar on that?

• Gerald Chevelle

You want goofy you got it!

This is a joint I did with this cat Gerald.. It's good to throw on before you go on a drive with a lady friend. Pretty out of the ordinary for my steez

What the hell? Hahahahahahahahaha!

• damn Mallard did you play guitar on that?

ya, i played everything cept the piano. i dont have the steadiest hand, but i think it sounds alright in the context of everything. outsiderraer.

some of the synthy sounding stuff is me sampling myself singing on a casio sk1 and replaying it

whaddya think?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I think it cool.. You have posted some dope beats up here. I have been trying to get into insutrmentation more ..not so much for my beats but just to get some chops. Trying to learn some Piano... it sounds pretty rough.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    whaddya think?

trash that guitar!

• don't mean to totally hijack this thread, but here's something a bit more straight-forward that i made last night

http://www.patternbased.com/artists/mallard/temp/corey - whoa.mp3

• whaddya think?

trash that guitar!

guitar hatter!

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Sade Beat Suite

Heres an out of the ordinary sounding one for me

• I like that beat, mallard. Some dark shit. Real Potisheady. Good stuff. Now, a more recent beat.

http://www.tazacacao.com/Sites/filechute/Lemme24b102305.mp3

edit:
    Sade Beat Suite

Heres an out of the ordinary sounding one for me

That's tight, son.

• hedwhip is great. holiday fun.

this sade beat is nice as well. i'm not a big fan of that triton-type rimmalongadingdong and the kick hits at an awkward frequency on my consumer grade sub. the intro is very sick tho.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I was gonna ask how you guys mix or what you use for monitors. zBoth you guys have clean sound. My shit is dirty.. I just mix on some old speakers not really monitors.

Also..please describe the triton thing. This was all samples...

• I was gonna ask how you guys mix or what you use for monitors. zBoth you guys have clean sound. My shit is dirty.. I just mix on some old speakers not really monitors.

Also..please describe the triton thing. This was all samples...

we have a set of krk v8's in the studio which i really don't like using because they make everything sound great. there is no mud in them whatsoever - so i usually take my mixes up to my midiland s4 2.1 speakers (which i used when i started making beats like 5 years ago). its just what youre used to really, being familiar with the frequency response of the speakers is huge.

the triton comment was based on the fact that the snare reminded me of the classic trackmasters rim/snap combo that i've never been partial to. i thought maybe it came from the triton, but obviously was mistaken.

• My monitoring environment is but I'm over meticulous with the mix.

In a room with hardwood floors, I have two BX5's, which i really like, and a big ol JBL Eon monitor to check the bass and see what it might sound like on a loud system. I also do the patented car stereo listening session.